Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Tell me about... (Game)
  Previous  1  2  3 82  83  84 102  103  104  Next

simcha4

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 10:15 pm
dankbar wrote:
That everyone only means themselves & not always like me.
What in your freezer for yt?

That's sad. Sad

Nothing yet.

TM about, do you do Tashlich on Rosh Hashanah or on specific day of Aseres Yemei Teshuvah?

Living Princess

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 6:14 pm
simcha4 wrote:
That's sad. Sad

Nothing yet.

TM about, do you do Tashlich on Rosh Hashanah or on specific day of Aseres Yemei Teshuvah?

We usually do it on R"H as we have water near our house. When I was younger my family usually ended up doing it on Hoshana Rabba Wink

TM about something interesting you eat on Rosh Hashana

dankbar

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 6:34 pm
The regular simanim, apple, honey, fish head, sweet carrots, pom.
I try to do sweet dishes
TM when you do your cooking for yom tov, on yom tov or before, how early do you start?

simcha4

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 6:48 pm
dankbar wrote:
The regular simanim, apple, honey, fish head, sweet carrots, pom.
I try to do sweet dishes
TM when you do your cooking for yom tov, on yom tov or before, how early do you start?

In the week before Yom Tov. I don't cook on Yom Tov b/c want to be free to daven, take care of our children, etc.

Tell me about do you hear Shofar in shul or does your dh watch your children and you go to hear Shofar at a later time especially designated for women who can't hear in shul?

Living Princess

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 7:01 pm
simcha4 wrote:
In the week before Yom Tov. I don't cook on Yom Tov b/c want to be free to daven, take care of our children, etc.

Tell me about do you hear Shofar in shul or does your dh watch your children and you go to hear Shofar at a later time especially designated for women who can't hear in shul?

My kids are all old enough to go to shul. I used to stand outside shul when they were younger as I preferred not to have to go at a later time. One year I had a very young baby and my husband got the Baal Tokea to blow for me.

Tell me about your favorite part of davening on Rosh Hashana?

simcha4

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 4:55 pm
Living Princess wrote:
My kids are all old enough to go to shul. I used to stand outside shul when they were younger as I preferred not to have to go at a later time. One year I had a very young baby and my husband got the Baal Tokea to blow for me.

Tell me about your favorite part of davening on Rosh Hashana?

Sadly, I haven't been to shul on Rosh Hashanah the last few years due to physical medical limitations, so I don't remember the davening very well. I can still recapture the trembling I felt when the Chazzan recited "HAMELECH!" and also by Shofar blowing. The fear, trembling, tears flowing, and kedusha feeling rising by "Venesanah Tokef Kedushas HaYom," and how the that feeling increased as we segued into "B'Rosh Hashanah Yikoseivu, uveYom Tzom Kippur Yechoseimu..." I would dwell on each part, Mi....uMi...., and beseech Hashem for the good parts for me, my family and all Klal Yisrael.
And then the TREMENDOUS relief when the Chazzan pronounced, "Teshuva, uTefillah, uTzadakkah Mavirim......!!!"

Tell me about if your husband finishes davening on Rosh Hashanah not long before the shkiyah, how you manage the seudas? And how/when do you feed your children? And yourself?

Living Princess

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 5:09 pm
simcha4 wrote:
Sadly, I haven't been to shul on Rosh Hashanah the last few years due to physical medical limitations, so I don't remember the davening very well. I can still recapture the trembling I felt when the Chazzan recited "HAMELECH!" and also by Shofar blowing. The fear, trembling, tears flowing, and kedusha feeling rising by "Venesanah Tokef Kedushas HaYom," and how the that feeling increased as we segued into "B'Rosh Hashanah Yikoseivu, uveYom Tzom Kippur Yechoseimu..." I would dwell on each part, Mi....uMi...., and beseech Hashem for the good parts for me, my family and all Klal Yisrael.
And then the TREMENDOUS relief when the Chazzan pronounced, "Teshuva, uTefillah, uTzadakkah Mavirim......!!!"

Tell me about if your husband finishes davening on Rosh Hashanah not long before the shkiyah, how you manage the seudas? And how/when do you feed your children? And yourself?

Our shul finishes about 1:30, last year because of corona they split into more Minyanim so my husband davened Neitz so we finished much earlier. So we don't have that issue.
But if I did, I would make Kiddush and feed my kids and eat some decent food myself. Then when my husband comes home we would wash and have a quick Seuda. But definitely wouldn't wait all day to eat. It's not a fast day.

Tell me about how you keep your young children busy on Rosh Hashana?

SG18

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 1:48 am
Planning on nursing often. Usually does the trick Wink. My little one is 4 months old.

Tell me about how to make chag meaningful without going to shul?

Ima Piano

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 11:40 am
Having a machzor with translation so you know what your saying, prepping your children with books and talking to them prior about the day

Tm about how your night was

singleagain

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 11:58 am
Disclaimer voice to text

My last night was interesting I helped a friend build a bed frame but we were missing a couple screws and at first I couldn't figure out where everything went and then I realized I was looking at the wrong piece and then it all fell into place nicely but she still needed to get replacement screws so hopefully home Depot has it but it was very painful because I was on the floor and in bad position and my poor poor back was really hurting I recently discovered that I have a pinched nerved that MRI I spoke about before but you know I'm dealing I'm okay although I did have a little bit of a scare in the middle of the night but whatever I'm fine Oh just really tired everything is spazzing

Tell me about your favorite restaurant

simcha4

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 5:51 am
singleagain wrote:
Disclaimer voice to text

My last night was interesting I helped a friend build a bed frame but we were missing a couple screws and at first I couldn't figure out where everything went and then I realized I was looking at the wrong piece and then it all fell into place nicely but she still needed to get replacement screws so hopefully home Depot has it but it was very painful because I was on the floor and in bad position and my poor poor back was really hurting I recently discovered that I have a pinched nerved that MRI I spoke about before but you know I'm dealing I'm okay although I did have a little bit of a scare in the middle of the night but whatever I'm fine Oh just really tired everything is spazzing

Tell me about your favorite restaurant

We rarely eat in a restaurant and haven't done so in years, so can't describe a favorite.

Tell me about family weddings.

singleagain

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 11:11 pm
They can be very fraught with tension if you don't have a good relationship. But in the end I hope they are a place where family can gather and just love on each other and welcome a. New addition

Tell me about a favorite school Rosh Hashanah project.

simcha4

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 11:42 pm
singleagain wrote:
They can be very fraught with tension if you don't have a good relationship. But in the end I hope they are a place where family can gather and just love on each other and welcome a. New addition

Tell me about a favorite school Rosh Hashanah project.

My daughters' school: from appr. Kitah Hei, the teacher teaches the girls how to daven in shul on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur - what parts only the chazzan recites, what parts chazzan and congregants?
When to stand? What don't have to say. When to answer "Amen." or, what to answer, etc. They make their own Machzor with the parts that they daven in shul, and write the instructions near the parts of tefillah.
I also learned some things that I didn't know from these Machzorim.

Tell me about what inspires you the most about Rosh HaShanah?

Tof Umachol

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 4:36 pm
simcha4 wrote:

Tell me about what inspires you the most about Rosh HaShanah?

The idea that Hashem in his majesty rules over the entire universe, and at the same time cares about each one of his creatures, and cares about every single thing we do.

Tell me how I can get into the mode of preparing for Yom Tov when I am beside myself with worry over my mother's health, and so busy with her recent crisis.

simcha4

Post Sat, Sep 04 2021, 10:00 pm
Tof Umachol wrote:
The idea that Hashem in his majesty rules over the entire universe, and at the same time cares about each one of his creatures, and cares about every single thing we do.

Tell me how I can get into the mode of preparing for Yom Tov when I am beside myself with worry over my mother's health, and so busy with her recent crisis.

Tof Umachol dearest, I feel that you yourself answered your painful question with what you wrote (see above) in your beautiful, profound response to my, "Tell me about what inspires you most about Rosh Hashanah?"
I'm writing part of your quote '...Hashem Cares about each one of His creatures...,' which I will gently change to - Hashem Cares about each one of His children - one of His precious children whom Hashem Cares about dearly is your dear mother, may she have a Refuah Sheleimah bimheirah Min HaShamayim and be blessed with many, many more years of joy in the best of health. Another of His precious children is you! I know, it's very hard not to worry about a loved one's health, my own dearest mother my she be well, be"H, lives in a different country than where I live, and it's very difficult from afar.
My sincere apologies if what I'm about to write may sound uncaring, I truly, sincerely, don't mean it in that manner - Hashem Wants you also to be healthy and well, and it won't help your dear mother if you get sick chas v'Shalom, from worrying so much. I'm sure that you're doing the best that you can to help your mother.
I also feel, imho, that the loss of your father which is searing pain inside you and very understandably so, is subconsciously increasing your worry over lhbd"l your dear mother's health.
Again, imho, but I've also experienced that terrifying feeling after my dear father was niftar.
One can only do their best physically, and spiritually - tefillos are very powerful and good deeds.
I very much hope that you take my words in the caring and loving manner that I mean them to be.

Tell me about something meaningful that you did for or during the last Shabbos of the year.

Tof Umachol

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 4:31 pm
simcha4 wrote:

Tell me about something meaningful that you did for or during the last Shabbos of the year.

Simcha4, I am very moved and inspired by your words. Thank you for your sensitivity, your empathy, understanding, kindness and emunah. You always know what to say to touch my heart and make me feel supported and hopeful. May you and your family have a wonderful year, with health, happiness and closeness to Hashem.

Now for my response - we spent the last Shabbos of the year with my mother, caring for her and trying with all our might to help her experience some Oneg Shabbos. I hope we succeeded. It's hard to tell.

Tell me about connecting with someone you haven't seen in a long time - perhaps to wish them a Shana Tova, or vice versa.

simcha4

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 10:46 am
Tof Umachol wrote:
Simcha4, I am very moved and inspired by your words. Thank you for your sensitivity, your empathy, understanding, kindness and emunah. You always know what to say to touch my heart and make me feel supported and hopeful. May you and your family have a wonderful year, with health, happiness and closeness to Hashem.

Now for my response - we spent the last Shabbos of the year with my mother, caring for her and trying with all our might to help her experience some Oneg Shabbos. I hope we succeeded. It's hard to tell.

Tell me about connecting with someone you haven't seen in a long time - perhaps to wish them a Shana Tova, or vice versa.

Amein. be"H. Thank you Smile

"Tof Umachol" dearest, I read your "tell me about" several times, and don't quite understand it.
When u have the time, can u kindly explain what u mean?
Thank you. G'mar chasimah tovah. Have an easy fast.

Tof Umachol

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 6:07 pm
simcha4 wrote:

"Tof Umachol" dearest, I read your "tell me about" several times, and don't quite understand it.
When u have the time, can u kindly explain what u mean?
Thank you. G'mar chasimah tovah. Have an easy fast.

Sorry, I must not have phrased it clearly. I was probably too tired at the time. What I meant was, tell me about reaching out to someone whom you haven't been in touch with for a while, or about someone who reached out to you after not being in touch for some time.

Simcha4, I just want to add that you always strike me as a person with amazing middos. Your kindness, sensitivity and emunah are so inspiring! G'mar chasimah tovah.

simcha4

Post Wed, Sep 29 2021, 9:20 am
Thank you, Tof Umachol.

Tell me about who wants to continue this game?

Tof Umachol has an unanswered Q; see previous email or two emails back.

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Sep 29 2021, 11:19 pm
I'll continue. I spent YT with family I haven't seen in years, so that was a nice way to catch up.

Tell me about Simchas Torah in your shul. Does it involve unholy amounts of candy?
Page 83 of 104   Previous  1  2  3 82  83  84 102  103  104  Next Recent Topics