Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Three day anti body testing
1  2  Next

momofcuties1

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 1:14 pm
Did anyone hear of this new anti body testing to see if you're immuned to the virus, chai care has it, is it accurate?

Iymnok

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 1:53 pm
Anti bodies does not mean immunity. The test can reveal that your body has deve.oped the specific antibodies to fight this disease, not that it is gone from the body. Hopefully that’s coming.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 2:05 pm
The reason these antibody tests are being done by private organisations rather than government bodies, is that they are not particularly reliable. As soon as there is a reliable and accurate test, every country in the world will be running after it. It will help release lockdown, show which health care workers are safe, etc.

As long as the test is done by a few private bodies, it means that it can give an indication, but cannot be relied on.

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 10:26 pm
I was told by a dr that if my antibodies come back positive I bezras H’ have no issue being around ppl that are contagious

momofcuties1

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 10:58 pm
member wrote:
I was told by a dr that if my antibodies come back positive I bezras H’ have no issue being around ppl that are contagious

That's so interesting I heard that you can still be a carrier

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 11:13 pm
DS#2 took an antibody test yesterday — thousands of tests were administered in Baltimore, New York, and New Jersey to people who have had (or in some cases think they had) Corona because there's a drive to find plasma donors.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 11:14 pm
As per my dr these testing are not fda approved and not reliable

brklin

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 11:23 pm
member wrote:

Time to find a new dr then ...

cla

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 11:34 pm
https://www.statnews.com/2020/.....dont/

lifesagift

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 11:38 pm
momofcuties1 wrote:
That's so interesting I heard that you can still be a carrier

What she means is she can be around ppl who are contagious and not catch it from them. Iow she can still infect others but wont become infected from others

sky

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 11:54 pm
lifesagift wrote:
What she means is she can be around ppl who are contagious and not catch it from them. Iow she can still infect others but wont become infected from others

I spoke to someone in medical field who tested positive for virus and more recently antibodies.
He said he will still be just as careful. He said there is no way to know how long antibodies last. If there are mutations. He felt relying on antibodies was very risky.

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 2:57 am
brklin wrote:
Time to find a new dr then ...

It was actually an urgent care center with a top notch diagnostician who really knows his stuff so......

happyone

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 8:10 am
https://www.biospace.com/artic.....test/

mom of many kih

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 8:46 am
Some are fda approved and some are not.

The drive for plasma done this week the blood is being send to the mayo clinic. It sounds more legit to me then the rapid chinese tests. Those rapid one aren't fda approved.

Ask ur dr outright

applesbananas

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 8:59 am
My father took the test in lkwd on Sunday. It was sent to mayo. Came back tues or wed positive.
It was thru lev rochel bikur cholim

mominwb

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 9:02 am
mom of many kih wrote:
Some are fda approved and some are not.

The drive for plasma done this week the blood is being send to the mayo clinic. It sounds more legit to me then the rapid chinese tests. Those rapid one aren't fda approved.

Ask ur dr outright

None of these tests are fda approved as of now since it takes a few months or years to approve it.. But its all fda recommended.. Lots of reliable labs have these tests.

MinnieMa

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 11:08 am
Does anyone know what it means if the person comes out negative. My husband had low grade fever for a week so assumed he had corona , dr didn’t want to test. Now test from the antibodies came out negative does that mean he didn’t have it? Or could it mean he had it but not enough to donate plasma? Anyone know details.

penguin

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 11:17 am
Quote:
But you do still need precautions. E.g. if you go to store, wash hands well when you come home, leave shoes on front porch if possible.

Because you can still bring home infectious droplets and those can infect other family members.

tweety1

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 11:29 am
MinnieMa wrote:
Does anyone know what it means if the person comes out negative. My husband had low grade fever for a week so assumed he had corona , dr didn’t want to test. Now test from the antibodies came out negative does that mean he didn’t have it? Or could it mean he had it but not enough to donate plasma? Anyone know details.

I would assume so. A family member had to test cuz of work related issues and had the same story. Had a low grade fever for a few days a little week but nothing major and was tested negative.
Eta: apparently it's possible cuz this family member told me of a couple they know very well in the high 60's that were very highly exposed and they both tested negative.

mominwb

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 1:55 pm
MinnieMa wrote:

When a person tests positive, in order to be 100% sure that theyre done w the virus they must test 3 consecutive days neg to be able to say that its gone, since ther are lots of false negatives
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics