Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Separated and looking for place to live

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 12:41 am
So I just separated from my husband. I come from a dysfunctional family and it wouldn’t be smart for me to go back there. I was married for 2 yrs no kids. Was wondering if anyone knows what ppl do in such a situation. Is it best to rent an apt myself or is there a house With other ladies where I cld rent a room?
Thanks in advance

Cookiegirl

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 2:56 am
I don't have any particular advice, not knowing what area you live in, but I wanted to wish you hatzlacha in your journey as well as strength and peace of mind as you find the right situation.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:13 am
Cookiegirl wrote:
I don't have any particular advice, not knowing what area you live in, but I wanted to wish you hatzlacha in your journey as well as strength and peace of mind as you find the right situation.

Thanks so much! I live in Brooklyn area. Willing to go anywhere in New York.

Cookiegirl

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:21 am
I think you can find a number of options (although a group situation may be difficult right now due to the lockdown). You should take your financial situation into account- can you afford to rent something on your own long term? Do you have a relative that you can stay with temporarily, if not your immediate family? Are you the type of person who can live alone, or would you prefer a roommate type of arrangement? There are a lot of factors that would go into your decision. If you can find somewhere to go temporarily, that will allow you to think things through and make a longer term plan, that might be best. (If money is not an issue, you can try a hotel for a few days just to get your bearings, but generally, money is always an issue).

Cookiegirl

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:22 am
Also, not sure of the background of your situation, but you may be able to use some of the services of Amudim, or a similar organization, to help arranging temporary shelter.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 7:06 am
I think if you call shalom task force, they may be able to help you with living accommodations.
Hatzlocha to you for a happy future with peace of mind.

Shalom task force-
Office: 212-742-1478
Fax: 212-742-1373
Email: info@shalomtaskforce.org

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 7:32 am
boca raon or scranton

Rappel

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 7:36 am
Here, OP.

"The staff at Sarah's Voice also provides assistance and/or referrals related to housing, benefits, education, healthcare, employment, immigration and consumer finance issues. "

https://www.shalomtaskforce.org/legal

A few years ago, I heard they had a domestic abuse shelter for frum women. Obviously, I don't know the location, but they should be a good resource for getting back on your feet.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 11:57 am
Rappel wrote:
Here, OP.

"The staff at Sarah's Voice also provides assistance and/or referrals related to housing, benefits, education, healthcare, employment, immigration and consumer finance issues. "

https://www.shalomtaskforce.org/legal

A few years ago, I heard they had a domestic abuse shelter for frum women. Obviously, I don't know the location, but they should be a good resource for getting back on your feet.

Thanks. Will try them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries