Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling
Need ideas please

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 25 2020, 8:29 pm
Iyh I will be homeschooling my will be 6th grade daughter in September. I will be following the states homeschooling requirements for English, but what can I do with her for Hebrew? I would love to do this longer, but the plan is to send her to school for 7th grade. This is just an interim plan while we are between schools.
I don’t want her to lose any skills, so I have to figure our what her grade will be learning, but I also want to take advantage of the free time and have her learn some things that she won’t be learning in school.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 6:03 am
Bumping, cuz I’m sure no one saw this last night.

sub

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 6:06 am
Register to chinuch.org
Look through the elementary grades material.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 6:17 am
You can try Chabad online school

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 8:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Iyh I will be homeschooling my will be 6th grade daughter in September. I will be following the states homeschooling requirements for English, but what can I do with her for Hebrew? I would love to do this longer, but the plan is to send her to school for 7th grade. This is just an interim plan while we are between schools.
I don’t want her to lose any skills, so I have to figure our what her grade will be learning, but I also want to take advantage of the free time and have her learn some things that she won’t be learning in school.

Main Hebrew skills needed are:

Ability to translate Chumash

Ability to read and translate Rashi. Learn the Roshei Teivos.

Also good to learn some Halacho like Hilchos Shobbos.

Also good to learn Beir Tefillah to make davvening more meaningful.

You can study the Parsha from the Little Medrash Says series.

To learn about upcoming Yomim Toving there was an old series called Book of our Heritage - see if it is still available.

You can study Hebrew on Duolingo (free).

Hatzlochah!

avrahamama

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 8:13 pm
Can you consult with the school she will be attending for 7rh grade? Find out what they want their 7tj graders coming with.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 8:37 pm
avrahamama wrote:
Can you consult with the school she will be attending for 7rh grade? Find out what they want their 7tj graders coming with.

Yea, I’m going to do that.
But I also want to know what ELSE I can do with her, like different types of units, either Jewish or not, aside from catching her up on skills. She is slightly behind, so this will be a good way for her to catch up without pressure.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling