Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning oil out of dishes and clothes

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 9:27 am
How do I get oil stains out of plastic measuring cups? I use hot water and soap but it still has an oily film.

Also my toddler has oil stains on his new pajamas. How can I pretreat it and have the best chance to get it out?

Smile1234

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 10:13 am
For clothing a good dish soap like dawn/fairy usually works. Apply before making it wet (this rule goes for greasy dishes as well - the soap cuts the grease). Scrub if needed, and then wash as usual in washing machine. Don’t put in dryer till you are sure the stain is out.

silverlining3

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 10:19 am
Palmolive dishsoap for clothing. Just rub it in, maybe let sit for abit, and wash. Worked well for me

Frumme

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 10:34 am
I didn't understand why my MIL kept a trial size bottle of Palmolive soap in her laundry room. Then she got out an oil stain in a favorite shirt that I couldn't get out myself and had been accidentally put through the dryer. I'd been about to give it away!

Grandma's Secret Spot remover also works really well... The small bottle, not the big one. You can get it at any big store, but I like to get it at JoAnns since I can use my coupons on it Wink

As for oily dishes-- if they're wet, allow to dry. Then take a dry paper towel and use it to rub dish soap into the oily dishes. Wash and repeat as needed. This is what I do for very oily items like grill presses and their oil trays, too.

yerushamama

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 11:16 am
baking soda works well on dishes. for clothing, shampoo for oily hair works pretty well
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry