Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Teeth hurting but not allowed to treat

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 7:44 am
My tooth is really in pain and the surrounding area is too. the dentist said they can't treat. They're not allowed to do fillings now. Gave me antibiotics and painkiller. Nervous I need a root canal...

groovy1224

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 7:48 am
Find another dentist.. Many are seeing patients for emergency treatment. Mine is.

Where are you located? Maybe you can get some recommendations.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 7:48 am
Did u actually go to the dentist? Dh had a toothache and the dentist treated it. He was very careful.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 7:49 am
Dentists are open for emergencies and can/should treat you. Where are you located, perhaps we can recommend someone?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 7:53 am
I called and they said it wasn't an emergency if there wasn't active swelling, broken tooth or fever. I'm in Monsey.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 7:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I called and they said it wasn't an emergency if there wasn't active swelling, broken tooth or fever. I'm in Monsey.

I am also in Monsey. The dentist first said to wait but he was nervous because he was going into Pesach and in general has sensitive teeth. He was told to come in in the end and was treated.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 7:59 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
I am also in Monsey. The dentist first said to wait but he was nervous because he was going into Pesach and in general has sensitive teeth. He was told to come in in the end and was treated.

Which dentist?

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 8:00 am
Find a *good* dentist doing emergency visits. This is an emergency. It's really no t a good idea to ignore tooth pain. It's not worth going to a bad dentist though. Pay out of pocket for a good one and you'll save heartache and money down the road.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 8:06 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Find a *good* dentist doing emergency visits. This is an emergency. It's really no t a good idea to ignore tooth pain. It's not worth going to a bad dentist though. Pay out of pocket for a good one and you'll save heartache and money down the road.

Monsey area recommendation?
Ideally insurance or reasonable price... I'd drive...
thank you!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 8:15 am
My friend actually took a young child to an emergency appointment yesterday at Ezra Medical Center and the doctor said he can lose his license if he treats it. Instead of root canal, he said his only option is to pull the tooth. (Obviously, I understand that the protocol would be different for permanent teeth.) This scared me because my ds6 had two appointments canceled due to coronavirus and the office refuses to let me schedule new appointments for a later time until everything dies down. They are only seeing emergencies. I really hope the teeth with cavities remain stable until we can treat them. Does anyone know of a dentist in Brooklyn that would treat ds now even though he's bh not experiencing pain? I'd consider paying out of pocket.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 8:33 am
Try Dr Abitbol
He doesn’t take insurance though.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 8:36 am
Any recommendations in monsey?

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 8:39 am
Bridge dental. He's an excellent dentist. They are open for emergencies.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 9:06 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Bridge dental. He's an excellent dentist. They are open for emergencies.

Thank you. they said they're not taking any new patients now.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 9:11 am
I use Dr. Gruffi in new city but I doubt anyone is going to take any new patient now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics