Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Where to buy legit N95 masks in Brooklyn?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 12:31 am
If the hospitals dont have enough N95 masks, where are all these people getting these N95 masks in Brooklyn? I'm looking to buy a few. Have looked unsuccessfully. Want the real N95 not the counterfeit ones.

sky

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 12:35 am
Kn95 are pretty close.

https://www.snowjoe.com/produc.....-pack

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 12:47 am
sky wrote:
Kn95 are pretty close.

https://www.snowjoe.com/produc.....-pack

No, their not.
They made that very clear.

Their better than standard surgical masks. However they are not comparable to N95s for prevention.

If the hospital workers don't have enough, why are people buying them?
Its so crazy.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 12:52 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
No, their not.

Their better than standard surgical masks. However they are not comparable to N95s for prevention.

Its so crazy.

They are using them to keep themselves safe. My life is more important to me than some random hospital worker.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 12:55 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
No, their not.

Its so crazy.

They're pretty good for non aeresolized environments. Medical consensus seems to be pretty sure that non medical environments do not contain viable contaminated aerosol droplets less than 1nm, and the primary transmission method is via respiratory droplets (that should not be transmitted if carrier and potential recipient are wearing masks properly). The KN95s should be good enough for that.

OP, are you in or regularly exposed to the high risk population? I may have some extra in Flatbush.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 1:51 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
They are using them to keep themselves safe. My life is more important to me than some random hospital worker.

You life is more important, Except when that random hospital has to take care of you, right?

You can choose to stay home, they don't have that option.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 1:52 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
They're pretty good for non aeresolized environments. Medical consensus seems to be pretty sure that non medical environments do not contain viable contaminated aerosol droplets less than 1nm, and the primary transmission method is via respiratory droplets (that should not be transmitted if carrier and potential recipient are wearing masks properly). The KN95s should be good enough for that.

OP, are you in or regularly exposed to the high risk population? I may have some extra in Flatbush.

That they are. I agree with you.
Im saying don't try to sell it off as N95s.

The kn95s should be worn by the civilians until (if there ever will be) there are enough N95s to go around for everyone, without shortages for healthcare workers.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:00 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
You life is more important, Except when that random hospital has to take care of you, right?

You can choose to stay home, they don't have that option.

My life is always more important to me than health workers whether they are taking care of me or not. That is not even a question.

Health workers do have the choice to not work. They aren't slaves.

vepowi

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:07 am

Unless you spend time in an environment that has intubated COVID-19 patients, I believe medical consensus is that you should not need full N95 NIOSH protection.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:08 am
My life is always more important to me than health workers whether they are taking care of me or not. That is not even a question.

You have the choice to stay home and not need the N95s.

I'm not telling you that your life isn't more important, its 2 am so im a bit foggy, sorry about that.

What I mean is.. the Healthcare workers need it MORE than you. Period.
Stay home.
If you really need to go out, use the kn95.

If there is a limited amount of N95s that there aren't enough for hospital workers, then no, you don't need it MORE than them.
(Even if your immunocompromised. If that's the case, STAY HOME.)

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:14 am

why?

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:19 am
Another thread designed to get people worked up. That's why.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:21 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
why?

Because it's my life. That's obvious.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:24 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Another thread designed to get people worked up. That's why.

Was just thinking that. Somehow even the tamest of threads are turning into heated arguments. I just posted a thread about buying a new mop. Think it will go anywhere interesting? ๐Ÿ˜

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:25 am
I think itโ€™s not allowed to use the hospital n95 if you are not a hospital worker. The other masks are good enough for everyone else. You only need the mask not to infect others if you are sick. The regular mask is good enough to protect you. If a policeman or a guard will see you with the official n95 he might tell you something

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:28 am
Because it's my life. That's obvious.

Its not obvious to a lot of people.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 3:01 am
Sapphire, it may be one thing to think something and another thing to say something. As a hospital worker, I would love to kiss you. Share with you whatever I get!

Wish I didn't need a paycheck and health insurance to care for my family.
What wonderful job do you have that many I should get, or do you just mooch off my hard earned tax dollars?

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 6:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If the hospitals dont have enough N95 masks, where are all these people getting these N95 masks in Brooklyn? I'm looking to buy a few. Have looked unsuccessfully. Want the real N95 not the counterfeit ones.

Unless you plan on intubating someone at the supermarket then you dont need an n95. Save it for the medical professionals that actually need it.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 6:56 am

Wow. Just when I think I've heard/seen enough ... let me explain something to you. Your healthcare workers life is kind of important because if something were to chas veshalom happen to you who do you think will take care of you and make sure you're getting better ? The health care worker !! and well if they're not around how will you be around ??
the hatzalah members life, the nurse and the drs lives are kind of important.
No a healthcare worker isnt a slave but they need to pay their bills, they need to pay taxes and they are all malachim that signed up to save peoples lives but guess what ? They didn't sign up for this current situation . They cant just quit and not put food on their table.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 6:57 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Sapphire, it may be one thing to think something and another thing to say something. As a hospital worker, I would love to kiss you. Share with you whatever I get!

Wish I didn't need a paycheck and health insurance to care for my family.
What wonderful job do you have that many I should get, or do you just mooch off my hard earned tax dollars?

Thank you for your service dear hospital worker. May hashem protect your health and sanity . ( I know a lot of health care professionals and this is a very stressful time , that's why I included sanity )
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics