Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Cleaning shortcuts

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 12:37 pm
I don’t manage very well without cleaning help, but haven’t had my cleaning lady in weeks, so looking for all the shortcuts that are out there! I use the disposable toilet brushes and I just bought a robot mop. Besides a robot vacuum, which I don’t want to spend on right now, which other products help make cleaning easier? Please share all your tips 🙏🏻

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 1:01 pm
Put plastic tablecloths down on your counter (wet them a drop so they'll stick) before you start cooking, and then just pull off and discard. Also use disposable dishes and a disposable plastic tablecloth for every meal, then just wrap up and you have a perfectly clean table.

Prefer baking to stovetop cooking, line pans with heavy duty foil or use disposable pans.

Baby wipes work great for quick cleanups, keep them handy to wipe up spills, splashes and splatters. They also do a great job in the bathroom. Keep a package in there and whenever you go to the bathroom try to use one or two. When bathing kids is also a great time to do some bathroom wipe-downs.

For pots and other dishes you can't avoid, fill a sink or basin with warm soapy water and deposit items in there immediately to soak. Makes washing dishes much faster.

Separate laundry baskets for each person in the house - do one person's load at a time. Yes it's more small loads of laundry, but no sorting, so it's faster and easier overall! (I wash everything on cold or warm, don't separate whites and darks, and it's all fine.)

Labels on toy boxes. Makes it easier for kids to clean up.

Kids can be taught to vacuum and they often enjoy it. Consider getting a dust buster or other battery powered handheld vacuum for small jobs. (Not so expensive.) Kids also like washing windows (watered down windex or vinegar and paper towels or microfiber cloths) although they don't do a perfect job.

Chayalle

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 1:04 pm
Some kids will enjoy washing your floor for you if you have a fun mop. I have an O-Cedar and it's like using a water gun.

I use method wipes to wipe down the bathroom. Lots cheaper than the cleaning lady and works great. I like the grapefruit or the lavender.

Each kid has to vacuum their own room before Shabbos.

Wipes work to wipe down counters and stove.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 1:52 pm
enneamom wrote:
So many threads!

No-cleaning-help Hacks

Life hacks you actually use

Tips on maintaining a clean home - please!

Please share your best tips/tricks for staying organized

Tips & tricks in the household

Tips -- cleaning,laundry,storage etc..

Need Organizing Tips!

Oh wow thanks! Hard to keep up with all the threads here these days...
Thanks everyone for the great tips!

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:16 pm
Batch cooking. Do it. The time you would spend every other day cooking or on dishes you can use for cleaning. Helps with budgeting and food waste too.

mha3484

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:25 pm
My ultimate hack for my stone kitchen floor is this:

I boil up water in the tea kettle. I carefully pour hot water over any really gross stuck on spots and then with shower towels and my feet I wipe it off. I get a workout and its way easier then a mop.

mha3484

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 2:27 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Batch cooking. Do it. The time you would spend every other day cooking or on dishes you can use for cleaning. Helps with budgeting and food waste too.

This helps me a lot. I do this every week and it reduces my stress tremendously.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics