Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
7mo meal ideas
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 1:44 pm
thepickled wrote:
You cannot replace breast milk with food at this age. Food is supplementary until age 1 - to help add calories to baby’s diet or to introduce eating skills. If you want to cut out nursing, you need to replace with formula.

What does that mean?
By the time my 3yo was 1, he was eating food only. I replace 1 feeding a month starting from 6 mos. I never use formula.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 1:45 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
You can replace chocolate with carob

Where can I find carob?

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 1:53 pm
meme6 wrote:
My son was allergic to some of the stuff I had a chicken burger recipe that used cauliflower instead of eggs was really good and I have a chocolate muffin recipe without eggs

Can you please post the muffin recipe?

lefty1

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 1:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks!
Allergic to apples :-(
But I can do bananas.
Sorry I missed that one Sad . Are pears ok? You could do pureed pears or small pieces of pears cooked till soft. I just gave some that I bought in those squeeze tubes. But I've made apple and pear sauce on the stove so I'm sure you could do just the pears;.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 2:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Screenshotted! Amazing thanks!
I gotta get him done nursing. I'm staaarviiinng.

I can make a bigger list..
The idea is basically
fruit and protein for breakfast
Orange veggie and protein for lunch
Green veggie and protein for dinner

Being that baby is still nursing I didn’t do the protein at every meal for that age. Especially if no eggs or dairy.

You can do chickpea pasta and red lentil pasta or protein as well.

Yes, Baby led weaning and baby-toddler self feeding takes a really long time and gets very messy.
It’s not for everyone.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 2:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What does that mean?
By the time my 3yo was 1, he was eating food only. I replace 1 feeding a month starting from 6 mos. I never use formula.

Breastmilk/formula is supposed to babies primary source of nutrients until baby is a year old. Food before then is just to introduce them to food not as their primary source.

thepickled

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 2:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What does that mean?

Solids under age 1 are meant to supplement a mainly breast milk/formula diet, not replace it. At this age they still need the nutrition offered by breast milk/formula. You can read more on the American Academy of Pediatrics’ site, here: https://www.healthychildren.or......aspx

jfk92

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 2:55 pm
Hi my kid had TONS of allergies too. With meats he could only have lamb. When you put a shank in a crockpot it comes out super soft .I put veggies in at the end like cauliflower or brocolli w peppers. Chicken gets soft in the oven. Cover and add a little liquid if you need. Or use chicken from a soup. My guy loves soup. If its not as soft as you want you can puree or shred. Also instead of dairy we used rice milk for sub that was enriched oh and coconut yogurt is still a fav. Chickpeas, beans and avocado also can be really soft and filling. As well as whole wheat pasta- just overcook it. Id make a little sauce to go with it. I make quinoa mushroom burgers w zucchini no egg or dairy required. Switch apple sauce for pear bake and mash or just grate it. Butternut sqaush was alternative to sweet potatoe. Also dont be afraid of seasonings my son even likes tumeric and ras el hanout ! Now is the time to introduce different flavors.
Have fun with it!

israelmama

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 3:12 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Breastmilk/formula is supposed to babies primary source of nutrients until baby is a year old. Food before then is just to introduce them to food not as their primary source.

This.My baby has 3 meals a day and I nurse her every 3-4 hours
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics