Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Lakewood - anyone you know got the virus in the last week?
1  2  Next

UQT

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 9:52 pm
From my perch in hibernation I’m wondering if anyone in Lakewood has caught the virus since pesach was over. The week after Purim , I personally know 25-30 family members who had it (siblings, married nieces and nephews) however now I don’t know anyone who is sick (besides a few that are hospitalized but been sick for a couple of weeks). I feel like maybe it swept through Lakewood and is gone (though I did hear that it swept through the Lakewood Mexican community last week). Since I don’t get out much (who am I kidding I don’t get out at all) I want to know what others think.

jetset123

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 10:09 pm
Yes my neighbhor just got it last shabbos

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 10:32 pm
Well, I’m just getting over it but not completely.
I’m surprised that stores like Walmart and Target are open. There’s no way people won’t get sick if shopping in public places. They are predicting that in another week more people will get sick after being exposed to those of us who are getting better.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 11:48 pm
Yup. A few people. Just because someone didn't get t the first time they were exposed, doesn't mean that they are immune. They can get it at a different time.

Just like someone can get the flu at the end of the season even if they were exposed a few times durthe winter

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 11:50 pm
Yes my mother got it last week. 2 Nd patient in a nursing home in lakewood. I am very scared.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 11:55 pm
Op I feel like you. Also in Lakewood area. We've been quarantined almost 6 weeks.
In the beginning, so many neighbors, friends and family were sick. Some worse than others. I didn't hear of any new cases of people I know.
But I know that I'm just living in a bubble.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 12:20 am
I got it over Pesach. It was so light I was only really sick for one day with some weakness and fishers and a slight cough. I didn’t realize I had I until I spoke with my doctor who said I probably did have it.

But I agree with you, everyone I know got it already a few weeks ago and are bH ok.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 12:25 am
BH I don’t know anyone who had recently. Many before pesach. I heard from someone on hatzalah calls have gone waaay down.
I read somewhere at one point 20 ppl per day were transported to hospitals. Now it’s 3 or less.

(DH and I never had symptoms but many ppl at our large Purim party got sick within 48 hours of purim. I can’t inagine we didn’t catch it. But who knows?)

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 12:36 am
I haven't heard anything from day camps... r there any talks of opening?

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 1:05 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
I haven't heard anything from day camps... r there any talks of opening?

I heard from 2 camps. They just said they really don’t know.

DVOM

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 6:24 am
My cleaning lady (who has not worked by me since Purim) whatsapped me yesterday to tell me that she's tested positive. She's in her sixties and has some health problems, so I'm really concerned about her. She's such a lovely woman and has been so good to me and my kids over the years.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 7:15 am
I just got a positive on Monday. I thought we were all exposed since my husband was sick right after purim. (I'm in Monsey)

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 9:03 am
SuperWify wrote:
I got it over Pesach. It was so light I was only really sick for one day with some weakness and fishers and a slight cough. I didn’t realize I had I until I spoke with my doctor who said I probably did have it.

But I agree with you, everyone I know got it already a few weeks ago and are bH ok.

Guess what? If you had a mild case, there is a good chance that you did not develop antibodies so it doesn't mean that you are done with it. I hope you are, but you still have to be careful.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 9:05 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Guess what? If you had a mild case, there is a good chance that you did not develop antibodies so it doesn't mean that you are done with it. I hope you are, but you still have to be careful.

I’m not even 100% sure I got it so of course I’m careful. Thank you.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 9:10 am
SuperWify wrote:
I’m not even 100% sure I got it so of course I’m careful. Thank you.

Stay well!

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 9:14 am
I’m sure there will continue to be more cases. I really wish there was a way to shop the store apps instead of having to go in in person.

UQT

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 10:05 pm
A week past since I last posted. I daresay the virus has moved on. I asked a Hatzalah member and was told there are no more Covid related hospital admittance this week. The SD is feeling pointless to me. Many people I know tested positive for antibodies - even few who never had symptoms at all. How are we going to be let out of here?!!

Chayalle

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 9:58 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:

Totally untrue.

I was just talking to someone who had themselves tested - this person had one day where she felt a few chills...and she has anti-bodies.

She is in the medical profession, and she told me people could have anti-bodies even if they were asymptomatic.

She also said that we don't really know how long immunity is conferred, if at all....so we still need to social-distance, even if we had it already.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 10:01 am
Chayalle wrote:
Totally untrue.

I was just talking to someone who had themselves tested - this person had one day where she felt a few chills...and she has anti-bodies.

She is in the medical profession, and she told me people could have anti-bodies even if they were asymptomatic.

She also said that we don't really know how long immunity is conferred, if at all....so we still need to social-distance, even if we had it already.

I don't buy the 'no immunity' thing. If there's no immunity then we're looking at the death of society. Bye everyone!

amother
Amber

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 10:05 am
UQT- my mental health has taken a bad turn. Im in lkwd. My very very strict rav has allowed me to go to family for shabbos. I need distractions and I need to get out of my head. So dh and I and our children are moving into a relative. I think the rav agrees its tapering off. We also tested positive for antibodies...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics