Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Tell me about... (Game)
  Previous  1  2  3 93  94  95 102  103  104  Next

Tof Umachol

Post Sun, Mar 13 2022, 1:40 pm
happytobemom wrote:

Tell me about Pesach cleaning

I find it is important to try and remain calm about Pesach cleaning. Prioritize, evaluate what is doable in your home, and make a sane plan to work toward Pesach. Remember that the goal is to arrive at Pesach with joy, so the whole family can celebrate together, with simchat hamitzvah. Whatever you do, don't get sucked into the crazy annual 'where are you in your pesach cleaning' competition.

Tell me about an original or clever Purim costume.

singleagain

Post Sun, Mar 13 2022, 2:07 pm
2 years ago in 2020 my mom went as a silver lining
This was actually adapted from my best friends random idea for a Halloween costume in a writing thing we were doing together

She actually also put a cloud on her hat and when as the cloud with the silver lining

Right before everything shut down it was very prophetic

Tell me about a carnival that you had fun at

happytobemom

Post Sun, Mar 13 2022, 3:56 pm
Tof Umachol wrote:
I find it is important to try and remain calm about Pesach cleaning. Prioritize, evaluate what is doable in your home, and make a sane plan to work toward Pesach. Remember that the goal is to arrive at Pesach with joy, so the whole family can celebrate together, with simchat hamitzvah. Whatever you do, don't get sucked into the crazy annual 'where are you in your pesach cleaning' competition.

Love this! Thank you! Smile

happytobemom

Post Sun, Mar 13 2022, 3:57 pm
singleagain wrote:
This was actually adapted from my best friends random idea for a Halloween costume in a writing thing we were doing together

She actually also put a cloud on her hat and when as the cloud with the silver lining

This is adorable! (and wow to the prophetic thing!)

simcha4

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 4:15 pm
singleagain wrote:

Tell me about a carnival that you had fun at

What a beautiful and clever idea for a costume. I like it Smile

Re carnival: I don't think I've ever been to one.
As a child we went to what's called in Britain - a fun-fair, that were run by frum people. But that wasn't on Purim. It was held during the summer holidays and on Chanukah - times when we didn't have school. Not sure that a carnival and a fun-fair are the same.

Tell me about cleaning up after Purim ...

singleagain

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 8:19 pm
Cleaning up afterwards can be slightly stressful because you suddenly realize Passover is in a month

Tell me about quiet megillah readings versus noisy ones

simcha4

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 10:50 pm
singleagain wrote:
Cleaning up afterwards can be slightly stressful because you suddenly realize Passover is in a month

The few noisy megillah readings I attended over the decades, I had to find a shul to hear the megillah again. It was annoying. I still remember one place they were literally smashing those long fluorescent lights. That was the craziest. I walked out in middle of megillah reading.
Usually, if it only starts getting noisy someone will quickly "shush" the noisemakers.
Some noise we have to allow to stamp out Haman's name. Smile I think it's a custom to make a noise when Haman's name is said during Megillah reading. The women usually lightly tap their shoe on the floor.

Tell me about, in general, what items people purchase the most of in a supermarket, before Purim. (besides sweet nosh)

happytobemom

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 10:55 pm
singleagain wrote:

My husband read megillah for me, two big children, and a neighbor who just had a baby in my house tonight. That was really nice!

simcha4

Post Sat, Mar 19 2022, 7:46 pm
Gut Voch Smile
Tell me about the Shabbos after Purim?

happytobemom

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 1:45 am
simcha4 wrote:
Gut Voch Smile
Tell me about the Shabbos after Purim?

I love when Purim goes straight into Shabbos. (I still consider Thursday, out of Yerushalayim, to be straight into Shabbos.) Time to unwind, relax and enjoy Shabbos before going back to school/work.

Forgive me, Simcha4 for skipping your last post. It was not my intention when answering Singleagain's post about megillah readings. I just wanted to chime in on that one, and didn't particularly have an answer to the next, but thought someone else might. Once you posted another, I had what to answer.

Tell me about hire cleaning help.

singleagain

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 5:25 am
I would love to hire help for my mom. But I think at this point hiring someone stresses her out more

Tell me about waking up in the middle of the night

simcha4

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 3:12 pm
singleagain wrote:
I would love to hire help for my mom. But I think at this point hiring someone stresses her out more

Tell me about waking up in the middle of the night

there's construction of train tracks being done on the main road very near to where we live, they work through the day and night. In the beginning I found the noise unbearable, but I knew I have to live with this for probably, at least, the next year or two, so I decided I have to work on myself to live with the often unbearable noise. I said to myself: "if Hashem Made this continuous noise near where we live then He Will Give me the ability to bear it." And b'H it made a difference in me.

Tell me about making cakes on Pesach (minus Matzo Meal) with potato flour, that don't fall. TIA Smile

singleagain

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 3:16 pm
My mom makes a really good sponge cake recipe that does not have matzo meal It's sugar and egg whites... The the there does form like a little crust and sometimes it gets a little dense but it's so yummy and imyh I will get you the recipe if you want

Tell me a funny story

simcha4

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 4:20 pm
singleagain wrote:
My mom makes a really good sponge cake recipe that does not have matzo meal It's sugar and egg whites... The the there does form like a little crust and sometimes it gets a little dense but it's so yummy and imyh I will get you the recipe if you want

Tell me a funny story

Thanks so much, "singleagain", I'd really appreciate it.
Please, if you can write exact measurements and oven temparature. If possible using disposable spoons and cups b/c I think the Israel/American measurements are different. In Israel it's kilos and grams) I assume American is like in England - pounds and ounces.
Also, you wrote it has egg whites; what do you do with the egg yolks? What other food do you use the yolks for (not raw)?

simcha4

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 7:33 pm
singleagain wrote:

Tell me a funny story

My apologies, "singleagain", for not responding to your - Tell me a .... when I posted.
My very good friend whom I hadn't seen in ages suddenly came to visit, so I quickly pressed SUBMIT
to send that post.

I'm sure that I have funny stories but nothing comes to my mind now, so I'll hand the pleasure of responding to another player.
I'm also eager to read a funny story.

happytobemom

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 11:34 pm
singleagain wrote:

Tell me a funny story

We were dressing up to act out the Purim story with my special needs students (the most delicious, adorable group of children!). One little girl was wearing a beard (as Mordechai) and was taking her role very seriously. When snack time came, another morah suggested she take off the beard so it doesn't get dirty while she eats. She responded, "My Totty doesn't take off his beard when he eats!"

Tell me about children's haggadahs/pesach projects

simcha4

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 12:24 am
happytobemom wrote:
We were dressing up to act out the Purim story with my special needs students (the most delicious, adorable group of children!). One little girl was wearing a beard (as Mordechai) and was taking her role very seriously. When snack time came, another morah suggested she take off the beard so it doesn't get dirty while she eats. She responded, "My Totty doesn't take off his beard when he eats!"

Tell me about children's haggadahs/pesach projects

ADORABLE!!! and very clever

re your - Tell me about ...
I don't have young children anymore so I'll leave it to the Ima players with young kids to answer

dankbar

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 12:49 am
You can do pics of kids doing the simanim.
You can place pic of child dressed up as tatty on inside of back page. All pages prior are only half, forms a seder table, which looks like each siman is done by totty pic which is in the backdrop.

Using velcro, fasteners so you can move things make it more hands on and interactive. , but also easier to lose the pieces.

Tell me how you get to pesach if you are way behind?

singleagain

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 7:07 am
One day at a time like the rest of us

Tell me about that pins and needles feeling when your extremities go numb

dankbar

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 10:24 pm
Check if it's coming from a punched nerve, slipped disc, sciatica could even be from shoulder or neck going down arms, so fingers get numb.

Could also be a circulation problem, one root cause can be disbetes, or a clot.

Tell me how I will get to pesach intact, when there is so much to do?
Page 94 of 104   Previous  1  2  3 93  94  95 102  103  104  Next Recent Topics