Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Daughters of Destiny

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 10:08 am
Really opened up my eyes to the value of giving children responsibility (the responsibility of doing well in school and bringing their family out of poverty). This is diametrical to the way we raise pur kids in America, At least the way I raise my kids. Thoughts?

sequoia

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 10:44 am
But it’s also heartbreaking that the only way to give them and their families a decent life is to remove them from home at four [!!!]. That’s way too young to be in a boarding school, yet that’s the system Dr George has set up and it seems to work.

Another thought that occurred to me as I was watching is that they are still in danger of abuse and s-xual assault when they go home for vacations. Remember when one of the teachers said at the beginning of term, “if something happened at home that is not proper, you come and talk to us.”

It’s an inspiring documentary, what one philanthropist can do, but it’s also really sad that there’s no way for these girls to be safe and educated at home.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 1:19 pm
The big focus was on the poverty. I also was worried if there was abuse...it really hit home for me how spoiled we really are. But I was so impressed you could raise kids that way...yes, it's very sad too...but they all seemed to feel they were lucky. Their life at home was way worse.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics