Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Mikvah dilemma

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 4:22 am
would you go to a small Mikvah that’s not often used, if the Mikvah lady said two other women are coming that night and it’s Sunday so she can’t get a cleaning lady in between? She will try to do some cleaning herself, she said. The zman is late and there’s a covid curfew here so there won’t be much time in between people. Other choice is to delay Mikvah a day. Which would make it day eight. I would regardless take every precaution but if I went Sunday I would be even more careful. But maybe it’s safe and pushing off is pointless? Or maybe it’s not safe to go under these circumstances. I’m so torn. Rav said I can do whatever I’m comfortable with.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 4:31 am
at our mikvah right now we basically just go in to the room to check ourselves and change and then we go in to the mikvah. there's not a very big outbreak where I am and I go to the store... so I totally would go to the mikvah but I might feel differently if there was a big outbreak where I live.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 4:35 am
Thanks. Forgot to write that there are cases here but not a huge outbreak.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 4:37 am
The past two times I went were Friday, where there's no cleaning in between, and the next I was first motzai shabbos before anything was cleaned. Very well-used mikvah.
Both time I prepared completely at home and brought 2 garbage bags. In one I placed all my stuff so nothing would touch anything in the room. I used gloves for transferring and brought a few pairs. the second bag was to put my towel when I got to the water.
I felt very safe. I would try to take every precaution and not push off. Of course, you have to feel comfortable and make the decision with your husband. Hatzlacha!

amother
Navy

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 4:39 am
I personally wouldn't worry but that's just me. are you high risk?

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 4:41 am
No, not high risk. Thanks

imasinger

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 4:43 am
If the rav said to do what you are comfortable with, and you're more comfortable going on Sunday, then go Sunday.

I've always posted about the importance of tevila on time, so I don't say this lightly.

But you asked a shaila and got an answer. Stop worrying, and postpone if you'll feel better about the cleaning.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 5:59 am
to clarify I find mikvah in general stressful and so if it will increase my stress I push it off (with agreement from my husband) I've been told in the past I can push it off if my husband agrees. this just wouldn't be a reason I personally push it off but everyone has different things that stress them out.

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 7:34 am
I live in NY and I went to the mikvah chol hamoed. I prepared at home and brought my own stuff. I washed hands with soap before and after. The mikvah had tons of chlorine and appointments. They have at least 2 mb 3 pools and I know they cleaned the rooms in between. I understand your concern and I’m posting to let you know that I am bh fine. I don’t want to minimize your concern but I don’t think you have to be that nervous. When I dropped my check in the box they left out there were a lot whole bunch there. Do your best and daven...

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 4:17 pm
Thank you so much. I really appreciate all of your perspectives!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics