Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Im loving quarantine!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 9:49 pm
Also love it. Could do this for months. Bh kidd are well. 4 teenagers and 2 elementary school kids. Much more family time. Less pressure. Some schoolwork is done but not all...at all. Maybe half each day.
We are all well and happy and for this im grateful. My sholom bayis is better as im more relaxed. My husband is around more to be with us which I am enjoying.
Im not ready to go back to normal.
But certainly feel for those who are struggling at home and of course wish a refuah to all those who need it.

DrMom

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:15 pm
It's got its upsides, but we took a hit economically because DH could not work for a few weeks.

I'm working mostly from home, which is not exactly relaxing with kids around. My schedule is definitely more flexible though.

The kids miss their friends. B"H, everyone should be back to school/work soon.

gold21

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:56 pm
Your toddler naps for half the day?
Why?

DrMom

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 11:10 pm
For all of you loving the lockdown (I assume you are not all under "quarantine" unless you are infected/have been in contact with n infected person):

Do you have any economic concerns? Is your family income being impacted?

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 1:40 am
gold21 wrote:
Why?

A two hour nap in the afternoon can easily feel like effectively half the day. It does for me.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 1:48 am
DrMom wrote:
For all of you loving the lockdown (I assume you are not all under "quarantine" unless you are infected/have been in contact with n infected person):

Do you have any economic concerns? Is your family income being impacted?

I was about to ask this. I mean the economy is drowning & millions are out of work.
How are you all loving it? The economic stress alone would wipe out any silver lining.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 4:41 am
I know many are struggling financially, and I am very grateful that dh and I are able to work from home. I really enjoy it. No need to dress nicely, no bra!!, no makeup, no commute. I'm an introvert, so I like the quiet at home and not having to chat with people all day (everyone is very talkative at work and it's draining sometimes). I get more done also.

I know I would feel very differently if we couldn't work at home, and I hope everyone is able to go back to work soon.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 4:46 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
This if I had a big place where kids could have their own quiet place my days would be much easier.

But they don’t want to use their own quiet place! They stay near me all day and complain that they are bored...

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 4:54 am
I'm a SAHM and my dh can easily work from home. . I still think the economy should re-open but yes kind of enjoying having the kiddies home.

I'm sad that people are dying. Where I live I'm not seeing that though so it's not in my face. A few community members got sick but then got better.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 5:01 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I was about to ask this. I mean the economy is drowning & millions are out of work.
How are you all loving it? The economic stress alone would wipe out any silver lining.

We’re spending much less. No cleaning help, no student loans, and we’re trying to push off the mortgage. All the extra spending on trips or whatever, we’re saving on that too. We’ll probably save money on camp, unless they miraculously open. The unemployment covers the rest. Overall the world is in a terrible situation, and I’m definitely not happy about that part, but the lockdown itself and having to stay home, that part I’m absolutely loving.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 5:10 am
About the economy: even those of us bh not affected right now at the moment will probably feel it sometime later. I’m really worried. We’re in the food business so we’re still not really feeling it too much. But I know good and well that we will... because if other people are hurting they won’t be able to pay... we’re all connected

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 5:35 am
I love it, too!
I got my 3.5 yo a dollhouse, play kitchen, bike, and sensory bin, and he practially babysits himself all day. We have project-time in the afternoon, where I give him a smock, paint, and a canvas and let him do whatever he wants. I just got chalk from the dollar tree, and he was coloring outside the entire day.
My 8 month old is very high maintenance and usually bored out of his box, but since 3.5yo is home, he's entertained and much happier!
And bH my ppd went away. I had a teeny bit, and I think it was because I was so bored at home. BH quarantine happened, and now my days are much more action-packed and fulfilling. B"ah, I am in a much much better mental and emotional space

tichellady

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 8:34 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
plays quietly- half a day? how? with what? how old is your toddler?
mine is 18 months.

I have so many questions too. My toddler won’t do anything by herself at all. She often ends up sitting on my lap while I use the bathroom

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 8:44 am
tichellady wrote:
I have so many questions too. My toddler won’t do anything by herself at all. She often ends up sitting on my lap while I use the bathroom
same here. I can’t go to the bathroom without a full blown tantrum. And toys don’t keep him busy. Nothing does except watching videos which we limit obviously.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 8:49 am
tichellady wrote:

You gotta put your foot down at some point... Can't Believe It

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 9:53 am
gold21 wrote:
Why?

From 10:30 - 12 in the morning and then 2:30 till 4:30-5 in the afternoon. And then 7:30 for the night. Half of that time napping hes just resting in his crib and sometimes he doesnt nap at all but hes a different person when he gets that resting time

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 9:57 am
tichellady wrote:

16 months. He loves to play. He has legos and blocks and balls and books to look at and electronic noisemaking toys he can keep busy for hours making towers and throwing things around and going to catch them.
I can go anywhere in our small apartment and he doesnt cry for me if he needs me he knows where to find me.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 6:13 pm
Could be its a personality thing also but from when he was very little I never stopped what I was doing to pick him up if he was crying I always finished what I was doing and then picked him up. What I found was that 9/10 times he quieted down on his own so maybe I trained him to play nicely for longer periods of time?

cozyblanket

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 7:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
From 10:30 - 12 in the morning and then 2:30 till 4:30-5 in the afternoon. And then 7:30 for the night. Half of that time napping hes just resting in his crib and sometimes he doesnt nap at all but hes a different person when he gets that resting time

That sounds very nice and relaxing.

If you had my household, you would have a very different experience. I'm running from one issue to the next all day.

Internet classes not working, fights, a baby who needs me when the older kids need me, teaching my son all his stuff from his teachers, helping other kids to stay on task. Serving meals, no privacy at night either from my big kids. Working 10 pm- 1am. I didn't even scratch the surface. I have a headache and its only 10:30.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 8:34 am
Can I ask an honest question for all those who are loving it? Do you have a big(ish) house? A garden?
Talk to me when you live in a small house/appartement with not even a porch!
And like other posters mentioned, no economic stress?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics