Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Im loving quarantine!
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 5:25 pm
Im actually loving this! My toddler plays quietly half the day and naps the other half the day. He BH bli ayan hora doesnt know how to be kvetchy. Also im pregnant so I can work from the couch and by the time we go back to work Ill be done the first trimester IYH!

amother
Mint

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 5:27 pm
Good for you but shhhh! Don't aggravate the kvetchers, plotzers and crashers. Ain't fair to them.

flowerpower

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 5:29 pm
Good for you!!! I loved it the first month. By now I am over it! Really over it.

CiCi

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 5:32 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Good for you but shhhh! Don't aggravate the kvetchers, plotzers and crashers. Ain't fair to them.

Everyone's situation is different. I personally am loving quarantining. But if I would have a few little kids in a small apartment I'd go insane too.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 5:32 pm
Don’t write about your good marriage
Don’t post that you lost weight
Don’t post that your kids behave
Don’t post that you have cleaning help
Don’t post that you have money
You might trigger someone!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 5:33 pm
Some days I was losing my mind from the no structure but we started taking walks in the parks and that was a real breather.

CiCi

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 5:35 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:

You could. And you should. But it doesn't change the fact that others have different circumstances. We can be happy and chirpy but nobody needs to get knocked for venting.

It's a safe space here for everyone Cool

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 5:42 pm
CiCi wrote:
Everyone's situation is different. I personally am loving quarantining. But if I would have a few little kids in a small apartment I'd go insane too.

This if I had a big place where kids could have their own quiet place my days would be much easier.

DVOM

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 5:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Im actually loving this! My toddler plays quietly half the day and naps the other half the day. He BH bli ayan hora doesnt know how to be kvetchy. Also im pregnant so I can work from the couch and by the time we go back to work Ill be done the first trimester IYH!

I'm so glad for you!

I'm also loving a lot of things about it😊

Zehava

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 6:40 pm
Me too. It’s beautiful to watch my kids blossom without the pressure of school and just being kids.
And it feels like an adventure to have no structure to the day and no place we need to be.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 6:47 pm
I’m loving it too but I’m actually listening to the rules. For those who say they love it and aren’t following the rules, we’ll duh what’s not to love Rolling Eyes

amother
Gold

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 6:50 pm
I’m loving it too but I’m actually listening to the rules. For those who say they love it and aren’t following the rules, we’ll duh what’s not to love Rolling Eyes

I'm also loving it and following the rules.

tweety1

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 7:20 pm

No I'm not posting it cuz none of it applies to me, but I am loving the fact that I don't have buses to rush too in the morning. One of my kids graduated to an earlier schedule this yr and is having a super hard adjustment. Now that I have no pressure to wake him up he's so much happier and calmer and naturally I am too.

lucky14

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 7:52 pm
I love it to. Hate why we are having to do it. But I love having the whole day free and not having to think of exciting outings to go to since we HAVE to stay home. I have an excuse to order EVERYTHING for delivery or pickup- so many hours of shopping freed up- no more guilt about having my baby in her car seat for so much of the day. So much more time to play with my kids and give them attention.
(Yes, we have a house with our own yard and live in a quieter community so we can go on walks easily without passing by tons of people. I'm SURE that makes a difference).

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 8:16 pm
I have a lot of social anxiety ... I try to push myself to work on it.... (Invite people for shabbat, go out) so it has been so nice not to have that pressure lol. This time has a lot of challenges but I'm liking that ! LOL

amother
Rose

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 9:24 pm
I don't know how much I'm loving it but this more free schedule has taken a toll on my girls. Last morning while I was still asleep they played striking matches Hiding
3am today in the morning they were playing with the shades in their room, breaking off a piece 😳 What's next up for me?
Should be thankful nothing happened and kids are healthy

amother
Copper

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 9:29 pm
I also love it. Now that my dh doesn't have to go to minyan and travel to work, he's able to do a lot more -- he's better at -- Before the quarantine, I actually had given up on -- thinking that his age was the problem. Hiding

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 9:35 pm
plays quietly- half a day? how? with what? how old is your toddler?
mine is 18 months.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 9:47 pm
Lol OP - I had to double check your post to make sure I didn't write it and forget about it! I'm also pregnant - this is my first so no other kids to contend with in isolation (I think my opinion might be different if I did!)

Found out I was pregnant a few weeks before isolation started, so the timing worked out great. Heading into second trimester right about now. I work from home at a time when working from the office would have been way more uncomfortable.

It's terribly upsetting to think of those affected by the actual virus, and if given the choice, I'm sure we'd both prefer this virus never happened, and thousands of lives were saved. But while the world crashes and burns, I think it's healthy to be grateful for whatever I have and any positive that comes our way.

It hasn't been all perfect, there are definitely anxieties and other limitations that come with being pregnant right now. But DH and I have had some special time together during this first trimester, something we will probably never have again in our lives (unless we win lotto and both quit work- pray!!) We're even working on a puzzle now - something we would never have taken the time to purchase and do if we hadn't been forced out of our crazy routine.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:19 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
plays quietly- half a day? how? with what? how old is your toddler?
mine is 18 months.

This. Wondering the same. I have an almost 2 year old who does not play quietly without constant interaction from me and has no interest in projects, playdough, coloring etc.... we are both losing our minds. And he certainly doesn’t nap half a day!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics