Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
So Many boxes!!!!!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 12:17 pm
I am drowning in boxes! Grocery orders, online orders...it's crazy how many boxes are coming to our houses now. I hate to just send them to recycling to be smushed down again - they are good strong boxes! The grocery stores don't want them back - and those are super awesome boxes with handles - the kind you want to save in your garage for when you need them. (I have no garage. Confused )Chesed organizations don't want them either - people don't want stuff from anybody else's house right now. Any ideas what to do with them?

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 12:20 pm
I use them for crafts. One day we made an elaborate winding tunnel. Another day we made 2 into school busses ill post links

https://www.google.com/search?.....wnYM:

http://krokotak.com/2015/08/di.....-car/

Rappel

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 12:27 pm
Houses! Doll houses, cars, Dr's offices, restaurants, cities! Cardboard boxes are lovely for imaginary play! Smile

They also make excellent sleds if you have very smooth floors - the kids just run while pushing the box and then jump in. They can play "Husky Dog" and pull each other along. They can pair off and make competitive go carts. (The obligatory ensuing smash wars are gentle in the kids, since the cardboard takes all the force.)

Or, you can just cut the tape, lay the boxes flat, and store them in your clutter closet until you need them.

SingALong

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 1:11 pm
In my community ppl put out a notice in the weekly circular that they’re giving away moving boxes for free. Many ppl take advantage of being able to save on moving expenses. Maybe you can try that?
My recycling bins have also been overflowing the last few weeks! Some boxes I save for my kids to play with. One they drew a train, another became a giant dice.

zaq

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 1:55 pm
If you do collect boxes, please, please "break them down", I.e. fold them up, cutting the tape if need be, and use something like a heavy weight or a rope or belt to hold them together tightly. The tighter your pile and the fewer air spaces in it, the less of a fire hazard it presents. A helter-skelter pile of set-up empty boxes is not only messy and a space-stealer but a major fire hazard.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 1:57 pm
Flattened and cut in half, they make good puzzle boards.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics