Home

Seit teletherapy resources

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post  Sun, Apr 19 2020, 12:19 am
Has anyone been successful in keeping their seit student engaged for a full hour via teletherapy? I have been trying the first 20-30 minutes work and then I lose them I text the mother to call back later in the day but the child had enough. Any good activities or resources? As a side note all my seit students are behavioral and have attention difficulty which I deal with in the classroom easily but by phone it’s a mess.

seeker

Post  Sun, Apr 19 2020, 1:21 am
Are you on facebook? If we can connect there, there's a SEIT group where people are sharing a lot of ideas.

For the behavioral/attention difficulty kids you definitely cannot engage them on screen for the whole hour, but the session can include scheduled movement breaks as well as hands-on activities that you have the parents help set up. With teletherapy especially for the more active kids, parents are expected to be active participants, which is a pretty raw deal for them but the absolute only way anything will get done.

I need a massive raise and a long vacation if I survive this. Planning sessions for this remote format is very different than supporting the child within the classroom. Especially since I usually take the kids with social/emotional skills needs and work with them during the classroom's play/center time when there are plenty of other kids and materials to practice with. Now there's NOTHING. One of my kids hardly has anything helpful to play with at home - there are only so many engaging activities you can come up with using ONLY cars and mentchies. And the parents don't even have a printer or anything that I can send materials... Now that Pesach is done with maybe I'll see if I can snail-mail them something but it will never be enough.

Anyway long story short if you're getting even 20-30 minutes of actual work done then I am very impressed and maybe YOU can tell ME how you do it.

amother

OP

Post  Sun, Apr 19 2020, 10:31 am
Thanks! I don’t have Facebook I have been working really hard prepping ideas and with my kids around it’s getting done later and later at night. I send them on scavenger hunts such as bring me something red or bring 2 things with wheels... I also made a life size memory with aleph Bais on the back and they tell me what letters to turn over. We did exercise/ yoga. Books work for 2 of my students but not the other.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h