Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Please help! Therapist for preschooler, Boro Park

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 11:30 am
Does anyone know of any therapist (LCSW, LMSW, Psychologist, etc.) in Boro Park that services young children and accepts payments through the DOE? (And is doing remote sessions now?) My preschooler is approved for 2x30 of counseling, but I'm having a really difficult time finding a provider, and during this crazy time, those services are crucial! We have tried someone in the past, but it didn't work out. I prefer a female because I am uncomfortable leaving a young child in a room with a guy.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 12:43 pm
Bump

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 5:29 pm
Bumping up again.

cnc

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 5:43 pm
Malky Shaulson accepts RSAs

I don't know whether or not she's doing remote sessions...

Does your insurance cover counseling? You may have an easier time finding a provider that accepts insurance vs RSAs.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 8:33 pm
cnc wrote:
Malky Shaulson accepts RSAs

I don't know whether or not she's doing remote sessions...

Does your insurance cover counseling? You may have an easier time finding a provider that accepts insurance vs RSAs.

Thanks. The clinics in the neighborhood and any provider I found that takes my insurance doesn't see kids this age.
Do you have any personal experience with Malky Shaulson? What about her contact info?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 8:35 pm
Also, where's she located?

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 8:36 pm
Ohel Tikvah clinic sees people that age They have an early childhood program.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 8:41 pm
Try to contact the special ed department from your child’s school. They should be able to help you. The DOE is special for schools.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 8:44 pm
I would say that location shouldn’t stop you, just look for the best that you can get covered. It’s over Zoom anyway and once this is over you can deal with switching providers then.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 9:59 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Try to contact the special ed department from your child’s school. They should be able to help you. The DOE is special for schools.

The special ed department in the school unfortunately doesn't have anyone to recommend, and neither does their mental health consultant.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 10:04 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
I would say that location shouldn’t stop you, just look for the best that you can get covered. It’s over Zoom anyway and once this is over you can deal with switching providers then.

I hear your point, but my child has a lot of attachment and trust issues. In the past it has taken a while to get used to a therapist enough to be comfortable around them. Starting with someone and then switching when this is all over and remote sessions aren't allowed anymore may not be the best thing for my child. If I don't have any other options, it may be better than nothing, but it will be something I'd really need to think about to evaluate whether it will help more than it will add to my child's stress.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 10:06 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Ohel Tikvah clinic sees people that age They have an early childhood program.

Can you tell me more about their program? Is there anyone specific you can recommend?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 10:20 pm
I know Shmelka Klein is top in this field and his daughter is also doing it in a school in Boro park. Not sure what she accepts, but u can try her. If you can get to her your good to go. Never heard of someone better than her.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 10:30 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
I know Shmelka Klein is top in this field and his daughter is also doing it in a school in Boro park. Not sure what she accepts, but u can try her. If you can get to her your good to go. Never heard of someone better than her.

I'm unfamiliar with both of those names. I prefer a female, so can look into the daughter. Do you know her name? Contact information?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 11:29 pm
Hi. Amother saddlebrown, are you able to find out the contact info for the therapist you mentioned?

cnc

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 12:27 am
I’m not that amother , but IIRC Shmelke Klein’s daughter is (Devoiry? ) Fleishman.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 1:39 am
cnc wrote:
I’m not that amother , but IIRC Shmelke Klein’s daughter is (Devoiry? ) Fleishman.

Do you have her contact info? I can't find it when I google it.

greengrapes

Post Mon, Dec 18 2023, 3:39 pm
Anyone would have the number of shmelka klien? Not able to find it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers