Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Neil Ferguson steps down because he broke his own SD rules
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 3:40 pm
https://www.theguardian.com/wo.....50000

The Imperial College Scientist who predicted 2.2 million American deaths steps down from the British SAGE council of scientists advising the government coronavirus response because he allowed his married girlfriend to visit him in his home even though she lives in a different house with her husband and kids.

People keep saying we should listen to the experts. But I'm sick and tired of listening to people to whom the rules clearly don't apply.
Lori Lightfoot, the mayor of Chicago, getting a haircut during quarantine because she's the public face of Chicago.
Chris Cuomo leaving his home even though he was diagnosed positive.

If the experts think its safe enough that they are having people visit them, then I'm pretty confident that I can go back to work and start living my life again.
Really sick and tired of this "we're all in it together". We're very clearly not.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 3:43 pm
But that's why he had to resign! He broke the rules. And just because he did it doesn't mean it is safe.

amother
Ruby

There was a Texas mayor that violated her own order recently. We are all human even if science says we should hibernate.

amother
OP

amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
But that's why he had to resign! He broke the rules.

Okay but if he's not so scared of Covid that he lets people into his house, why should I be?

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 3:45 pm
People are stupid. They take risks...

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 3:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Okay but if he's not so scared of Covid that he lets people into his house, why should I be?

your basically asking if someone commits a crime why cant I? seriously. u shoud do the right thing. regardless what some idiot of a guy is doing. and anyway, we are jews we are held on a higher standard. I keep seeing jews being singled out for not obeying. its a chilul hashem. besides you want to do the right thing so you are a person with values that mean we dont do the wrong even though others do.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 3:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It was his girlfriend not people.

Elfrida

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 3:55 pm
He resigned. I respect his integrity, if not his behaviour.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 3:56 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:

And its my sister-in-law or my nanny or my aunt, not people. Whats the difference?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 3:57 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
your basically asking if someone commits a crime why cant I? seriously. u shoud do the right thing. regardless what some idiot of a guy is doing. and anyway, we are jews we are held on a higher standard. I keep seeing jews being singled out for not obeying. its a chilul hashem. besides you want to do the right thing so you are a person with values that mean we dont do the wrong even though others do.

He's not "some idiot of a guy". He's the guy that convinced our government to destroy our economy and way of life by going into an extended lockdown. And now he's not listening to his own rules.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 4:11 pm
Is this because he couldn't keep the visits private? Forgive me, this is much more disconcerting, though it all seems to be of a piece with his inconsistency in life.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 4:16 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
People are stupid. They take risks...

He’s not stupid. He’s corrupt or a hypocrite at best. And if he’s stupid, why does anyone take his opinion seriously?

asmileaday

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 4:30 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:

Op said "married girlfriend that lives in another house with her husband and kids". What's that supposed to mean? Was she cheating?

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 4:33 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:

And that makes it ok? Especially a married girlfriend?

yiddishmom

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 4:35 pm
I don't think it's stupid to question.

Don't you think that the big experts and higher-ups who are getting first hands reports and seeing the real devastation and true extend of this big crisis, that they would truly be afraid?

If the scare was as scary as they make it to be, don't you think they would be hiding in their homes?

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 5:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And its my sister-in-law or my nanny or my aunt, not people. Whats the difference?

Huge difference in a SIL and an intimate relationship. Do you not see your DH as different from your cleaning help?

This has nothing to do with morality of cheating. He can have different values than we do. PM Boris Johnson has a live in young girlfriend. They just welcomed a baby together.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 5:35 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Huge difference in a SIL and an intimate relationship. Do you not see your DH as different from your cleaning help?

This has nothing to do with morality of cheating. He can have different values than we do. PM Boris Johnson has a live in young girlfriend. They just welcomed a baby together.

Omg really? The difference is my DH LIVES IN MY HOUSE. His girlfriend DOES NOT. It has nothing to do with morality or intimacy. I have no problems with his morality. It has to do with the fact that he had someone WHOM HE DOES NOT LIVE WITH come over. Exactly what hes telling everyone else not to do.
Do you really not see the difference?

GetReal

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 5:57 pm
He also had corona and recovered already.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 6:10 pm
GetReal wrote:

So is it ok for recovered victims to go mingle? Because id really like to know that asap, it's a whole different story!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 6:38 pm
GetReal wrote:

So then I guess this ends the debate about immunity. If Britains top scientist believed he had immunity, then I'm not sure why there's a debate about whether there is immunity or not.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics