Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Atlanta open now?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 6:01 pm
I am thinking about moving to Atlanta and was planning on checking out the community this summer before the whole Corona thing happened. Does anyone live there now and know if things will be opening up soon?, like were there any announcements that only people that live there know.

I would love to go to the shuls and also tour a little with my kids.Are the hotels and tourist attractions open? , aquarium,coca cola factories open?

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 6:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am thinking about moving to Atlanta and was planning on checking out the community this summer before the whole Corona thing happened. Does anyone live there now and know if things will be opening up soon?, like were there any announcements that only people that live there know.

I would love to go to the shuls and also tour a little with my kids.Are the hotels and tourist attractions open? , aquarium,coca cola factories open?

My parents live there. The malls are open. The shuls are not although there is talk of opening them soon. Some hotels are open. I dont believe any of the big attractions (coke factory aquarium etc. are open)

amother
Copper

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 6:58 pm
Wait a few weeks. Things are just starting to open up. No one is having visitors yet.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 20 2020, 10:44 pm
Planing on going there in August- does anyone know if the shuls opened up?

amother
Mustard

Post Sat, Jun 20 2020, 11:07 pm
The Shuls are open on a reasonably limited basis. Probably best to call up the Shul that you are interested in directly and they will advise you what to do.

doctorima

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 6:38 pm
Many out-of-town shuls are open, but only to locals. Even if you agree to wear a mask and abide by SD, many of them don't want out-of-towners taking part unless you've already quarantined there for 14 days. We found this out on a long road trip last week, where the few shuls that were open in communities we visited were not open to visitors. A lot can change between now and August though.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 10:58 am
so curious, where did you go and what was open?
I am planning on doing a long road trip in August and wondering if you went the same route. Was it a problem with rest stops?
thanks for your response!

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 11:00 am
If someone is in Atlanta on business can they daven in the local big shuls?

doctorima

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 11:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
so curious, where did you go and what was open?
I am planning on doing a long road trip in August and wondering if you went the same route. Was it a problem with rest stops?
thanks for your response!

We had no issues with rest stops whatsoever. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss your itinerary and/or mine in more detail.

doctorima

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 11:38 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
If someone is in Atlanta on business can they daven in the local big shuls?

I would recommend contacting the shul in advance with your individual details. Do not take anything for granted, and do not just show up there and possibly put the shul and/or the visiting businessman in an uncomfortable situation. Many OOT communities were B"H spared the intensity of the initial first wave that NY/NJ experienced, and they are being extremely strict to try to protect themselves going forward.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating