Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
New COVID Cases In Brooklyn
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 7:51 pm
I’m very curious if anyone knows anyone personally in Brooklyn
who was diagnosed with Corona in the past week? Wonder if we possibly reached herd immunity yet??

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 8:48 pm
So I guess noone is aware of new cases in Brooklyn??

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 8:52 pm
I work in a medical office. There are new cases all the time.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 9:22 pm
Hatzola says they haven't had new cases. Boruch Hashem. There are people testing themselves and seem to have Covid without symptoms. Could those be the new cases?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 9:27 pm
That’s why I want to hear if anyone knows anyone personally in Brooklyn who got sick recently. Cuz I haven’t heard of any and have lots of family and friends here.

realb

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 9:41 pm
Was wondering the same! Seems like everyone I know caught it between Purim and pesach .... haven't heard anything since.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 9:41 pm
Look at the Dept of healths website you can get the data by county or by zip code.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 9:47 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Look at the Dept of healths website you can get the data by county or by zip code.

Tried unsuccessfully. Do you have a link?

amother
Navy

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 9:50 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Hatzola says they haven't had new cases. Boruch Hashem. There are people testing themselves and seem to have Covid without symptoms. Could those be the new cases?
Maybe people stopped calling Hatzolah because they weren't taking people to the hospital. Two family members of mine were convinced by them that it wasn't worth going and guess what? Both ended up at the hospital on high flow oxygen, one of them for weeks.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 10:02 pm
I feel like the early cases were much more severe. Are Hospitalizations Going down?
Do you know anyone that was admitted to the hospital after pesach?

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 10:06 pm
there are introverted imas here who are hyperventilating at the thought of going back to work... can you please stop posting these depressing theories? Cant we hold on to this covid world a bit longer? /s/

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 10:16 pm
There were hundreds of new cases in Brooklyn last week, and new hospitalizations as well.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 10:17 pm
Ok blonde I’m happy for you. We got some grim news finally...

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 10:20 pm
Don't know anyone sick, but I hear hatzalah sirens almost as often as before

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 10:26 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
There were hundreds of new cases in Brooklyn last week, and new hospitalizations as well.

Brooklyn is large and home to many. I did hear that the cases have bH trickled off, and I hope the Jewish communities like Williamsburg and boro park have herd immunity despite the chagrin of other posters . The fact that it exploded much sooner and faster than other communities, (chances are high that basically everyone has been exposed by purim, I know I have) may back that theory. However.. I really dont think you can convince the political powers, they may have a conflict of interest here...

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 10:50 pm
Many people are getting tested for antibodies. When being tested the urgent care is giving a Covid test too. In many cases I know BOTH tests are coming back postive. According to my doctor dead corona cells take a long time to shed and if you get a positive on the anti bodies you should be ok (let’s be honest no one know anything ). However since those people are also testing postive for corona they are being considered a new case. Hence the rise in numbers.

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 10:51 pm
Dr Rosen posted on collive.com that cases in Crown Heights were now BH rare and sporadic but he wouldn't give people my age permission to go grocery shopping if they have never had the infection.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 11:08 pm
Wow. Guess it’s safe to assume we already have herd immunity. According to most shitos... but of course everybody shud ask their LOR. Laugh

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 12:17 am
On April 23, the NY NBC affiliate reported that Brooklyn had passed Queens to be the deadliest county in the US for Covid. Others still placed it second.

It’s not reasonable to believe that a scant 2 weeks later, Brooklyn is now as safe as rural North Dakota, with no new cases.

And yes, I know that Brooklyn is in Kings County. Just saying what the report says.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 12:39 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
On April 23, the NY NBC affiliate reported that Brooklyn had passed Queens to be the deadliest county in the US for Covid. Others still placed it second.

It’s not reasonable to believe that a scant 2 weeks later, Brooklyn is now as safe as rural North Dakota, with no new cases.

And yes, I know that Brooklyn is in Kings County. Just saying what the report says.

It was the deadliest state bec the hospitals killed people so many people that didn’t need to die died.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics