Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Very dark kitchen cabinets/counter tops in home

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 6:38 pm
Anyone have any ideas how I can brighten up my kitchen to make it brighter? We are renting this house and the people who originally designed the house chose very dark cabinets and countertops which makes the kitchen always look very dimly lit. I put in LED strip lighting under all the counters and I put in LED daylight 100 watt bulbs in the spotlights as well which didn't even make that big of a difference. It's really bothering me and I don't know what else I can do. I did notice that on Pesach when the counters were covered with the white pesachdik counters, my kitchen seemed so much brighter and I really enjoyed the look until after pesach when I took them off. Any ideas what else I can do with the space to brighten it up?

rachel6543

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 6:50 pm
Apparently there is peel & stick contact paper you can use to cover countertops. Here’s an example of one I found in a lighter color. I’ve never used anything like this before, so no idea about quality, but something you can research more about.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....ction

momof2+?

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 7:03 pm
How about light/bright coloured accents? Like kitchen towels, a nice plant(real or fake,) fruit bowl etc. Is the room actually dark and need extra lighting? Or is it dreary?

silverlining3

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 7:10 pm
White/light shades. And open shades
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics