Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Corona induced anxiety

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 1:39 pm
I have never been diagnosed with (or even really experienced) anxiety.

However, ever since schools have been canceled and quarantine started, I feel like a have a constant low grade (sometimes not low grade) anxiety about how my kids are doing without school (are they falling behind? Am I doing enough to facilitate their education?) as well as my mothering skills (did I spend enough time being “present” with them and not reading the latest news on my phone? Am I giving them too much screen time?) Unfortunately, the responses in my head to all those questions is always negative and I spend the day worrying and feeling bad about myself ...

Aside from the obvious (putting away my phone and teaching them all day), is there something else I should be doing? Should I actually be addressing this anxiety (which I truly believe I have and which is impacting me very negatively) even though it seems “situational” and/or temporary? I am in my thirties, can anxiety even develop so late in life?

Regardless... I’m miserable and worried for all or most of the day and would love to get advice on how to deal with it.

TIA
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics