Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Mikva in Boro Park Safety

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 8:30 am
I am supposed to go to the mikva tonite. I am a health care worker who takes the current situation very seriously. My family andnI practice SD and wear masks whenever it is essential for us to be out. Which mikvas have the most stringent infection control policies and what are they? Id love to skip mikva till this blows over, but thats not happening.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 9:23 am
Help?

amother
Wine

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 9:27 am
Maybe try a mikvah elsewhere in Brooklyn, such as Sephardic mikvah or Park Slope?

amother
Olive

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 9:42 am
I went twice in BP 46th street. They practice covid safety.

I did not think too much into it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 9:45 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:

What are their safety practices? I do think about it..alot
I also think about.what I see and hear in the hospital I work at and from my colleagues in the medical field.
This is real. People are still getting sick. and dying.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 9:58 am
going to the mikvah should not be more risky than going to the grocery, if anything its a lot safer imo. every mikveh practices covid safety. youll have to do all prep at home, bring your own towel, robe, gloves and mask. which part of the mikva makes you nervous?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:08 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
going to the mikvah should not be more risky than going to the grocery, if anything its a lot safer imo. every mikveh practices covid safety. youll have to do all prep at home, bring your own towel, robe, gloves and mask. which part of the mikva makes you nervous?

I went to the grocery 1x since before pesach. I wore my n95 the whole time. I wear it at work as required during my.entire shift. How can this compare to dunking naked in a public mikva

amother
Wine

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:15 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:

What would you say was so safe? I went there too but nothing struck me as being overly cautious. Possibly just basic safety guidelines to the minimum of the law.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:17 am
I'm not from Boro Park, I can tell you that the Mikvah I went to twice during this in Crown Heights, Mei Chaya Mushka, follows all the protocols to the T and I felt totally safe there.
I'm not sure if that helps I hope you find a more local option

amother
Amber

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 12:31 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
What would you say was so safe? I went there too but nothing struck me as being overly cautious. Possibly just basic safety guidelines to the minimum of the law.

I also thought the mikvah on 46th street was very safe. Nobody touched me or came anywhere near me. No showers. No touching the railing with bare hands....

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 3:21 pm
Anyone know about the mikva on 18th ave and 47?

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 8:40 pm
Satmar mikvah on Dahill (718) 435-1700. They work by appointment only I was there 2x during quarantine and Im awed how they really are doing all they can. They always were the cleanest most beautiful mikvah in Brooklyn for sure, possibly in all of New York...

yidisheh mama

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:13 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Satmar mikvah on Dahill (718) 435-1700. They work by appointment only I was there 2x during quarantine and Im awed how they really are doing all they can. They always were the cleanest most beautiful mikvah in Brooklyn for sure, possibly in all of New York...

I agree they're clean and very beautiful, the most beautiful in BP, but not in all of Brooklyn. You've obviously never been to the park slope and crown heights mikvah.
I haven't been there during quarantine, so I can't tell you about their precautions.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 6:54 pm
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

Mama Bear

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 8:56 pm
I went twice, in Wmsbg, and it was fine. You do the preps at home if you want (or you can do it there), but the mikvah lady won't check you, and you go dip. From waht I've heard the transmission rate from the hot chlorinated mikvah is virtually nil. But maybe ask an epidiomologist if you're so worried....

HonesttoGod

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 8:35 am
Call the mikvah you want to go to and ask them.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 8:45 am
Bh worked out well. 18th and 47st in Boro Park. They had laundered robes. Dosposable hair covering and disposable slippers. I brought everything from home anyway and didn'tuse theirs. Lady at front desk was gowned and masked. Mikva lady masked. Social distancing maintained. Nothing done at mikva not even checking. All preps at home. I brought garbage bags and put my bag and stuff on that so I didn'thave to touch public surfaces. I Was reminded not to touch railing.After toiveling I put all my stuff in another garbage bag and knotted it for washing at home. Purelled hands (purell from home) and didnt touch anything on way out. Showered when I got home (per mikva lady was told to put on a piece of jewelry before my home shower).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics