Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
BJBP food distribution
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Jade

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 7:49 pm
Thank you for all your hard work! Everything was great, the kids love seeing what’s inside.
We really really appreciate it!

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 8:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And might I add thank you to all those who worked hard on putting together the delivery routes and sending out the messages.
We are so happy parents do not have to shlep to school for pickup.

Yes! This was the biggest help of all. I don’t usually use transportation. It was a huge help that they added me onto a route . It would be impossible for me to pick it up .

You can tell that a lot of thought went into the whole setup . all parents that I spoke to were so appreciative.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 8:51 pm
Any chance that you'll expand to children from other schools? Pretty please!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 9:06 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Any chance that you'll expand to children from other schools? Pretty please!

I know they did, but at this point the bus routes are overloaded. If ( ill try to find out tomorrow and come back here to answer) they add non bais yaakov parents, it would only be pickup, no deliveries.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 9:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know they did, but at this point the bus routes are overloaded. If ( ill try to find out tomorrow and come back here to answer) they add non bais yaakov parents, it would only be pickup, no deliveries.

Who puts all the boxes together ? It must be so much work!

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 1:55 am
I’m so impressed with gbe fresh produce and food choices. So delicious and appreciated!

And who thought of the bus route idea? I think it’s genius.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 2:03 am
The board of transportation is paying over five
Million dollars for the bussing even though there is no school So at least the busses are delivering lunches because they are getting paid. Or maybe that’s why they are getting paid because they are delivering the lunches.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 4:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ouysh, I’m so sorry you did not get pizza bagels. We did have more people registering, perhaps they ran out or perhaps just a misshap.

Yeah it's alright. I didn't really care cuz I was grateful for the food I got but the fam saw it on the menu and was asking for it.
Also, more suggestions would be cream cheese or peanut butter for the bread.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 4:48 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Yeah it's alright. I didn't really care cuz I was grateful for the food I got but the fam saw it on the menu and was asking for it.
Also, more suggestions would be cream cheese or peanut butter for the bread.

Peanut butter is a a nono
They are working on the next delivery and all items have to have approval. There are foods they cannot send.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 5:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Peanut butter is a a nono
They are working on the next delivery and all items have to have approval. There are foods they cannot send.

Yeah I was actually thinking if you'll need to do a different nut butter now that many schools are peanut free; I just forgot to write it in my reply.
Anyway, thank you.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:20 pm
Is this for the public?
How do I sign up?

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:56 pm
Thanks for all the hard work! It’s most appreciated

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 6:55 am
Thanks so much. Im so grateful its a lifesaver... and so nice for delivery you all shall be gebentched!!.
For my family the only thing that doesn't go is fish sticks they say they have plenty in school....
Cream cheese and yogurt would be cool.
I didn't get sliced cheese..that would be nice.
Fresh produce is super exciting for my family any shape or size. This weeks kirbies is tastier than last weeks cucumbers. But im soooooo grateful saving me on groceries. Since im out of my job.
Thank you Hashem and the staff of Bais Yakov bp

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 7:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

By overloaded, do you mean they can't take on additional stops? What if other schools' parents can pick up from the existing BYBP stops? Would that be an option?
Whoever came up with this idea is a genius! I watched a video of people packaging the boxes - unbelievable! Kol hakavod!

amother
Teal

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 4:19 pm
Anyone know if they are delivering this Tuesday, Lag Baomer. They are not having class sessions so just wondering if their drivers are working on Lag Baomer.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 8:59 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Anyone know if they are delivering this Tuesday, Lag Baomer. They are not having class sessions so just wondering if their drivers are working on Lag Baomer.

Yes there will Be delivery on Tuesday.

Not everyone got slice cheese, there wasn't enough fish sticks so they gave slice cheese instead.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 9:09 am
Pizza bagels were a huge treat for us and my kids love love them.
Heres some things wed love
Yogurts would be gr8
Lebens
String cheese
Mozerella cheese
Pastry of some sort theyd love
Lettuce
First wks cucumbers werent gr8
Chocolate milk yum
Oj was gr8
Mini apple sauces or fruit cups instead of a few apples
Grape juice would be nice to have
Matza
Closed box pasta
Whole wheat snackers/crackers or regular crackers
Tuna

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 9:37 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
By overloaded, do you mean they can't take on additional stops? What if other schools' parents can pick up from the existing BYBP stops? Would that be an option?
Whoever came up with this idea is a genius! I watched a video of people packaging the boxes - unbelievable! Kol hakavod!

Overloaded- as in no more room to put a box on a bus.The monitors were sitting on the steps.
It takes 2-3 days to fill up the boxes.
runs start at 10am and end at 5

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 10:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We're you able to find out if a non BJBP family can be added to pick up?

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 9:50 pm
I believe the boxes usually come every Tuesday (missed the bus 2 weeks, otherwise it was every Tuesday) however I didn't get any emails/ texts about tomorrow. Should I expect a box?
(I like to know in advance as I can't lift the box myself (bedrest) and try to make arrangements for someone to take it off the bus for me).
If anyone knows I'd appreciate it.
Also- did they send out the BYDC summer guidelines yet? I didn't get anything as of yet.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics