Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Preschool teacher salary

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 9:02 pm
Hi. Anyone mind sharing what the going rate for a preschool teacher is? I want /need a raise and wanted to know if im being unreasonable. If u dont mind sharing what type of school boys or girls and where . thanks in advance

Sewsew_mom

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 9:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi. Anyone mind sharing what the going rate for a preschool teacher is? I want /need a raise and wanted to know if im being unreasonable. If u dont mind sharing what type of school boys or girls and where . thanks in advance

I would love to know what school your in that is giving raises to preschool teachers these days.. Confused

notshanarishona

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 9:09 pm
Depends on the country , the state , your qualifications , etc. most schools have a scale and will pay based on experience and degree(s). Starting salary in oot city, around $15 an hour (I am not a preschool teacher but know the market)

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 10:41 pm
They aren't offering raises. I want to ask for one tho. Im in brooklyn in a boys school .

amother
Puce

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 11:01 pm
Sewsew_mom wrote:
I would love to know what school your in that is giving raises to preschool teachers these days.. Confused

As far as I know it doesn’t go much higher than that... the highest I heard was 20$ an hour, and she was really experienced and had other responsibilities. these are salaries divided by hours. You can bargain for better value against tuition in my school...

Ellie7

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 11:06 pm
There a big difference between wanting and needing a raise. There’s no reason your job should give you more money because your life circumstances are expensive. In my experience, the only reason you should ask for and get a raise is because, based on your work, you deserve it.

smss

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 1:08 am
Ellie7 wrote:
There a big difference between wanting and needing a raise. There’s no reason your job should give you more money because your life circumstances are expensive. In my experience, the only reason you should ask for and get a raise is because, based on your work, you deserve it.

This.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics