Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Anyone else NOT eligible for everyone stimulus & needs it?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 3:09 pm
No bashing please.

Our tax returns are over 200k and we are not eligible for the stimulus. This is gross and we pay a fortune of money in taxes (dh is self employed plus we are in a higher tax bracket). We aren’t left with that much after taxes and with a family of 7 we have lots of expenses. Everyone I speak to seems to be eligible for the stimulus- am I the only one??? Could really use the extra money right now- DH’s income is def lower now...

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 3:22 pm
Definitely. I was shocked to see what our taxable income was. We see maybe half of it, and like you, we have a family of 7. We haven't filed our return yet this year, which I think probably would have helped us tremendously. We pay full tuition, even during Corona, on top of the added expenses living like this has incurred. At the end of the day, I know we will get whatever money is coming to us, so horray for trusting in Hashem Hooray .

Blessing1

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 3:27 pm
I don't think it's fair that all household sizes have the same income limit. $200k for a family of 7 is not alot. After taxes it's really not much for a family that size.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 3:31 pm
We are not eligible at this time because my kids SS#s were used by someone that stole their info and claimed them on a tax return. I have intentionally not filed my 2018 taxes ( as per advice from professional accountants) until this issue is resolved . So because I couldn’t file 2018 yet, I won’t get it. My husband is out of work now and is self employed as well. He will see if he could collect unemployment for his part time job. But we are also a family of 7 and our income is way under $200K and we won’t be getting anything.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 3:31 pm
*hugs*

We make $250k+ (on paper; there are weeks we can't afford groceries even with being super frugal!!!) but were actually eligible for a 5k stimulus check miracles of miracles... did you ask your accountant to be sure??

I'm also self employed. But I hear that legislation may allow us 1099 ers to claim unemployment for the first time EVER so check that too...

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 3:44 pm
If you are already collecting disability, you don't get squat.

If you worked part time, doing odd jobs, you don't get anything unless you filed.

In Israel, you don't get anything unless you can prove that you worked at least 20 hours a week, for the last 16 months, and that you have tax returns.

The poorest, most disadvantaged people get nothing.

tzimip

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 3:47 pm
We also have over 200k on our tax return. We weren't eligible for myself and dh, but we got $ per child. Don't think income is a factor for that.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 3:48 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
*hugs*

We make $250k+ (on paper; there are weeks we can't afford groceries even with being super frugal!!!) but were actually eligible for a 5k stimulus check miracles of miracles... did you ask your accountant to be sure??

Yup. You lose eligibility for the stimulus check after you make $198k. You must’ve gotten it from something else- do you or your husband own a business?

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 4:04 pm
tzimip wrote:
We also have over 200k on our tax return. We weren't eligible for myself and dh, but we got $ per child. Don't think income is a factor for that.

Income is a factor for everything including children, we have just over 200k on our return, family of 6, and got nothing.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 4:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No bashing please.

Our tax returns are over 200k and we are not eligible for the stimulus. This is gross and we pay a fortune of money in taxes (dh is self employed plus we are in a higher tax bracket). We aren’t left with that much after taxes and with a family of 7 we have lots of expenses. Everyone I speak to seems to be eligible for the stimulus- am I the only one??? Could really use the extra money right now- DH’s income is def lower now...

We aren’t eligible either....

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 4:15 pm
Not eligible either and I feel like we are the only ones 🙄

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 4:21 pm
We also didn’t get, we made $198k on the button in 2018. We have zero income right now and are desperate. We deferred payment on everything we could and cut off our health insurance.
The stimulus check could’ve been a game changer for us.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 4:24 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
We also didn’t get, we made $198k on the button in 2018. We have zero income right now and are desperate. We deferred payment on everything we could and cut off our health insurance.
The stimulus check could’ve been a game changer for us.

Oy. That's tough! Can you apply for Medicaid?

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 4:26 pm
Here.

My husband's salary was cut. I'm losing my job.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 4:58 pm
OP if your husband is self employed you are eligible for the PPP loan. If you can find a bank that will take your application its worth applying.

Lovemy5

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 4:59 pm
I’m not sure if I’m eligible as we’re very close to the threshold but if you go on the IRS website you will see that the $198K is for a couple filing jointly, no kids. Each kid, up to age 17 as if the filing year adds $10K to the threshold. So if you have 5 kids under 17, your threshold will be $248K and you may be eligible for the check. The amount varies based on how close you are to the threshold. I didn’t quite understand the formula but you can see it on the IRS site.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 5:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No bashing please.

Welcome to my world. in 2018 both dh and myself worked and earned over 200k which doesn't make us wealthy. we both work insane hours, need help at home in order to work and have additional medical expenses for a chronically I'll child that drains every last cent we own. Both dh and I are not working now and are eligible for nothing. right now I have no income so where is 2018 return giving data as to who needs?
I'm angry at the people that sit home collecting benefits all their life while I work my *** off and get no help when needed. my friends joked that they are earning more now than prior to this crisis.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 6:27 pm
I believe that you will get it if you make under 198K in 2020. They just can't get info on 2020 income yet, so they are using previous years to send people money, assuming that a large percentage of people have similar income from year to year. If you are making no money now and that will bring you under the threshold, you will get the money when you file taxes for the 2020 year. Not sure if that was clear, but basically people are getting an advance on a 2020 tax credit.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 6:49 pm
We earned $200k last year. Now DH is out of work. My part time steady work is the same but my 2nd job, which is contract work has all but dried up.
Thank G-d last year was a good year for us, but now it is biting us in the backside.
Hashem has a plan🤷‍♀️ (just wish I knew what it was).

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 7:08 pm
I feel so badly reading this thread. My DH worked on the stimulus bill. It’s impossible to include all of the potential scenarios especially with rushing to pass these things so quickly. Sometimes things aren’t even across the board. Most people in government are really trying to help. They actually are people!

We won’t be getting the stimulus. I’m emptying my cabinets and freezer. I can’t pay therapy. I have medications waiting at the pharmacy. I’m out of work.

Most people are hurting!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics