Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Do you save baby shoes
1  2  Next

ange

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 10:22 am
I once saw a cute display at someone's (large) house of the grown kids' baby shoes.

I thought it was so cute, and got this crazy idea to save mine for keepsake and playing shoe store. Also, I should mention that this hoarding/clutter tendency does seem to run in the family LOL

Problem is, they are starting to take up a lot of space which we don't have, and I'm just wondering how practical this is. It's only good for playing shoe store for the little one...after all, everyone already outgrew theirs!

Should I just save the first pairs?

What do you do?

madys

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 10:25 am
I have just the first pairs for each kid in it's original box (and the receipt so they can look back on it one day and laugh)

anuta

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 11:25 am
No, I throw them out.
If I were sentimental I would take a picture before, ha ha, it takes less space...

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 11:35 am
My parents saved mine until crazy ages (almost my actual size). Oh well... I suppose I'll do the same for dd, they're so cute!

Marion

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 12:10 pm
I haven't been. Actually, I do have a pair that are size 6-10 WEEKS, but I'm guessing you're talking about actual walking shoes. No, I didn't save DS's first pair, and I don't expect to save them for the next one either.

Atali

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 12:28 pm
I saved them to use as SPARE (not everyday) shoes for my younger child when I can find his shoes and am desperate.

GAMZu

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 3:30 pm
If they're good enough, I save it for the next kid. Usually shabbos shoes are in almost perfect shape. My 2nd uses the ones from my 1st, and once he outgrows them I will still be able to pass it on to #3.

But if they're not nice anymore, I don't save, even for sentiment. I have pics, anyway.

queen

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 6:03 pm
Oh my goodness, I've never heard of saving ALL of a kid's shoes, just the first pair, which I myself have done as well. Have heard from a friend who only keeps one shoe (from the pair) as it takes up less room)

This morning I got a call from a company who offered to bronze the shoes for me.... however at a minimum of $80/pair- I declined Smile

shopaholic

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 8:20 am
I never share shoes between kids (maybe snow boots that are worn a couple of times a season). If I were sentimental enough to save the things like 1st pair, I'd have way too much stuff in my house.

Dini

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 8:26 am
I thought you meant to save the shoes for the next kid when I read the subject title. I never thought of saving the shoe for sentiment but I think that I couldn't throw it out for that reason. I started saving some shoes for the next kid as extra but they take up so much room and last year dh threw out most of them.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 8:33 am
Why are shoes more sentimental than any other garment/clothing?

I also saved them, but thats because I save everything! until I need the space and then I throw it out!

ange

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 10:39 am
Why shoes above anything else - prob. just b/c I saw this cute display elswhere and it made me think that I'de regret throwing them out one day.

I'm about ready to take the plunge...

but like another poster mentioned, I did use one pair as a spare when I didn't have a chance to get the baby winter shoes (her sandals weren't going to cut it through the winter Smile. Unfortunately, that gave me less of a push to get out and get her the new shoes. Now I'm just waiting for her to outgrow the hand-me-down and get her a new pair pesach time.

Unless of course I dig out another old pair... and this is from someone who used to insist on never sharing shoes..it will harm their foor development, etc.
Rolling Eyes

flowerpower

Post Tue, Feb 05 2008, 7:16 pm
I throw em out, they dont look gorgeous after its all worn

silber

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 2:40 am
just bought new shoes for dd and threw her old shoes out cuz of this thread... when I'm going to pesach clean her things, I'm going to throw out all her old shoes, why do I actually need them?

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 2:45 am
I bronzed each of the girls' first pairs of shoes. My mother did it for me and my siblings (and they also have a lock of hair from our first hair cuts) and had them on display and I loved the idea.

b'Ezrat Hashem we'll probably do for the baby when the time comes as well.

mummy-bh

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 2:52 am
I have kept the first pair from each child. Why? I don't really know! I mean, what will I do with them - present them to their spouse the day after the wedding?

maidale

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 8:29 am
I also kept their first pair... No idea why, for the moment it's only 2 pairs so it doesn't take up too much room. It's cute for the moment. Maybe one day I'll still throw them out.

raizy

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 5:22 pm
I save the first pairs of shoes. I like the box and receipt idea.

and yes I am a hourder till peashach comes . then everything in my way goes to the garbage.

Raisin

Post Fri, Feb 08 2008, 3:33 am
Ruchel wrote:
My parents saved mine until crazy ages (almost my actual size). Oh well... I suppose I'll do the same for dd, they're so cute!

You'll save all your dd's shoes?

That will be space consuming if you have more than one or two children!!!! (iy'h)

Ruchel

Post Fri, Feb 08 2008, 5:18 am
true... maybe I'll have to take pics instead LOL
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics