Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
How to celebrate

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 1:49 am
Need idea for my sons 16th birthday comin up. He loves attantion and a big deal . Im drained and not up to even make anything big but I wanna make him happy and something he should remember. especially I feel to hit 16 birthday is something special . I cant believe my son is turning 16 kh . I feel he deserves something really special and im breaking my head thinking of something unique to make . He loves action and creativity.
Any ideas are welcome.

DVOM

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 5:24 am
Big and special while in quarentine is hard!

The best I could come up with for my own son's birthday was to decorate the house, buy a cake, have a Zoom party with his cousins, and prepare peckalach that we set up in a table in the driveway for his classmates to pick up. When each classmate came they honked and all my boys dashed outside to wave to his friend. It made it a really fun day!

Maybe in addition you could get takeout from your son's favorite restaurant?

Happy birthday!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 6:30 am
If you're not up for cooking fancy stuff, order it catered and deal with the extra cost if you can afford it. Get all of his favorites.

If he loves projects, you can get him a model to build, a 1,000 piece puzzle, or things like that. There are craft stores that deliver now (it's a huge business!)

I love DVOM's idea of having his friends drive by and pick up party packages. If you have a front lawn or large driveway, you could schedule it so that each boy could hang out and visit for a few minutes. Set up lawn chairs 6 to 8 feet apart, and a little side table with lemonade and treats.

If you allow screen time, let him pick out a movie you could all watch together in the evening, and make popcorn.

SuperWify

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 8:04 am
Invite all his friends to drive bye for a drive through bbq.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children