Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Stroller for my last
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 8:14 pm
Surprise - I'm pregnant.
I already gave away everything thinking I was done.
What stroller is a good stroller for everything while still being affordable - I am not planning on having anymore children so it doesn't have to be the best nor the kind that can add a seat later.
What are the affordable options out there?
TIA

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 8:20 pm
It completely depends on how you use a stroller and where you live. Height also matters for comfort. Post more info and we can try to help. Check second hand.

Mommastuff

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 8:25 pm
I have baby stuff to give away. If you're in or near Brooklyn, contact me!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 8:26 pm
Not really sure how I will use it - It will be my first in an OOT community. I am thinking I will not get much use out of it except mainly on shabbos and if I decide to go on an afternoon walk. Meaning I don't think I will be using it for errands. We do like to travel though so possibly in the car for trips to parks etc and possibly on a plane in a year or two.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 8:27 pm
That is so sweet - I am no longer in Brooklyn but really appreciate that!

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 8:37 pm
Bshu Tovia! The bugaboo bee is a good carriage and easy to take along when traveling.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 8:38 pm
I really appreciate good quality strollers with thought out features. So I buy used strollers in excellent condition- whether from someone on the community or on offer up etc. My favorite out of the many I've tried has been UPPAbaby Cruz. I got one in almost perfect condition for $175 and really enjoyed it!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 8:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not really sure how I will use it - It will be my first in an OOT community. I am thinking I will not get much use out of it except mainly on shabbos and if I decide to go on an afternoon walk. Meaning I don't think I will be using it for errands. We do like to travel though so possibly in the car for trips to parks etc and possibly on a plane in a year or two.

If you're out of town and will be driving mostly, I found that an umbrella stroller served me well. I had a better stroller as well for my last kid, but found the lightweight one more convenient.

gande

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 8:52 pm
Mountain buggy nano or the yoyo are very compact strollers great for traveling and wheels well for walks and works for all ages.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 9:18 pm
It sounds like you are a real adult, not a millennial, and you are looking at a stroller from a practical perspective, not as a status symbol or a way to make friends.
You have older children so you know realistically how you used it in the past, not in just a hopes and dreams sort or way. I would go (once they open) to target or buy buy baby and look at the budget friendly (Graco- like) price point.
I cannot see why you would need an uppababy/ bill&ted/mcClaren/.... $800-$2000 stroller.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 9:23 pm
Check out the city mini by baby jogger. It’s a good solid sturdy stroller and it won’t break the bank. You can stick a snugly in to use it for a little baby (no bassinet) with some blankets. They just came out with a new model so you can probably get an old model or floor sample discounted if you look around.

avrahamama

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 9:31 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I really appreciate good quality strollers with thought out features. So I buy used strollers in excellent condition- whether from someone on the community or on offer up etc. My favorite out of the many I've tried has been UPPAbaby Cruz. I got one in almost perfect condition for $175 and really enjoyed it!

I love my city jogger versa. It's old. I love all the baby jogger stuff.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 10:59 pm
With my now youngest I had the city mini. I liked it a lot but wished I had the uppababy at the time. I loved how it looked and how you could change seat to face you.
Now am thinking something with a bassinet might be beneficial to let the newborn sleep in for a few months - Hopefully will be moving into bigger home a few months after baby is born and can wait to put up a crib until then.
Does that make sense to do

Sebastian

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 11:02 pm
I would look into the Cybex or check craigslist.

bshaa tova!

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 11:07 pm
Get a pack n play For $100 instead of an expensive stroller.

I liked my mcclaren for what you’re describing.

avrahamama

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 11:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
With my now youngest I had the city mini. I liked it a lot but wished I had the uppababy at the time. I loved how it looked and how you could change seat to face you.
Now am thinking something with a bassinet might be beneficial to let the newborn sleep in for a few months - Hopefully will be moving into bigger home a few months after baby is born and can wait to put up a crib until then.
Does that make sense to do

I find the bassinet attachments of any stroller system to be quit expensive... But in any case, I prefer to buy strollers secondhand if I can.

The city tour

https://www.babyjogger.com/en-.....r-lux

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 11:19 pm
I am looking to buy second hand. How do I know if an older model is as good as newer. Example I see many 2010-2015 Uppababy Vista on sale for 200.
Is it worth to get an older of these - in good condition or buy a new less expensive stroller

Thanks for all the replies so far!

avrahamama

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 11:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am looking to buy second hand. How do I know if an older model is as good as newer. Example I see many 2010-2015 Uppababy Vista on sale for 200.
Is it worth to get an older of these - in good condition or buy a new less expensive stroller

Thanks for all the replies so far!

You need to compare the features between the models. What's nice about these companies is that they offer great support for their strollers even after so many years.

hello12341

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 1:03 am
you can get a bassinet for the citi mini

two different sizes, one you just click in, one you remove the seat fabric to put it on, but its roomier

https://www.pishposhbaby.com/b......html
https://juvenileplanet.com/bab......html

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 9:01 am
It does depend on you. A fancy travel system uppababy, bugaboo etc where the seat is separate to the frame are usually (expensive) much heavier, larger and harder to fold.
Strollers such as city mini are 1 piece fold, very easy, no frills etc. You can usually get accessories for them-often second hand-things like bassinets are rarely used for very long, so they're usually in very good condition.
What did you used to have? What did you like about it or hate?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics