Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
PSA: when calling stores, and the phone rings
1  2  Next

singleagain

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 11:56 am
I understand you are concerned about your online order or you want to know about curbside pick up. Delivery. There's a mistake. It's frustrating and annoying. And no one is happy.

It's not right for the phone to ring and ring and not to be picked up. I agree with that

However, please when the phone does finally get picked up. Be nice to the other person.

I work in the office. When customer service doesn't pick up your phone calls are bounced to me. And I don't know anything about the orders. But you launch into a rant that I can't tell you I can't help you. But give me a chance and I'll tell you what I can do, which is to make sure you will get connected to manager.

But don't yell at me please.

gdgirl

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 12:38 pm
đź‘Ť Im sorry you are on the receiving end of peoples frustration.

singleagain

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 12:39 pm
Thanks. And I want to help. But just don't yell and rant

tweety1

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 12:43 pm
Tnx for bringing to my attention. Sometimes by the time we reach YOU it's after being given the run around. But I'll try to not get frustrated and calm so you too don't get frustrated.

singleagain

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 12:47 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Tnx for bringing to my attention. Sometimes by the time we reach YOU it's after being given the run around. But I'll try to not get frustrated and calm so you too don't get frustrated.

And trust me I understand it's frustrating. But give us a change to say you're not at the right department. It'll also save you from ranting twice

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 1:39 pm
I hang up on ppl who scream at me

twizzlers1

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 2:16 pm
Wow I'm so sorry that sounds so stressful! I really tried to be polite on the phone and now I will continue to try and be even nicer because who knows what the person before me said.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 2:27 pm
I can relate! I used to work a busy company and had many disgruntled customers take it out on me. I’m very mindful of this when I call nowadays to ask about something.

Cheiny

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 2:32 pm
singleagain wrote:
I understand you are concerned about your online order or you want to know about curbside pick up. Delivery. There's a mistake. It's frustrating and annoying. And no one is happy.

It's not right for the phone to ring and ring and not to be picked up. I agree with that

However, please when the phone does finally get picked up. Be nice to the other person.

I work in the office. When customer service doesn't pick up your phone calls are bounced to me. And I don't know anything about the orders. But you launch into a rant that I can't tell you I can't help you. But give me a chance and I'll tell you what I can do, which is to make sure you will get connected to manager.

But don't yell at me please.

You’re so right but I also understand the frustration of the shoppers, having to wait endlessly on hold for someone, anyone, to pick up (your store seems to be one of the few exceptions; most of the stores I’ve tried calling did not pick up at all!) the phone. I’ve had numerous problems with my deliveries, always to the tune of being outrageously overcharged (somehow the mistakes always seem to favor the store, never the customer).

One store I had given an order to many days in advance of the scheduled delivery date, at the last minute sent me an email saying that due to hundreds of ordered they’d received in the past 2 days, they would not in fact be able to deliver my order! This was after I had specifically placed the order many days in advance. It turned out that email was a mistake and I did get the order BH, but imagine the frustration some people go through, not being able to reach anyone on the phone, plus many people are super stressed at this time in general. I agree though there’s never an excuse to scream or get rude...

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 2:33 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I hang up on ppl who scream at me

Yeah, fight fire with fire! Errr...or 2 wrongs don’t make a right?

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 2:48 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:

So, your store delivered frozen items that thawed and cannot be used, and left out the $40 roast. And when I call for a refund, you hang up on me.

Is your employer the only game in town? Because it would be the last time I shopped with you.

tweety1

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 3:05 pm
singleagain wrote:
And trust me I understand it's frustrating. But give us a change to say you're not at the right department. It'll also save you from ranting twice

You're right. But what ppl like you sometimes don't realize is that your the upteenth department that I'm being transferred too. And it's nothing personal to you at all, it's the whl situation "hi is is Gloria speaking how can I help you" and I'm rattling off my issue "I'm sorry you reached the wrong Dept lemme transfer you". After holding for 10 min or 20 or 30 "hi this is yenta speaking how can I help you" and I'm rattling off my issue once again only to be told I reached the wrong Dept once again and being transferred again. And this can go on on abt 6 times. So yea by the time you picked up I'm on the phone for 2 hrs and I'm not getting my issue resolved.

singleagain

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 3:12 pm
tweety1 wrote:
You're right. But what ppl like you sometimes don't realize is that your the upteenth department that I'm being transferred too. And it's nothing personal to you at all, it's the whl situation "hi is is Gloria speaking how can I help you" and I'm rattling off my issue "I'm sorry you reached the wrong Dept lemme transfer you". After holding for 10 min or 20 or 30 "hi this is yenta speaking how can I help you" and I'm rattling off my issue once again only to be told I reached the wrong Dept once again and being transferred again. And this can go on on abt 6 times. So yea by the time you picked up I'm on the phone for 2 hrs and I'm not getting my issue resolved.

I actually really do understand. This has been a problem the entire time I've been at my job. . But it still doesn't help you to tell me a whole story only for me to tell you you're again reached the wrong department.

I actually did take to answering the one with "hello, bookkeeper" but when you do tell me a all about your problem and I can't do anything, it makes me want to not pick up the phone

singleagain

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 3:16 pm
Also. Yelling at me won't accomplish anything. It just stresses me out and then I will stop answering, and the phone with ring and ring.

My point is. Please be polite and maybe check who you are talking with before you launch into the story

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 3:46 pm
singleagain wrote:
Also. Yelling at me won't accomplish anything. It just stresses me out and then I will stop answering, and the phone with ring and ring.

My point is. Please be polite and maybe check who you are talking with before you launch into the story

Maybe when you pick up say "You've reached the billing/accounts payable department, how may I help you?" So people know that they're not in the right department.

singleagain

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 3:49 pm
I have answered with bookkeeper recently. It has helped.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 3:53 pm
What gets me is when the company (healthcare provider in my case) is rude to me and expect me to know things that I have no way of knowing. Your voicemail states your hours. The shutdown where I live has been for 6 weeks. The voicemail is wrong. How long does it take to change it and say "due to Covid 19 we are working remotely and are now having different hours. If you reach this recording, please leave a voicemail with a call back number and we will call you back within 2 business days"???
Then when I state I have been trying to call during your business hours based off your voicemail, get a voicemail and then call back at a different time I get a nasty lady saying "well it's different now". My response of "can you tell the manager how confusing it is" was met with anger.
This is all because they made a mistake and billed me an extra $500+. They billed my insurance wrong and my insurance agrees. I caught the error and have been trying to resolve it. No apologies from them about that either.
Sorry, I won't be super nice (just regular politeness) if you can't have basic human decency. Apologize for the mistake and the confusing times etc. and then at least try to explain and correct the issue!

singleagain

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 4:08 pm
I hear that too. And I'm not talking about when they are nasty too. Sometimes you do need a bit of standing up for yourself . I just meant don't start off ranting.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 4:10 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:

The customer is NOT always right.

DrMom

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 3:12 am
Of course customers should not yell at you.

OTOH, if you are receiving many calls from frustrated customers, you should escalate the issue to your management to et them know there is a problem with their customer service systems and processes.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette