Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Physical therapy at home ideas

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 11:48 am
Hi! What are some resources I could use to put together some sort of core strengthening program for my 5 year old? Any good websites? Do you have any good idea? Any specific cheap equipment is needed?

Thnx!!!

amother
Brown

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 11:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi! What are some resources I could use to put together some sort of core strengthening program for my 5 year old? Any good websites? Do you have any good idea? Any specific cheap equipment is needed?

Thnx!!!

Can you reach out to your sons PT?

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 11:52 am
My 4 year old son has been doing PT over zoom

Yoga poses, stretches, jumping games

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 12:43 pm
You can have a PT put together a program that you administer and check in with them.

A swingset can be useful sometimes. An exercise ball too, and also for you. Some sort of mat for the ground- a cheap yoga mat will do.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 2:00 pm
Haven’t had PT in 2 years (was dismissed at that time). I’m starting to think that we prob need to start again. For that, I’m prob best off waiting until after this whole corona to do an Eval... so in the meantime I’m wondering if there’s anything I can do at home.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 2:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Haven’t had PT in 2 years (was dismissed at that time). I’m starting to think that we prob need to start again. For that, I’m prob best off waiting until after this whole corona to do an Eval... so in the meantime I’m wondering if there’s anything I can do at home.

If you can give some background I can try to recommend some exercises.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 7:22 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
If you can give some background I can try to recommend some exercises.

Thank you!!

Was an overall delayed baby- PT wise his crawling/ walking was delayed - core definitely needed strengthening. When he turned 3 and he maxed out of early intervention- evaluation came out fine so we left it at that. I see he’s just not up to par to others his age- most apparent- is his difficulty with bike riding. (Though it’s also in general that things take him a bit longer than others)
Hoping to do an OT and PT Eval after after after..... 🤷🏻‍♀️

gande

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 8:09 pm
Peaunut ball is a good thing to have him sit and roll on. Trampoline with bar that he can hang a bit. For bike riding you need to practice and push them to try. My 5 year old is also having difficulty but he is fine I think hes just not the type to push himself.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 8:46 pm
Look up Alexander Lopiccolo...he has amazing ideas. I follow him on linked in.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 8:53 pm
If you live in Lakewood, call your dr for a referral and call children’s specialized hospital. They will do an eval and treatment over video call

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 11:12 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
If you live in Lakewood, call your dr for a referral and call children’s specialized hospital. They will do an eval and treatment over video call

Will I have to pay a fortune for that? Or will it b covered (horizon bcbs) cuz then rather a proper in person Eval and session.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 11:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Will I have to pay a fortune for that? Or will it b covered (horizon bcbs) cuz then rather a proper in person Eval and session.

I am on jersey care it is fully covered for me... they are a hospital I imagine they take all insurance.
I did it with my child and am so so happy I did! Because the therapist is directing ME in MY home with MY supplies, I know what we’re working on and can practice in between sessions. When I took a previous child, it was only the actual session as carrying over to home is more difficult
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers