Home

Tell me about... (Game)
  Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 96, 97, 98  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


GLUE




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 2:27 am
happytobemom wrote:
To awaken and daven before my children get up in the morning.

Tell me about davening as a mother of young children.


I did not do a lot of "sidder davening" but, I was and still am doing a lot of talking to Hashem type of davening

Tell me about getting kids up and out of the house in the morning
Back to top

happytobemom




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 11:44 pm
GLUE wrote:
I did not do a lot of "sidder davening" but, I was and still am doing a lot of talking to Hashem type of davening

Tell me about getting kids up and out of the house in the morning

Baruch Hashem my husband is available to help me. Otherwise they'd be late to school every day.

Tell me about camp
Back to top

dankbar




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 1:11 am
My son really wanted to go but they are not opening a class for his age at the end, which I am happy about, because it was not shayich for him to go. This way he is not excluded from his class, he will join them in daycamp here.

Tell me about how to get free daycare or do you keep your toddlers home? Till what age?
Back to top

GLUE




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 1:18 am
dankbar wrote:
My son really wanted to go but they are not opening a class for his age at the end, which I am happy about, because it was not shayich for him to go. This way he is not excluded from his class, he will join them in daycamp here.

Tell me about how to get free daycare or do you keep your toddlers home? Till what age?


I work in a Pre School the only reason why I am still there is because it comes with free childcare and I usually get off when my kids are off, if I am not I just bring them with me.

Tell me how you get your kids to eat supper.
Back to top

dankbar




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 1:26 am
My toddler officially mishes her food & doesn't eat properly.

I dont have vouchers & play group is so expensive.

The school I send to officially start taking from 2.8, but they don't accept first time students to start in daycamp, I was legitimately thinking of working for the daycamp so my dgtr can start & I can be around to supervise her or I will need to run a daycamp for her at home.

Tell me about something I can dress my dgtr up with letter V.
Back to top

happytobemom




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 1:47 am
dankbar wrote:
My toddler officially mishes her food & doesn't eat properly.

I dont have vouchers & play group is so expensive.

The school I send to officially start taking from 2.8, but they don't accept first time students to start in daycamp, I was legitimately thinking of working for the daycamp so my dgtr can start & I can be around to supervise her or I will need to run a daycamp for her at home.

Tell me about something I can dress my dgtr up with letter V.

Hmmm V is a rough one!
Violinist
Vest (not quite dressing up as, but she can wear a vest!)
Vashti
Very... anything!

Tell me about a pen pal you had as a child (Am I dating myself here? Do kids still have pen pals?)
Back to top

dankbar




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 2:02 am
Funny how we were thinking of exact same things.

One year our teacher set us up with another class from different school & assigned pen pals for each girl. Later we met up. It was fun. My pen pal was great at code game puzzles.

Tell me about sleeping
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 4:44 am
Sleep is so important to the human body, you should rather be deprived of food than sleep as a person will die faster if totally deprived of sleep than if totally deprived of food. Also never drive a vehicle when you are majorly sleep deprived, reaction times of sleep deprived are just as bad if not worse than drink driving.


Tell me about your nightly routine
Back to top

dankbar




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 12:23 pm
singleagain wrote:
Sleep is so important to the human body, you should rather be deprived of food than sleep as a person will die faster if totally deprived of sleep than if totally deprived of food. Also never drive a vehicle when you are majorly sleep deprived, reaction times of sleep deprived are just as bad if not worse than drink driving.



Ironically, you are preaching about the importance of sleep at ?4:00? Am. Why are you up?
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 1:55 pm
dankbar wrote:
Ironically, you are preaching about the importance of sleep at ?4:00? Am. Why are you up?


I woke up in the middle of the night after sleeping a couple hours
Back to top

simcha4




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 2:14 pm
singleagain wrote:
Sleep is so important to the human body, you should rather be deprived of food than sleep as a person will die faster if totally deprived of sleep than if totally deprived of food. Also never drive a vehicle when you are majorly sleep deprived, reaction times of sleep deprived are just as bad if not worse than drink driving.



"Singleagain" dear, I appreciate you providing us with important knowledge but let's keep it light and not morbid and scary, esp. for those who suffer from insomnia.
And can we pls. keep statistics out.
Everything is how Hashem Wants it, not what statistics state.
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 2:24 pm
simcha4 wrote:
"Singleagain" dear, I appreciate you providing us with important knowledge but let's keep it light and not morbid and scary, esp. for those who suffer from insomnia.
And can we pls. keep statistics out.
Everything is how Hashem Wants it, not what statistics state.


I had just woken up in the middle of the night. So that's what was on my mind. I do think there is a difference between trying to sleep and being unable to vs purposefully depriving a person of sleep.

In fact, even if you cannot sleep, but do close your eyes and try to keep still your body does get benefits of rest. Even if you never drop off to sleep.

And of course god runs the world. But he does so in a natural and statistical way.

My intention was not to be scary but to impress the importance of doing your best to get rest. And how it's better to rest not pull all nighters.

I'm sorry if my words were the wrong ones.
Back to top

dankbar




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 2:34 pm
Oh my! My question stirred up. All I wanted you to tell me was, get off imamother & go to sleep. Haha! Your info did bring awareness though, so I will try to be better about my sleep iyh.

Personally I found, lack of food is worse for me than lack of sleep.
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 2:41 pm
dankbar wrote:
Oh my! My question stirred up. All I wanted you to tell me was, get off imamother & go to sleep. Haha! Your info did bring awareness though, so I will try to be better about my sleep iyh.

Personally I found, lack of food is worse for me than lack of sleep.


Sorry like I said I was half asleep myself having just woken up after a few hours but there was actually a kid who decided to stay up for over 11 days for science fair project which he won but it was thoroughly documented and it's led to a lot of very interesting information about sleep so these things kind of stick out in my head a bit

I'm sorry next time I will for sure tell you to get off and go to sleep Yes get off and go to sleep you can always come back in in the morning

Also like it's better instead of trying to cram for a test it's better to go to sleep and wake up early and review your brain will retain the information better
Back to top

simcha4




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 3:06 pm
singleagain wrote:
Sorry like I said I was half asleep myself having just woken up after a few hours but there was actually a kid who decided to stay up for over 11 days for science fair project which he won but it was thoroughly documented and it's led to a lot of very interesting information about sleep so these things kind of stick out in my head a bit

Also like it's better instead of trying to cram for a test it's better to go to sleep and wake up early and review your brain will retain the information better


Very true. Wise words. Thank you.

Out of curiousity: that kid who didn't sleep for over 11 days, did he survive the ordeal?

I'm interested, if one sleeps during that day, does one catch up on missing sleep?

Also, I remember learning, the hours up till midnight are the best hours to sleep - one wakes up more rested.

Like the saying goes: 'Early to sleep, early to rise.'
Back to top

dankbar




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 3:07 pm
I think it depends if you are morn person or a night person

This is in response to single again
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 4:46 pm
simcha4 wrote:
Very true. Wise words. Thank you.

Out of curiousity: that kid who didn't sleep for over 11 days, did he survive the ordeal?

I'm interested, if one sleeps during that day, does one catch up on missing sleep?

Also, I remember learning, the hours up till midnight are the best hours to sleep - one wakes up more rested.

Like the saying goes: 'Early to sleep, early to rise.'


Oh yes he did He he actually got insomnia This was like back in like 1960 something in California for a science fair project

Said he actually is an old man he has insomnia and he feels like it's fake kind of laughing at him but whatever I it was just a very interesting article I read

I think it's just real continuous sleep deprivation obviously you can go at least a minimum of 11 days but and then the truth is someone actually broke his record shortly after that but it wasn't by that much longer

I don't know if there's really so much as a thing as catch up on your sleep but definitely resting gives your body a chance to recharge
Back to top

GLUE




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 9:20 pm
In this conversation about sleep, I did not see the next question.

What is the next question?
Back to top

dankbar




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 22 2022, 9:24 pm
The last question was what is your nightly routine?
Back to top

simcha4




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 7:16 am
dankbar wrote:
The last question was what is your nightly routine?


Okay, I'll continue...

My nightly rountine is very often logging into Imamother, due to insomnia.

Tell me about remembering to stay hydrated during the summer heat.
Back to top
  Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 96, 97, 98  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 97 of 98 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games

Related Topics Replies Last Post
A-Z game 1342 Yesterday at 9:50 pm View last post
New game, not a word game 76 Yesterday at 9:37 pm View last post
This is not really a game, more a concept. 0 Sun, Jun 26 2022, 2:11 pm View last post
Yeshivish simple bar mitzvah game
by amother
2 Fri, Jun 24 2022, 6:37 am View last post
Rules for "39 Melachos" card game?
by amother
3 Thu, Jun 23 2022, 2:30 pm View last post