Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
שרף עץ הלבונה for corona. what is this in English?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 9:12 am
They said its good against the virus. What is this in English and where can I get this in NY?

Iymnok

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 9:28 am
Quote:
For those of you that don't understand Hebrew in short this is a letter with an endless amount of testimonies that taking pills of the "levona" tree [known as Boswellia sacra (commonly known as frankincense or olibanum-tree ]
does miracles to cure Corona.
Please let me know if anyone has any more information on the matter

I got this from DH's Rebbi. DH said he’ll look in the pharmacy to see what it is.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 10:20 am
שרף עץ הלבונה is frankincense. שרף means resin. Frankincense is a resin collected from the tree that is named לבונה in Hebrew.

I searched for frankincense and corona-virus, I didn't find any research, but I did find at the Federal Trade Commission website that a number of companies have been warned to stop claiming that their products are effective against corona-virus, including one maker of a frankincense product. I also found New Study Reveals: Temple Incense Ingredient May Help With Coronavirus but the article doesn't contain anything about studies.

Searching in Hebrew, I found this letter sent by a Bnei Brak talmid chacham to Health Minister Litzman, with names of the author and those purportedly helped removed to protect their privacy.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 10:23 am
Oy, another "remedy".

Rest, chicken soup, and acetaminophen. Then get even MORE rest.

Daven, of course, but don't rely on segulas. Hashem can protect you or heal you without the help of unproven theories.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions