Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Orlando
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 1:15 am
Have any of u heard of people renting houses in Orlando now???? Maybe it's only me but I feel theres a time and place for everything! Also how do they know they are safer there????

asmileaday

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 1:17 am
Do a quick search, many threads on this topic. Have you not checked this site recently?

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 1:18 am
I hear Florida is full of New Yorkers now...

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 2:04 am
I personally know someone who's there now for a very valid reason...It's high time to stop judging what others are doing!

DrMom

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 2:06 am
All of the attractions are closed. Why go davka to Orlando now?

Zehava

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 2:07 am
Yeah lots of people
I’m considering going this week.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 2:33 am
People are doing it. Reasonably priced rentals with private pools.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 2:22 pm
I heard they are arranging food delivery from miami? anyone have info?

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:25 pm
I wonder if it's the same person starting these threads again and again and again and again and again.
Do a search and lock this thread.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:27 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
I wonder if it's the same person starting these threads again and again and again and again and again.
Do a search and lock this thread.

Absolutely!!!

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:42 pm
Boca raton has kosher food at the supermarkets

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Have any of u heard of people renting houses in Orlando now???? Maybe it's only me but I feel theres a time and place for everything! Also how do they know they are safer there????

Yeah my sister in law is there. She said the plane was packed and the houses are full.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:52 pm
It's a different poster. I started one of the other threads that got locked.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:55 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
It's a different poster. I started one of the other threads that got locked.

Since these are all started by anonymous posters..lol...thanks for the laugh.
Yeah I'm 99.9% it's the same one or very very possibly two. They all start either asking about mikvah or food....

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 8:52 pm
I spoke to my friend that's in Orlando now, I asked her a bunch of questions. She said that everyone is very strict with quarantine/social distancing, everyone basically stays at their house. People are going to Orlando because it's basically only vacation homes, not many people live there. They get groceries delivered, no one has given NY's a problem. A catering company from NY went down there and is selling meals and shabbos food.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 9:02 pm
I spoke to my friend that's in Orlando now, I asked her a bunch of questions. She said that everyone is very strict with quarantine/social distancing, everyone basically stays at their house. People are going to Orlando because it's basically only vacation homes, not many people live there. They get groceries delivered, no one has given NY's a problem. A catering company from NY went down there and is selling meals and shabbos food.

I'm sure this is true in some neighborhoods - but Orlando has twice the number of residents as Lakewood. (not that people should vacation in Lakewood - rather people really do live in Orlando)

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 9:05 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
I'm sure this is true in some neighborhoods - but Orlando has twice the number of residents as Lakewood. (not that people should vacation in Lakewood - rather people really do live in Orlando)

People don't live in the area where the vacation homes are. The vacation homes are basically in one are. There are barely any locals living there.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 9:07 pm
People don't live in the area where the vacation homes are. The vacation homes are basically in one are. There are barely any locals living there.

we agree.

Zehava

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 11:06 pm

In and around Disneyland. I saw some really cute Disney themed homes for a fraction of the usual cost. My kids were drooling Over the pics.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 11:11 pm
Many people going there because they are going crazy in their tiny Brooklyn apartments
Houses are huge cheap and have pools
They can zoom classes from there as well
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics