Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Did Florida's Rabbis lift their ban for non residents
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 4:29 pm
I know a few people jetting off to Florida.
At first I was mad. If you were asked not to go why are you going? Then I kept hearing of more people going and I just heard of 3 more people going off to Florida.
Did Florida lift their ban?
Did the Jewish communities lift their ban and allowing non residents to use their groceries and mikvahs?
Is there something I'm missing?
Thanks

First Lady

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 5:42 pm
I'm also wondering. Someone told me she got tickets for under $25 and is going.
I didn't realize this is all about cheap tickets Scratching Head

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 5:49 pm
last I heard you had to be quaranitend for 14 days if you arrive to floirda
if you travel by car you can be turned away with ny licensce plates

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 5:52 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
last I heard you had to be quaranitend for 14 days if you arrive to floirda
if you travel by car you can be turned away with ny licensce plates

Big deal, rent a car with out-of-state plates. You prob meant driver's license.

Zehava

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 5:53 pm
People are flying in through philly to circumvent the ban

First Lady

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 5:54 pm
The person I know is going by plane from PA.

computergirl

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 5:55 pm
What happens when they need mikva? will they post here asking which florida mikvaos are taking out of staters?

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 6:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know a few people jetting off to Florida.
At first I was mad. If you were asked not to go why are you going? Then I kept hearing of more people going and I just heard of 3 more people going off to Florida.
Did Florida lift their ban?
Did the Jewish communities lift their ban and allowing non residents to use their groceries and mikvahs?
Is there something I'm missing?
Thanks

Planes have people crammed in with little space between them, and use recirculated air. Is that really something you want to risk right now?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 6:22 pm
computergirl wrote:
What happens when they need mikva? will they post here asking which florida mikvaos are taking out of staters?

A lot of beaches are being reopened. So that's what they'll have to do.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 6:24 pm
I know two NY families who are there and a third one planning their trip. I think they believe they "already had Corona so what's the big deal."

What

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 6:49 pm
A friend of mine went. I told her it’s wrong but she decided her and her husband had it already and no longer pose a risk to others. They went by plane, got very cheap tickets. Rented a home where they will stay quarantined. Another friend there will do grocery shopping for them.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 7:25 pm
I know quite a few people that rented and went there but they are renting more long term
Like between a month and 3 months .
Anyway they are shopping by regular groceries not Jewish ones . Mikvah though I’m not sure , maybe they will just go to the Mikvah when they can I don’t think those people are so strict and if they are told they can’t use it they won’t mind

amother
Red

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 7:29 pm
We have an apartment there and may go in a few weeks. We don’t know how things will develop in NY/Florida over the next month so we’re waiting to decide.
If we go, we will follow all of the rules that may apply to us: quarantine, no Mikva, grocery etc.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 7:55 pm
F

Last edited by amother on Mon, Apr 27 2020, 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 7:55 pm
F

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 7:59 pm
I know some people who went. They think because they are rich they don’t have to follow the rules.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 8:04 pm
I know a few people together renting in Orlando. Just FYI at least 50% of frum woman (maybe more) who are before menopause age, dont go to the mikvah monthly. Think pregnant, nursing, b.c. that they dont get their period on.
I mean its hard to say its selfish when anyone in a airport is there knowing full well what they are exposing themselves to. I do think its sends a terrible message, especially to the one with teenagers. And I think these people have very poor coping mechanisms.. but then again- who am I to judge?

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 8:15 pm
I live in Miami and there are definitely people who came recently from the tri state area. What can I say? It's very upsetting. They are not quarantining, I see them walking around 41st and going into stores. It's incredibly selfish and a terrible lack of consideration. We are all hoping so much for a slow return to normal life and really don't want setbacks. And most of all we don't want to be infected by people who assume they are non carriers but in fact have no idea. No part of social distancing includes flying to a different city and making it your home in the midst of a pandemic.

asmileaday

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 8:25 pm
I've been wondering too but didn't feel right to ask about it here. I figured it would just stir up controversy.
But since you brought it up I can say I was wondering about it too. Just in the last few days I saw numerous WhatsApp status of people going to Florida. (Maybe if you're vacation traveling in these times have the brains not to put it on your WhatsApp status?!)

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 8:29 pm
asmileaday wrote:
I've been wondering too but didn't feel right to ask about it here. I figured it would just stir up controversy.
But since you brought it up I can say I was wondering about it too. Just in the last few days I saw numerous WhatsApp status of people going to Florida. (Maybe if you're vacation traveling in these times have the brains not to put it on your WhatsApp status?!)

The opposite. If u dont have the brains not to vacation during a pandemic, you certainly dont know the brains to know not to flaunt it
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics