Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Tell me about... (Game)
  Previous  1  2  3 95  96  97 102  103  104  Next

happytobemom

Post Sat, Apr 30 2022, 11:44 pm
Aurora wrote:
I get a chance to make the bride happy, talk to new people, make new friends, and do a ton of dancing. It's better with buddies, but can still be fun and is still such a mitzvah.

Tell me about your favorite mitzvah.

About the wedding, it was nice. I can't remember ever going to a wedding where I literally only knew three people there - including the kallah! Didn't make new friends or do a ton of dancing, but danced a little, (was nice to have some permitted music, since I normally don't listen now!) and the kallah was very happy to see me. And was just happy to be at a simcha!

I can't say I have a favorite mitzvah. Two that are especially meaningful to me are hadlakas neros and hafrashas challah. Special womanly davening times for me.

Tell me about a mitzvah you would like to do better.

happytobemom

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 5:02 pm
Here's a new one:

Tell me about the weather

dankbar

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 10:55 pm
Well, the weather is crazy! One day cold, one day hot, that's why everyone is getting colds

Tell me about what your dinner includes

simcha4

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 5:22 pm
dankbar wrote:
Well, the weather is crazy! One day cold, one day hot, that's why everyone is getting colds

Tell me about what your dinner includes

dinner is usually midday and a cooked meal down this end. soup. main -protein. side -carbs.

tell me about what helps recovery after surgery.

singleagain

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 5:32 pm
Good pain drugs and depending on the person either lots of quiet or lots of visitors

Tell me about a very random skill that you have. For instance I can insert a Hebrew symbol and a word document really quickly I did that when I took notes in college

dankbar

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 5:41 pm
Oh, you had your surgery already? How did it go? How do you feel? Only percocept helped me after my csections

happytobemom

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 11:13 pm
simcha4 wrote:

tell me about what helps recovery after surgery.

Can I chime in on this?
I think it's very important after major surgery to treat yourself like you just had major surgery!
I'm being serious, sometimes people feel like pushing, insisting they feel fine, not wanting to take too many meds, feeling bad that they need help and others are doing so much for them...
Surgery is a big deal! Allow yourself to be taken care of, take as many pain killers as you can, allow yourself to say how much it hurts and I just can't abc or xyz, without feeling guilty.
I loved what singleagain said about depending on the person- if you want visitors or phone calls, allow it. But if you want a lot of quiet, make sure you get that!
Wishing you a complete refuah!

happytobemom

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 10:58 pm
singleagain wrote:
Good pain drugs and depending on the person either lots of quiet or lots of visitors

Tell me about a very random skill that you have. For instance I can insert a Hebrew symbol and a word document really quickly I did that when I took notes in college

I can't think of a random skill, but I can type Hebrew very well.

Tell me about lag baomer where you live.

simcha4

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 9:03 am
Perhaps someone wants to answer dearest "happytobemom's" Q so that this game can continue? Tx.

happytobemom

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 3:38 pm
If lag baomer is on noone's mind anymore, I'll post a new one.
Tell me something (anything!) about Shavuos

dankbar

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 10:54 pm
Lag baomer we have local fires with music. I took my kids.
For shavuos we travel to our rebbe. We finally found an apt. I cook everything & take it along.

Do you do a communal milchig kiddush like extended family/friends/shul or just with you own family?

GLUE

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 11:20 pm
dankbar wrote:
Lag baomer we have local fires with music. I took my kids.
For shavuos we travel to our rebbe. We finally found an apt. I cook everything & take it along.

Do you do a communal milchig kiddush like extended family/friends/shul or just with you own family?

Years ago I lived in a small community and on the first day of Shavuos we would have a community Barbecue, on the last day was a Nelous Ha Chag that was Milchig.

Do you decorate your house with flowers on Shavuos.

happytobemom

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 6:27 pm
GLUE wrote:
Years ago I lived in a small community and on the first day of Shavuos we would have a community Barbecue, on the last day was a Nelous Ha Chag that was Milchig.

Do you decorate your house with flowers on Shavuos.

Usually just a vase on the table, and any flower projects the kids made it school. Sometimes napkin rings.

Tell me something about flowers.

simcha4

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 7:15 pm
happytobemom wrote:
Usually just a vase on the table, and any flower projects the kids made it school. Sometimes napkin rings.

Tell me something about flowers.

A close friend came to visit me today and kindly gave me a gift: a vase with the most beautiful flowers I've ever seen. I mean it seriously when I say I don't think I've ever seen such lovely flowers.
I put it on my bedside cabinet and I keep on looking at it. If I knew how to post a picture of the flowers, I would. B'H the flowers are artificial (due to shemittah) otherwise I wouldn't beable to keep them and enjoy them - both me and my dh suffer from hay-fever allergy.

Tell me about washing curtains?

singleagain

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 7:07 am
I don't really know much... But I imagine if they aren't really heavy curtains they can probably be machine washed. If they are heavier, I'd spot wash them or check for cleaning instructions... Dry cleaning may also be an option

Tell me what kind of blanket you use on your bed

simcha4

Post Mon, Jun 06 2022, 8:18 am
singleagain wrote:
I don't really know much... But I imagine if they aren't really heavy curtains they can probably be machine washed. If they are heavier, I'd spot wash them or check for cleaning instructions... Dry cleaning may also be an option

Tell me what kind of blanket you use on your bed

Still using a quilt. But changed from real feathers to synthetic.

Tell me about what type of mattress you find comfortable? springy? sink in? orthopedic? other?

happytobemom

Post Mon, Jun 06 2022, 11:48 pm
simcha4 wrote:
Still using a quilt. But changed from real feathers to synthetic.

Tell me about what type of mattress you find comfortable? springy? sink in? orthopedic? other?

Extra soft.
At one point as a teenager I was having a very hard time falling asleep. My father bought me a new extra soft mattress for my bed. I don't remember if it helped with the insomnia, but I do know it was super comfortable and I've favored very soft mattresses since then.
(I also remember this as something very heartwarming about my father, how he decided enough was enough with the insomnia, and just went and ordered me the new mattress in a moment's decision!)

Tell me about post-yom tov dishes

Tof Umachol

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 2:38 am
happytobemom wrote:

Tell me about post-yom tov dishes

We finished them yesterday. It was a team effort!

Tell me about a dream you have for the future.

dankbar

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 4:22 pm
Oh do you mean to eat up the leftovers, wash the dishes or cook healthy dishes after yomtov fress?

happytobemom

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 9:37 pm
Tof Umachol wrote:

Tell me about a dream you have for the future.

To awaken and daven before my children get up in the morning.

Tell me about davening as a mother of young children.
Page 96 of 104   Previous  1  2  3 95  96  97 102  103  104  Next Recent Topics