Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Tell me about... (Game)
  Previous  1  2  3 71  72  73 102  103  104  Next

singleagain

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 8:57 am
simcha4 wrote:
What's a blast in a circular???

It's two different things A blast is something that we send out for sales on Tuesday and Thursday and the circular is for the sales for next week

And to answer your question above right now I'm trying to figure out a social life I didn't have one for a long time because I had to take on three extra jobs at work so I'm trying to figure that out

Tell me an idea for what I should do for a social life

Living Princess

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 12:29 pm
singleagain wrote:
It's two different things A blast is something that we send out for sales on Tuesday and Thursday and the circular is for the sales for next week

And to answer your question above right now I'm trying to figure out a social life I didn't have one for a long time because I had to take on three extra jobs at work so I'm trying to figure that out

Tell me an idea for what I should do for a social life

Call someone lonely and ask her if she'd like to go out for coffee

Did Corona change your social life?

singleagain

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 1:07 pm
Living Princess wrote:
Call someone lonely and ask her if she'd like to go out for coffee

Did Corona change your social life?

Problem is... I don't even know how to find someone lonely.

And yeah. My support group switched to online. And all things I would have done.. movies etc. Closed down.

Tell me something cute.

Living Princess

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 3:04 pm
singleagain wrote:
Problem is... I don't even know how to find someone lonely.

And yeah. My support group switched to online. And all things I would have done.. movies etc. Closed down.

Tell me something cute.

OK here's a joke
There's a guy who lives in LA in he's never been to NY and he's dying to see the city but he can't afford a ticket. So he drives and drives and drives. He's nearly there he crosses the Whitestone bridge and sees a sign that says "New York left" so he turns around and drives back home.

Tell me about a teacher you had in elementary school

simcha4

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 5:52 pm
deleted.

Last edited by simcha4 on Thu, May 20 2021, 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total

singleagain

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 7:19 am
My elementary school teacher.... Well the second/third grade Hebrew teachers were best friends. One taught second grade in the morning the other third grade in the morning. Then they switched. So I had one for second grade and I remember liking her. the other one who I had for third grade was scary to me. She was so tall. And when I was in second grade she subbed during parsha Noah and I remember she says the mabul waters were so tall. That if you put her (the tall teacher) on top of the highest mountain That's how tall the mabul was.

I grew up and at 5'4" I am taller than my teacher 😂

But it sure made an impression

Tell me about something that made an impression on you when you were a kid that still influences what you do today

singleagain

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 7:20 am
[quote="simcha4"]Rolling Eyes [quote="singleagain"]Problem is... I don't even know how to find someone lonely.
Quote:

--------------------

Hey, "singleagain", I'm feeling lonely. I'm not joking. Seriously. Wanna go out for coffee together? Halevai!!!

My social life is playing games here and interracting with all you dear imamothers.
I can't go out even if I want to due to a physical illness, already a few years, which keeps me mostly bedridden.
So, my social life on I/m is a real lifesaver for me.

Thanks to y'all for making me feel welcome. Smile

I'd totally have coffee with you if it's ok that I don't actually drink coffee.... My social life is limited to imamother these days also .. maybe we should do an imamother zoom meet up

simcha4

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 8:13 pm
singleagain wrote:
I'd totally have coffee with you if it's ok that I don't actually drink coffee.... My social life is limited to imamother these days also .. maybe we should do an imamother zoom meet up

That would be nice, problem is I don't have zoom.

Imagine if all imamothers on each thread could see each other via zoom. Would be interesting.
I'm sure many would recognize faces. There'd be many surprises.

simcha4

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 8:20 pm
singleagain wrote:
My elementary school teacher.... Well the second/third grade Hebrew teachers were best friends. One taught second grade in the morning the other third grade in the morning. Then they switched. So I had one for second grade and I remember liking her. the other one who I had for third grade was scary to me. She was so tall. And when I was in second grade she subbed during parsha Noah and I remember she says the mabul waters were so tall. That if you put her (the tall teacher) on top of the highest mountain That's how tall the mabul was.

I grew up and at 5'4" I am taller than my teacher 😂

But it sure made an impression

Tell me about something that made an impression on you when you were a kid that still influences what you do today

My dear father z"l reciting Birkat Hamazon aloud, and pronouncing each word clearly.
I still do it today, and be"H pray to continue.

Tell me about the earliest memory in your life that you remember.

singleagain

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 11:11 pm
If you have internet I think that's all you need for zoom. You don't have to download it. You can access online.

When I was .. younger than five. I was in like .. nursery or something and I had an index card pinned to my shirt and a teacher picked up an orange crayon and made a circle telling me I was on the orange bus.

Then when my sister was born. I remember that I visited her in the hospital. But the only bit I remember was that she has a bandaid on her heel . And I was upset that my baby already had a boo-boo

Tell me about something green

Ima Piano

Post Fri, May 21 2021, 1:32 pm
I have a beautiful green tree just outside my house and its beautiful to look out now in the summer.

Tell me about your shabbos meals

simcha4

Post Sat, May 22 2021, 9:39 pm
Ima Piano wrote:
I have a beautiful green tree just outside my house and its beautiful to look out now in the summer.

Tell me about your shabbos meals

Sometimes we have our marrieds and sweet grandchildren over for Shabbos. Sometimes it's only my dh and I and our children still at home.
When all our children ke'h were young they hardly ever wandered away from the table during the Shabbos seudahs, b/c my dh made the seudahs so interesting for them and fun and didn't only sing Shabbos zemiros but also sung songs our kids knew so they joined in.

Tell me about your guest room. The decor. Color/s. D'you have special linen for guests? What you set out for your guests?etc.

Ima Piano

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 12:50 am
I don't have a guest room yet but iyh when I do I want to be like my family members and have guest and be open and welcoming.

Tell me about your headcovering

Tof Umachol

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 1:34 pm
Ima Piano wrote:

Tell me about your headcovering

I wear mostly berets, caps and crocheted hats. I also wear the occasional bandana or kerchief. On a tiyul I might wear one of those pre-tied bandanas made of swimsuit material. (Then my kids tell me I look like a pirate.)

Tell me about a chessed you will never forget.

Living Princess

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 2:07 pm
Tof Umachol wrote:
I wear mostly berets, caps and crocheted hats. I also wear the occasional bandana or kerchief. On a tiyul I might wear one of those pre-tied bandanas made of swimsuit material. (Then my kids tell me I look like a pirate.)

Tell me about a chessed you will never forget.

This is a tough one for me because it's really hard for me to take, I much prefer doing for others. But in general people around my - my family, our community, friends have been so kind - in general I don't expect anything from anyone so I'm pretty touched when people do things. Here are a couple I won't forget
- The Rov of our shul who's supported us through a few challenging situations
- My brother who will go to any end of the earth to help us (I can't specify more)

Tell me about a special Chessed that you did for someone

Ima Piano

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 2:47 pm
I complimented someone on a job well done its something that takes a minute and could make somebodys day.

Tell me about the proteins you like to eat

simcha4

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 3:22 pm
Ima Piano wrote:
I complimented someone on a job well done its something that takes a minute and could make somebodys day.

Tell me about the proteins you like to eat

eggs, fish, chicken, meat. What else is protein?

Tell me what u do when u r in a lot of physical pain? Besides taking a painkiller. (Though I pray very much that you never experience a lot of pain or any pain at all.)

Living Princess

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 3:58 pm
simcha4 wrote:
eggs, fish, chicken, meat. What else is protein?

Tell me what u do when u r in a lot of physical pain? Besides taking a painkiller. (Though I pray very much that you never experience a lot of pain or any pain at all.)

A hot bath is the most soothing thing for aches and pains. And sleep - but of course you need a painkiller to fall asleep;-)

Tell me how much sleep you get on an average night?

simcha4

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 4:38 pm
Living Princess wrote:
A hot bath is the most soothing thing for aches and pains. And sleep - but of course you need a painkiller to fall asleep;-)

Tell me how much sleep you get on an average night?

Thanks for the good idea. And you're right re painkiller - after hours of pain I finally took 2 double strength acamol.

Can't answer re night sleep - last few months I suffer from insomnia Sad

Tell me about your principles that you hold strong, in life.

Ima Piano

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 6:40 pm
I believe that even in the hardest times everything is from above. We always need to trust hashem.
I also think all the time that the weight that I am and the weight im trying to get to was decided by God so as much I can I try but I cant do more than I could. My principals are try and try but ultimately its upto Hashem.

Whats for dinner?
Page 72 of 104   Previous  1  2  3 71  72  73 102  103  104  Next Recent Topics