Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Tell me about... (Game)
  Previous  1  2  3 90  91  92 102  103  104  Next

simcha4

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 1:56 pm
6000miles wrote:
My sister is dating and I know she might get engaged any day and I won't be there. Every time I think about it tears fill my eyes. I'm so, so happy for her. But I wanna be there to celebrate with her. It's hard, being 6,000 miles away.

My heart goes out to you. I know how it feels - that longing to be there, b/c I also live in a different country than where my family lives. It's very painful. I've missed out on so many close family simchas.
And now that I have a married daughter and her beautiful family living in a different country than us, already 4 years, it's even harder b/c I hardly get to see them and miss out on seeing my grandchildren being born, growing up and their milestones in life.
I've also shed many tears.
What is especially very hard for me, is that I rarely get to see my dearest elderly Mummy, may she be well and happy and live long, be"H.

simcha4

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 2:07 pm
dankbar wrote:
The day I met my husband the first time, I was engaged. Hashem put the right words into my husband's mouth to make it happen

Tell me about your today's schedule

Today's schedule was: drumroll please: I was in bed all day. Feeling not well - flu-like symptoms. Slept a lot.
The problem is that this was also yesterday's schedule.
And my oldest daughter at home (17 ke'h) has corona.
But life has to go on in one's home ... and Mummy needs to be above it.

Tell me about how you manage your home if chas v'Shalom you're not feeling well?

Esty 4

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 3:56 pm
I don't

Tell me about Purim

BubblyBubby

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 5:34 pm
Esty 4 wrote:
I don't

Tell me about Purim

It's still far away.

Tell me about a childhood friend

simcha4

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 2:17 am
BubblyBubby wrote:
It's still far away.

Tell me about a childhood friend

We were born 3 weeks apart. Our mothers were friends from childhood. We went to school together from kindergarten up. She had difficulty learning how to read, I taught her to read. We did a lot of things together and had lots of fun. We didn't feel we have to don a "mask" when talking to each other. We spent a lot of time in each other's homes, and occasionally ate supper.
And then one day her mother became headmistress in the school we attended.

Tell me about when you were at a small social gathering and someone there continuously irked you.

BubblyBubby

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 2:25 am
simcha4 wrote:
We were born 3 weeks apart. Our mothers were friends from childhood. We went to school together from kindergarten up. She had difficulty learning how to read, I taught her to read. We did a lot of things together and had lots of fun. We didn't feel we have to don a "mask" when talking to each other. We spent a lot of time in each other's homes, and occasionally ate supper.
And then one day her mother became headmistress in the school we attended.

Tell me about when you were at a small social gathering and someone there continuously irked you.

Friday evening at a friend's house. Another guest did her best to exclude me from the conversation, in a very rude and obvious way. When she said she was about to celebrate a round birthday, and invited the host, who had the same birthday coming up, to do it together with her, the host answered very, very, quickly: "No, that's not a good idea".
So in the end her rude behavior backfired.

Tell me about a situation where a child of yours put you in an embarrassing situation.

simcha4

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 2:45 am
BubblyBubby wrote:
Friday evening at a friend's house. Another guest did her best to exclude me from the conversation, in a very rude and obvious way. When she said she was about to celebrate a round birthday, and invited the host, who had the same birthday coming up, to do it together with her, the host answered very, very, quickly: "No, that's not a good idea".
So in the end her rude behavior backfired.

Tell me about a situation where a child of yours put you in an embarrassing situation.

That is very hurtful, to be excluded.

One of my daughters, she was a very talkative 3 yr. old, and loved playing with dolls and nursing them. One day a meshulach knocked on the front door, my 3 yr. old daughter (then) ran and opened the door wide. I heard her saying to the person at the door, "my Mummy can't come to the door now she's feeding the baby from her tummy. I'm busy now I have to feed my dollies."
I peeked out of the bedroom, to my horror she was wearing one of my b_ _s!!!

Tell me about how you feel dancing at a wedding.

singleagain

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 7:46 am
Often pained unfortunately. I have a pinched nerve and the way the circle always runs it really aggravates that nerve

Tell me about cheese

BubblyBubby

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 2:42 pm
singleagain wrote:
Often pained unfortunately. I have a pinched nerve and the way the circle always runs it really aggravates that nerve

Tell me about cheese

I did not like hard yellow cheese, as a child, because it hurt my tongue, on the side.

I liked and still do like melted cheese... pizza, cheese toast, panini, crepes, raclette, fondue...
meanwhile, I also learned that there are mild types of hard cheese. I like gouda, edam, camenbert, roquefort, (the one with the mold)... I still don't appreciate the cheese with the big holes...

Tell me about faking it till you make it.

simcha4

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 4:43 pm
BubblyBubby wrote:
I did not like hard yellow cheese, as a child, because it hurt my tongue, on the side.

I liked and still do like melted cheese... pizza, cheese toast, panini, crepes, raclette, fondue...
meanwhile, I also learned that there are mild types of hard cheese. I like gouda, edam, camenbert, roquefort, (the one with the mold)... I still don't appreciate the cheese with the big holes...

Tell me about faking it till you make it.

I'm not very good at it b/c I like the truth.
I only really do it when I'm feeling down so I'll try do something that makes me happy, sometimes it works sometimes not.

Tell me about how not to let it get to you when people speak in a harsh or nasty manner to you.

BubblyBubby

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 4:52 pm
simcha4 wrote:
I'm not very good at it b/c I like the truth.
I only really do it when I'm feeling down so I'll try do something that makes me happy, sometimes it works sometimes not.

Tell me about how not to let it get to you when people speak in a harsh or nasty manner to you.

Well, I'm a big arguer... so I would argue back... probably in an equally harsh or nasty manner...
I suppose the dignified way out would be to say something along the lines of: "Don't speak to me like this" "I will not accept this way of speaking" "Come back when you have calmed down"

Tell me about the weather in your place

GLUE

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 5:12 pm
BubblyBubby wrote:
Well, I'm a big arguer... so I would argue back... probably in an equally harsh or nasty manner...
I suppose the dignified way out would be to say something along the lines of: "Don't speak to me like this" "I will not accept this way of speaking" "Come back when you have calmed down"

Tell me about the weather in your place

Cold, mite snow soon

Tell me about a vacation you would love to take

BubblyBubby

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 5:26 pm
GLUE wrote:
Cold, mite snow soon

Tell me about a vacation you would love to take

Horeseback riding in Mongolia, sleeping in yurts...

tell me about snow

simcha4

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 7:11 pm
BubblyBubby wrote:
Horeseback riding in Mongolia, sleeping in yurts...

tell me about snow

I only like gazing at the pristine white spread before it's been punched, trampled on, slid on... and blackened.
I find it difficult to take the icy cold beforehand.
I don't know how the heating works in America, but in E'Y not every apt has central heating that warms the whole apt.
The older apts. certainly don't have. So we freeze inside.
We can't turn on more than two heaters at a time in different rooms b/c the electric power isn't strong enough, in the apt. we live in.
Sorry for my venting, I tried before turning on twice a radiator in our bedroom thinking it might heat better than the fan wall heater we have, the electric blacked out each time so I turned it off.

Tell me about how you work on ridding yourself of a habit you don't want to have.

happytobemom

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 11:31 pm
simcha4 wrote:
I only like gazing at the pristine white spread before it's been punched, trampled on, slid on... and blackened.
I find it difficult to take the icy cold beforehand.
I don't know how the heating works in America, but in E'Y not every apt has central heating that warms the whole apt.
The older apts. certainly don't have. So we freeze inside.
We can't turn on more than two heaters at a time in different rooms b/c the electric power isn't strong enough, in the apt. we live in.
Sorry for my venting, I tried before turning on twice a radiator in our bedroom thinking it might heat better than the fan wall heater we have, the electric blacked out each time so I turned it off.

Tell me about how you work on ridding yourself of a habit you don't want to have.

Not too good at that. Trying some opposite action can help.

Tell me about waiting...

simcha4

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 2:16 pm
happytobemom wrote:
Not too good at that. Trying some opposite action can help.

Tell me about waiting...

Not always easy. I used to get irritated/annoyed when having to wait a long time for... or in a queue,
until one day when waiting an hour + to go into the doctor's office, Hashem placed the idea in my mind to utilize this waiting time to work on my patience. It made waiting so much easier since then!
Plus it reminded me that the waiting is part of Hashem's Plan for me, and I'll only reach the goal/what I'm waiting for, exactly the minute when Hashem wants me to.

Tell me about having to make difficult phone calls.

singleagain

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 2:21 pm
I practice a million times what I'm going to day... Or I do it without thinking. Either one works for me

Tell me about the last picture on your digital camera roll

simcha4

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 2:27 pm
singleagain wrote:
I practice a million times what I'm going to day... Or I do it without thinking. Either one works for me

Tell me about the last picture on your digital camera roll

You won't believe - I don't own a camera! All my children do have a camera but I never felt the need for one. And I didn't get one as a child either.

Tell me about deadlines Rolling Eyes

happytobemom

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 9:15 pm
simcha4 wrote:
You won't believe - I don't own a camera! All my children do have a camera but I never felt the need for one. And I didn't get one as a child either.

Tell me about deadlines Rolling Eyes

Sometimes you just need those deadlines to get you to get the work done!

Tell me something about neighbors

simcha4

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 4:03 pm
happytobemom wrote:
Sometimes you just need those deadlines to get you to get the work done!

Tell me something about neighbors

Polite. Friendly. Very helpful. Kind.
A good neighbor is like your family member, but lives far away, so your neighbor steps in. (I don't think I worded this in proper English, so I hope it's understandable. I just let my feelings spill through my fingers onto the keyboard.)

Gut Chodesh and a happy Chodesh Adar Rishon to all Smile

Tell me about Chodesh Adar
Page 91 of 104   Previous  1  2  3 90  91  92 102  103  104  Next Recent Topics