Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Tell me about... (Game)
  Previous  1  2  3 94  95  96 102  103  104  Next

singleagain

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 10:29 pm
Voice to text I'm sorry

Okay remember 2 years ago when everyone was freaking out because they had to make pesach for the first time

All the Rabbis came out with the bare minimum of what was required

Make sure you have those bases covered and prioritize the next steps

I I don't know what customs everyone has so I'm going to speak to my customs and I apologize if I am saying something that goes against your custom

First off if you're not going to be needing the room close it up.

Remember that it's it's you don't food that a dog wouldn't eat so you really don't need a lot.. And don't stress about things like your shampoos and deodorants because there are those leniencies

Used disposables makes life easier there are tons of sales you can even get really nice stuff on Amazon

Honestly no one needs kosher for Passover pancakes and pancake syrup and God knows what else I see in the grocery store that I look at and I'm like thinking to myself really did they have this when they left Egypt

If you need help get help. Even if it's not cleaning paying to help I mean see if you can exchange services for someone you go to the grocery store they help you clean.

If you tell me more specifics about what you're worrying about I'm more than happy to help or if you want to PM or email me I I'm happy to help I just feel like I could give better advice if I knew more about your situation

Tell me if my using voice to text bothers you. I really don't do it that often unless I'm crazy busy or exhausted like I am right now and sometimes I'm afraid that people get really annoyed by it

simcha4

Post Fri, Mar 25 2022, 1:07 am
singleagain wrote:
Voice to text I'm sorry

Okay remember 2 years ago when everyone was freaking out because they had to make pesach for the first time

All the Rabbis came out with the bare minimum of what was required

Make sure you have those bases covered and prioritize the next steps

I I don't know what customs everyone has so I'm going to speak to my customs and I apologize if I am saying something that goes against your custom

First off if you're not going to be needing the room close it up.

Remember that it's it's you don't food that a dog wouldn't eat so you really don't need a lot.. And don't stress about things like your shampoos and deodorants because there are those leniencies

Used disposables makes life easier there are tons of sales you can even get really nice stuff on Amazon

Honestly no one needs kosher for Passover pancakes and pancake syrup and God knows what else I see in the grocery store that I look at and I'm like thinking to myself really did they have this when they left Egypt

If you need help get help. Even if it's not cleaning paying to help I mean see if you can exchange services for someone you go to the grocery store they help you clean.

If you tell me more specifics about what you're worrying about I'm more than happy to help or if you want to PM or email me I I'm happy to help I just feel like I could give better advice if I knew more about your situation

Tell me if my using voice to text bothers you. I really don't do it that often unless I'm crazy busy or exhausted like I am right now and sometimes I'm afraid that people get really annoyed by it

"Singleagain", as always you offered very wise and practical suggestions.

I want to answer this excellent post in 2 seperate posts b/c there are 2 important aspects here which may not be combined.

In this post, I'm answering to what I bolded in your post re Rabbonim gave heterim 2 years ago to do the bare minimum in Pesach cleaning:

Firstly, what I'm writing here comes from a reliable first-hand Rabbinic source.
Okay, I'll write which source b/c if not people on imamother sometimes don't take it seriously - my husband works with the Rabbonim. One of his posts and responsibilities that he does in Zaka - he is the secretary and spokesperson of the Rabbonim, meaning he passes on shailos that people ask to the Rabbonim and then he tells the people what the Rav/Rabbonim paskend/answered. He also does this for medical issues since he is an EMT and Hatzola volunteer. This means he's constantly consulting and discussing important issues and situations, private and for the public, with the Rabbonim.

2 years ago Erev Pesach was the beginning of the Covid19 pandemic.

Many people then unfortunately were sick, very sick, and r'l dying from Covid.

The Rabbonim had to pasken many, many things according to the situation at the time, different than they would pasken in regular times.
This is called in L'HK in Rabbinic term- horaas hashah - meaning these leniencies, heterim, psaks are only for this time, now in this serious situation, and not for all times.

People didn't ask Rabbonim sheilos only because they were freaking out about making Pesach alone for the first time.
There were many, many other important sheilos and also psaks that the Rabbonim announced to the public b/c of the seriousness of the Covid.

I remember that year there were also many different psaks from Rabbonim for fasting on Yom Kippur, different than other regular years.
My husband told me b/c many people were asking him and he was discussing it with the Rabbonim.

The leniencies that the Rabbonim gave 2 years ago Erev Pesach are not allowed to be used this year Erev Pesach b/c b'H the population isn't in that same Covid situation as back then.

This year, if people need heterim they have to ask their Rav and may not rely on the psak they got 2 years ago during the Covid.
Another point in general: Rabbonim take into consideration the person who's asking personal situation... and other things, when paskening. That's why it's so important to say all that's neccessary when asking a Rav a sheilah.
And that's the reason why it's forbidden to pass on to others a psak on anything that one got from a Rav. Every person has to ask for themself.

I hope I wrote my words clearly and understandable. I asked my husband before I wrote this post and also if I should write it at all to make people aware of the fact what I wrote above, b/c in general I don't like to preach and to tell people, you should, you must, etc.

He responded: "you must write it!"

2nd point that I wanted to write about - not Covid related, in next post, iy'H.

Gut Shabbos to dearest all Smile

singleagain

Post Fri, Mar 25 2022, 1:28 am
simcha4 wrote:
"Singleagain", as always you offered very wise and practical suggestions.

I want to answer this excellent post in 2 seperate posts b/c there are 2 important aspects here which may not be combined.

In this post, I'm answering to what I bolded in your post re Rabbonim gave heterim 2 years ago to do the bare minimum in Pesach cleaning:

Firstly, what I'm writing here comes from a reliable first-hand Rabbinic source.
Okay, I'll write which source b/c if not people on imamother sometimes don't take it seriously - my husband works with the Rabbonim. One of his posts and responsibilities that he does in Zaka - he is the secretary and spokesperson of the Rabbonim, meaning he passes on shailos that people ask to the Rabbonim and then he tells the people what the Rav/Rabbonim paskend/answered. He also does this for medical issues since he is an EMT and Hatzola volunteer. This means he's constantly consulting and discussing important issues and situations, private and for the public, with the Rabbonim.

2 years ago Erev Pesach was the beginning of the Covid19 pandemic.

Many people then unfortunately were sick, very sick, and r'l dying from Covid.

The Rabbonim had to pasken many, many things according to the situation at the time, different than they would pasken in regular times.
This is called in L'HK in Rabbinic term- horaas hashah - meaning these leniencies, heterim, psaks are only for this time, now in this serious situation, and not for all times.

People didn't ask Rabbonim sheilos only because they were freaking out about making Pesach alone for the first time.
There were many, many other important sheilos and also psaks that the Rabbonim announced to the public b/c of the seriousness of the Covid.

I remember that year there were also many different psaks from Rabbonim for fasting on Yom Kippur, different than other regular years.
My husband told me b/c many people were asking him and he was discussing it with the Rabbonim.

The leniencies that the Rabbonim gave 2 years ago Erev Pesach are not allowed to be used this year Erev Pesach b/c b'H the population isn't in that same Covid situation as back then.

This year, if people need heterim they have to ask their Rav and may not rely on the psak they got 2 years ago during the Covid.
Another point in general: Rabbonim take into consideration the person who's asking personal situation... and other things, when paskening. That's why it's so important to say all that's neccessary when asking a Rav a sheilah.
And that's the reason why it's forbidden to pass on to others a psak on anything that one got from a Rav. Every person has to ask for themself.

I hope I wrote my words clearly and understandable. I asked my husband before I wrote this post and also if I should write it at all to make people aware of the fact what I wrote above, b/c in general I don't like to preach and to tell people, you should, you must, etc.

He responded: "you must write it!"

2nd point that I wanted to write about - not Covid related, in next post, iy'H.

Gut Shabbos to dearest all Smile

Simcha4. Thank you for clarifying a bit. I def didn't mean do only what was 2 years ago... But just to point out that there are leniencies. And also a difference between absolutely must vs nice to do. Like if cleaning things out with toothpicks is too much ... Ask if that's really needed type of thing.

I think I was doing my post voice to text and really tired. Already fell asleep once tonight... And woke up... Now it's time for take two.

dankbar

Post Fri, Mar 25 2022, 9:41 am
Thank you both for your wise words.

The reason I am anxious, to get everything done is because I am very behind in cleaning. Usually I start like 2 months before & wash everything in my home down. I know not everything is chometz & lot is spring cleaning like just deep cleaning once a year & organizing.
Decluttering I did do a lot over the last half a year. I didn't have the help for deeper cleaning properly. I don't have big girls home to help me & have little kids including a toddler + we were in a crisis mode for the past year.
Secondly, for past 2 years the deep cleaning wasn't really done because of covid and last year wasn't home just sold my apt.
Now you will say some areas don't need to be done because it's not a chometz area, well when you have a toddler it doesn't apply. I found a whole pretzel in my night table drawer.
She doesn't go to playgroup & still shleps chometz food all over the house while pesach cleaning.
Now I am trying to catch up on the work but it's a lot to do in a short time.
Even the shopping, the groceries, the errands, the cooking, everything falls on me as I don't have big girls to help me only young kids.

Tell me how you keep your kids clothes organized

happytobemom

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 5:57 pm
dankbar wrote:
Thank you both for your wise words.

The reason I am anxious, to get everything done is because I am very behind in cleaning. Usually I start like 2 months before & wash everything in my home down. I know not everything is chometz & lot is spring cleaning like just deep cleaning once a year & organizing.
Decluttering I did do a lot over the last half a year. I didn't have the help for deeper cleaning properly. I don't have big girls home to help me & have little kids including a toddler + we were in a crisis mode for the past year.
Secondly, for past 2 years the deep cleaning wasn't really done because of covid and last year wasn't home just sold my apt.
Now you will say some areas don't need to be done because it's not a chometz area, well when you have a toddler it doesn't apply. I found a whole pretzel in my night table drawer.
She doesn't go to playgroup & still shleps chometz food all over the house while pesach cleaning.
Now I am trying to catch up on the work but it's a lot to do in a short time.
Even the shopping, the groceries, the errands, the cooking, everything falls on me as I don't have big girls to help me only young kids.

Dankbar, I'm sorry you're feeling so anxious about Pesach, I get it!
I know how people always say dust is not chometz, and pesach cleaning doesn't have to be spring cleaning, but yes, when I clean for Pesach I like to make it spring cleaning also. It's just not going to happen another time.
Can you give your toddler something to do to "help"? It won't actually be a real help, but hopefully will keep her from undoing your work. You can give her a spray bottle (with water) and shmattah and let her "clean" away. Or a toy broom. My sister used to have a toy vacuum that ran on batteries that actually picked up crumbs! It was my nephews favorite toy ever, and I think my sister's as well!

dankbar wrote:
Tell me how you keep your kids clothes organized

Do you mean old/out of season clothing, not being worn?
I like to store my old clothes sorted by season. So for example I'll have a box labeled Boys, Winter, Size 2-8. And separate boxes with girls/summer. This way when I'm looking for clothes that might fit my 6 year old daughter, I find the girls' box of that season and there will be clothing there of a few sizes, which is good because she may not fit into things the same way as the sister before her.
Does that make sense?

Tell me about being Mommy when not feeling well...

dankbar

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 7:24 pm
I was referring to reg orginazation of clothes. In between season is hard when you need all type of clothes out at once and no place,as one day is hot & one day is cold. This week was freezing winter weather, last week was summer weather.

About storage, bh I dismantled all storage stuff & gave away to family or donations. The only ones I kept were stuff that I will pass down from one girl to next. They are 4 yrs apart. I kept one basic baby box for future grandchildren when they come to my home like few undershirts, hooded towels, baby hats and receiving blankets. That's it.

As for regular clothes which we had no space, we bh decluttered for everyone what is not needed anymore, or doesn't fit. We also threw away a dresser that is 45 yrs old and replaced with a larger one. My kids are still not happy as their stuff is not necessarily where they sleep just where we find room. We are in the midst of slashing all our belongings in general so that we have more space.

As far as getting things done when mom is not feeling well is tough. Get more help, delegate, and hardest part is not being in control but you have to let go of perfection & thank the kids or help how they do it, even if not done the way you would. I know it's easier said than done.

How do you discipline kids that don't talk respectfully?

singleagain

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 7:16 am
I one time saw my friend talk very calmly to her kid, while holding her kid in place (not hard, just like making sure the kid was focused on her) but what struck me most was the calm way she was talking even though a second ago her kid was screaming

Tell me about cars.

birdie1

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 9:25 pm
They're convenient to take one from place a to b. Don't ask me about models and brands.

Tell me about your neighborhood

GLUE

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 11:07 pm
birdie1 wrote:
They're convenient to take one from place a to b. Don't ask me about models and brands.

Tell me about your neighborhood

My neighborhood is set up as a semi New Urbanit, witch means that is has houses crammed in next to each other, with most houses being a multi family, small yards, there is shopping and a community center with in a 15 minute walk from most if not all the houses. The developer "forgot" to put in a place for people to ride bikes safely, a place for schools and other things things that make up New Urbanits.

Tell me what type of neighborhood you would like to live in

dankbar

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 12:41 pm
Private relaxing space with grass around. Maybe.

Tell me about time management

bgr8ful

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 12:48 pm
dankbar wrote:
Private relaxing space with grass around. Maybe.

Tell me about time management

Oh that is not my strong point. I’m a big procrastinator and I get things done best when I’m under pressure because it needs to get done asap.

Tell me about life goal you have and how you’re actively pursuing it.

Aurora

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 3:04 pm
Writing a book. I try to sit down every night and write a little bit. But lately I've been slacking because I wake up very early for work, plus holiday stress.

Tell me about something you do for yourself as a treat.

simcha4

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 3:09 pm
Aurora wrote:
Writing a book. I try to sit down every night and write a little bit. But lately I've been slacking because I wake up very early for work, plus holiday stress.

Tell me about something you do for yourself as a treat.

Treat myself to Mishpacha magazine each week Lekavod Shabbos Kodesh

Tell me about how to overcome pre-major surgery jitters?

bgr8ful

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 3:28 pm
simcha4 wrote:
Treat myself to Mishpacha magazine each week Lekavod Shabbos Kodesh

Tell me about how to overcome pre-major surgery jitters?

I had surgery a couple months ago. I didn’t sleep a wink the night before I was so nervous. As they were wheeling me into the operating room my entire body was shaking, but I just tried breathing slowly and thinking in my head over and over that Hashem is watching over me and everything’s gonna be ok… and then all of a sudden I was waking up in the recovery room Smile
It wasn’t a very major surgery tho, so I don’t completely relate.. hope that still helps Smile

Tell me about your favorite song.

simcha4

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 3:43 pm
bgr8ful wrote:
I had surgery a couple months ago. I didn’t sleep a wink the night before I was so nervous. As they were wheeling me into the operating room my entire body was shaking, but I just tried breathing slowly and thinking in my head over and over that Hashem is watching over me and everything’s gonna be ok… and then all of a sudden I was waking up in the recovery room Smile
It wasn’t a very major surgery tho, so I don’t completely relate.. hope that still helps Smile

Tell me about your favorite song.

Thanks! You did help me, firstly by responding at all, secondly, the part of breathing in and out and that Hashem is Watching over me.
May Hashem Protect over you and you should never need surgery again. I hope that you have recovered well from your surgery, be'H.
What I'm finding the most difficult is the fact that I'm having an organ in my body removed. I find that hard to come to terms with.

My favorite song - in English: "A Yid" sung by Benny Friedman.
Yiddish - "Mamme Rochel" on Rochel Imeinu.
LH"K - "Koh Echsof" - a Shabbos zemiros composed by Rabbi Aharon of Karlin, zt'l

Tell me about the order how you prepare for Shabbos? What you usually do first, and after that....

happytobemom

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 5:59 pm
simcha4 wrote:

Tell me about the order how you prepare for Shabbos? What you usually do first, and after that....

I start with peeling lots of potatoes and carrots. I put them all in a big pot with water, to be used for a few different things. Then I start cutting some, and move onto whichever other food I'm in the mood to make next.

Tell me something about summer

singleagain

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 7:45 pm

I think the snowman sums it up nicely

Tell me about a perk at your job

happytobemom

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 8:52 pm
singleagain wrote:

I think the snowman sums it up nicely

Tell me about a perk at your job

Very Happy

My hours are very good B"H, I don't work Fridays, and I work with the most delicious group of little girls with special needs ever!

Tell me about weddings where you know almost noone there

dankbar

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 9:09 pm
Refuah shleimah & hatzlacha, simcha 4. Everything should go kashirah & you should get back to health speedily

Aurora

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 9:36 pm
I get a chance to make the bride happy, talk to new people, make new friends, and do a ton of dancing. It's better with buddies, but can still be fun and is still such a mitzvah.

Tell me about your favorite mitzvah.
Page 95 of 104   Previous  1  2  3 94  95  96 102  103  104  Next Recent Topics