Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
SEIT- please help!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 4:30 pm
I'm working with a 3 year old over zoom. She's hyperactive and can't sit too long. The only thing I did that she likes is Morah music. Any other ideas????

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 4:50 pm
Sounds like you will need to include some sort of movement/physical activity. Can you do a sing a long with hand motions?

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 4:53 pm
Have the parents involved in engaging her in off-screen activities while you coach.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 5:14 pm
seeker wrote:
Have the parents involved in engaging her in off-screen activities while you coach.

She doesn't have that type of parent...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 5:15 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Sounds like you will need to include some sort of movement/physical activity. Can you do a sing a long with hand motions?

How can I do that for an hour?

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 5:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
She doesn't have that type of parent...

OK then you're in trouble Sad
Can you persuade them to become that type of parent? They really can't park their active 3 year old in front of a screen and expect them to stay there for an hour.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 5:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How can I do that for an hour?

You will need to plan several short activities. That's just an idea for one.

cuties' mom

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 7:12 pm
Do you do screen share? I usually start with youtube videos. I pick a good morning song, and then we take turns picking songs until the kid is fully awake. (I have the opposite problem. Every morning, the kid's mother brings the laptop to the bed where her dd is sleeping, but movement videos should engage a kid, and having the kid pick a song encourages language as you can't see what she is pointing to.) We also use whiteboard a lot, but that's because the kid I work with loves to draw. Lastly, we take advantage of all the free games on the internet (not every session) and do screen share while playing games on pbskids or abcya.

-Sunnygirl

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 7:30 pm
Im with you! it's so hard - things ive tried: puppet show, you draw I draw where we both have paper and crayons and we draw a similar picture, screen share a read aloud story, short video and ask questions based on what happened in the story, guess what I have in my bag, and sing along songs...
Good luck!!

lamplighter

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 7:38 pm
I have a very active preschooler and she can no way sit at a zoom for an hr. Its too long!

Her PT has me doing all kinds of activities while she coaches. Its really stressful TBH.
Her seit does 20 min sessions even though she is mandated for 2 hrs a day.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 9:56 pm
cuties' mom wrote:
Do you do screen share? I usually start with youtube videos. I pick a good morning song, and then we take turns picking songs until the kid is fully awake. (I have the opposite problem. Every morning, the kid's mother brings the laptop to the bed where her dd is sleeping, but movement videos should engage a kid, and having the kid pick a song encourages language as you can't see what she is pointing to.) We also use whiteboard a lot, but that's because the kid I work with loves to draw. Lastly, we take advantage of all the free games on the internet (not every session) and do screen share while playing games on pbskids or abcya.

Sounds like great ideas! But I have a problem because I have a chromebook so I cant give remote access
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics