Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
No visiting day

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 12:43 am
Its almost funny...

So many of the issues that people complain about, that fill the weekly magazine letters to the editor sections, have been addressed by corona virus.

Lavish weddings....gone
having too many guests for pesach and feeling unappreciated....gone
talking in shul.....gone

and now

visiting day....GONE!

https://matzav.com/read-it-ajc.....down/

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 12:48 am
Let’s take the lessons with us in the good times too...

cbsdbs

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 12:48 am
At least there might be camp. The kids need it after being in lockdown for the past few months. The kids will be more than happy just to be able to be in camp.

agreer

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 1:44 am
It's amazing, isn't it? Hashem works in mysterious ways.

tweety1

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 2:02 am
It's only a proposal. The camps got together and this is what they proposed. Sullivan county might not even accept it.

amother
Violet

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 10:40 am
If there's no visiting day, they have to do Zoom visiting day or there's no way I'm trusting them with my kids.

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 10:43 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
If there's no visiting day, they have to do Zoom visiting day or there's no way I'm trusting them with my kids.

We also need to sit into our (parked) car for 6 hours with all kids to feel like the real thing. I mean how can we deprive ourselves of this pleasure?

southernbubby

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 11:19 am
When I went to camp for the first time at age 9, I went for 9 days.
Why can't there be something short for younger kids or first timers?
A lot of kids don't get visitors on visiting day and I remember that one of my sons came and said hello, took a bit of cash, and off he went for the rest of the day!

watergirl

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 11:23 am

I cant tell if you’re serious. Visiting day is mainly a thing in the upstate NY/PA camps. You do know that many many camps have no visiting day at all, right?

amother
Violet

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 11:29 am
You do know that there are plenty of camps that do stunts like falling from high places onto stunt mats, right?

southernbubby

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 11:29 am

If I couldn't trust the staff, I would wait until the kid was old enough to take care of themselves. I remember seeing a mother who marched her kid off to the shower, gave him a good scrubbing, clipped nails, etc because the child was too young to take care of himself. I came to visiting day to find that my child was riddled with head lice and another one had such horrible counselors that I had to complain. One wanted to come home on visiting day because there was a group who came as a group and they excluded the other kids. We have to be able to at least prepare children for negative possibilities and have a strategy for dealing with it. Sleep away camp isn't the best choice for some kids which is why I think that there should be short sessions offered to first time campers.

giselle

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 11:33 am
This article is so misleading. It’s making it sound like camps are definitely opening. Until you actually read the letter.

Ora in town

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 11:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Its almost funny...

So many of the issues that people complain about, that fill the weekly magazine letters to the editor sections, have been addressed by corona virus.

Lavish weddings....gone
having too many guests for pesach and feeling unappreciated....gone
talking in shul.....gone

and now

visiting day....GONE!

https://matzav.com/read-it-ajc.....down/

You could keep them home. Then every day would be visiting day...
I would not send kids to camp under those circumstances...
I think it's not a good idea to mix now, not even in summer.
If they could go to camp exactly with their classmates they meet anyway, I would be OK with it...
But not mixing and remixing children...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics