Home

Hug button= DISLIKE
1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Technology and Devices -> Social Media

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 11:34 pm
There, I said it!
I use the hug button to dislike people's comments..
And lately, I have been disliking a lot! There's always arguments on imamother..
So if you get a hug button on a post you don't need emotional support on, I disliked what you wrote.

amother

Magenta

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 11:35 pm
I will hug your post now.

giselle

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 11:36 pm
I guess at least you admit it?

Honestly I think it’s very immature and passive aggressive.

There, I said it!

(Waiting for my hug!)

amother

OP

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 11:38 pm
Haha! Thanks for disliking my post! At least we're honest

youngishbear

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 11:41 pm
I thought you loved what I wrote.

Oh, well.

I still choose to think someone else was the anonymous hugger, and they obviously loved my post so much that liking it was not enough.

tigerwife

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 11:42 pm
Most people perceive it as commiseration, so your dislike is being interpreted as agreement. Does that bother you? Or is the tap on the icon satisfying enough?

amother

Magenta

I think there should be an actual dislike button. But dislikes shouldn't be visible to regular users. It should be just a placebo, maybe visible to the mods.

giselle

youngishbear wrote:
I thought you loved what I wrote.

Oh, well.

I still choose to think someone else was the anonymous hugger, and they obviously loved my post so much that liking it was not enough.

Ok youngishbear, I hugged your post because I absolutely LOVED what your wrote and thought it was amaaazing! Hug

amother

Red

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 11:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
There, I said it!
And lately, I have been disliking a lot! There's always arguments on imamother..
So if you get a hug button on a post you don't need emotional support on, I disliked what you wrote.

Why the need to be passive aggressive instead of saying outright that you don't like what they said?
Maybe we should add a "dislike" button.
Seems more honest.

youngishbear

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 11:43 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
I think there should be an actual dislike button. But dislikes shouldn't be visible to regular users. It should be just a placebo, maybe visible to the mods.

LOL

I love it.

Sort of like the Walk button. Or the elevator close-door button.

Brilliant.

youngishbear

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 11:44 pm
giselle wrote:
Ok youngishbear, I hugged your post because I absolutely LOVED what your wrote and thought it was amaaazing! Hug

Together we can #TakeBackTheHugButton

amother

Magenta

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 11:45 pm
I think maybe it would be best if the hug and like buttons were merged.

flowerpower

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 11:59 pm
This quarantine is doing a number on some Ima posters.... open the window. Get some fresh air. Eat some ice cream.

singleagain

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 12:42 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
I think maybe it would be best if the hug and like buttons were merged.

I think the two buttons were added bc you'd get three pages of replies sometimes quoting the op and the only thing it would say was "hug" or "like" and if OP was looking for advice, she'd think "wow, lots of good help" only to see the same "hug/like" over and over... It's disheartening.

Also sometimes, I was to hug done who is going through something difficult, I don't want to like it, bc that's weird. And vice versa, just bc I like something, doesn't mean I love it

amother

Magenta

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 12:55 am
Maybe there can be a different button that can carry either meaning.

amother

Azure

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 1:14 am
I know there are posters who want Yael to get rid of the hug button because of posters like OP. I just want to say that when you're going through something difficult that you cant share with the world, and you post here and get close to 200 hugs, theres nothing like it.

My family and friends love me and care about me and hurt for me when I'm hurting, and I love them for it. But to know that there are so many people who care even though that dont know me, that really touches me.

So OP, I want you to know that every time there is a post asking to take away the hug button because of posters like you, you are potentially hurting someone like me, who's dealing with a lot right now and who can really use those hugs.

amother

Magenta

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 1:16 am
Maybe there could be some way to make it possible to turn the button on and off on a thread or post.

Debbie

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 5:29 am
I only use the hug button when I either love a post or I think that the poster might need/want a hug.
I like to think that other posters do the same for my posts.

imasoftov

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 5:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
There, I said it!

But how would they know the hug is from you?

amother

Jade

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 6:06 am
I was getting the sense that many posters were doing this as a sort of "inside joke," as it was mentioned on another thread recently (can't remember which one).

I think this behavior is really awful, sarcastic, and trollish. It is totally the kind of thing you would expect to happen on Facebook or non-Jewish forums, but not here.

It is really sad when someone posts and looks for a little sympathy, people are secretly ridiculing them with hugs. When I give a hug, I really mean it.

Here is a statement by Yael about using the hug button to dislike- https://www.imamother.com/foru.....88255

Also, there have been several threads by (dare I say the same person) about using hug to dislike that always start the same way-"There, I said it!
I use the hug button to dislike people's comments!"

Can we all say it together - troll!
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Technology and Devices -> Social Media