Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Can you help me choose a stroller? (not my first)
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 5:25 pm
I am expecting a new baby soon and I need to buy a new stroller.
I live in BP and do most of my errands walking around but we do use our car for going places later in the day or when we go out of the neighborhood. I actually do not drive (only my husband does).
My kids will be 9 years apart, my uppababy vista has long since been gifted away but I remember enjoying it except for the bulkiness of it. The push and basket were amazing.
My mother bought my first stroller but this one has to be budget based. I cannot afford a new Vista Sad
What features are important to me:
-great push (nyc streets bumpy snow etc)
-decent accessible basket (used for local errands)
-the ability to parent face
-able to go in a car trunk
-under $500

Any ideas for me ladies?

OBnursemom

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 5:27 pm
Uppa Baby Cruz?

lasagna

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 5:30 pm
Maybe the city select or a mama papa stroller

amother
Purple

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 5:32 pm
Tried to post the link for uppabqby Cruz under $500. It’s a great stroller

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 5:53 pm
What makes the cruz a good option?
I like uppababy customer service so that is a plus.
The wheels on the cruz seem small to me and they dont have suspension. Is it just a smaller vista?

challahchallah

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 6:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What makes the cruz a good option?
I like uppababy customer service so that is a plus.
The wheels on the cruz seem small to me and they dont have suspension. Is it just a smaller vista?

As you said, because it’s an uppababy the customer service and quality are very good. All the mechanisms are intuitive and reliable.

Despite the smaller wheels it’s still a very nice push. Its basket is still plenty big for normal shopping. The smaller size makes it easier to navigate tight spaces during errands. It’s ~5lbs lighter than the Vista so getting it in and out of the trunk is substantially easier. Overall, it’s just a really nice compromise in terms of size.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 8:07 pm
Bee5. Maybe you can find a used one.

aliavi

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 8:11 pm
If you don’t think you will have another baby then look for second hand. The mamas and papas looks very high end with a large basket.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 8:13 pm
You could check on Facebook. People are often selling strollers second hand in very good condition

amother
Lime

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 8:15 pm
I love the Cruz. Huge basket, but stroller itself isn't quite as huge as the Vista. It folds in two pieces and you do need both hands to fold it. You can have the baby facing you or frontwards. It has a little peekaboo window to see the baby.
The one downside is I needed the bassinet, but it may or may not be necessary for you. I got it by my first baby a few years ago and planning to get it iyh when the second one comes around.

challahchallah

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 9:43 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
I love the Cruz. Huge basket, but stroller itself isn't quite as huge as the Vista. It folds in two pieces and you do need both hands to fold it. You can have the baby facing you or frontwards. It has a little peekaboo window to see the baby.
The one downside is I needed the bassinet, but it may or may not be necessary for you. I got it by my first baby a few years ago and planning to get it iyh when the second one comes around.

You do need two hands to fold it, which can be a little annoying, but it can fold as one piece as long as you have the seat facing out (away from you) and all the way upright.

(I apologize if you didn’t actually mean that you have to separate it into two pieces in order to fold it, but that is what my husband thought for like a year after we had the stroller so I wanted to clarify in case you or someone else didn’t know).

ETA: I didn’t have the bassinet and never wished I did, but maybe I just didn’t know what I was missing.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 10:04 pm
challahchallah wrote:
You do need two hands to fold it, which can be a little annoying, but it can fold as one piece as long as you have the seat facing out (away from you) and all the way upright.

(I apologize if you didn’t actually mean that you have to separate it into two pieces in order to fold it, but that is what my husband thought for like a year after we had the stroller so I wanted to clarify in case you or someone else didn’t know).

ETA: I didn’t have the bassinet and never wished I did, but maybe I just didn’t know what I was missing.

I had the 2016 model, I think that one may have needed to be separated, they made a lot of changes in 2017. I got the bassinet because the seat is officially 3 month +, but I see they also have an infant insert that may work better for some people.

lamplighter

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 10:08 pm
anyone have issues with their cruz wheels? Im reading that they wear out easily.
I live in Brooklyn. I walk everywhere.

#alsostrollershopping

Opal

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 10:14 pm
Valco baby! Their double stroller is very popular so you've probably seen it around, but not many know that their single is also excellent. One hand fold, extremely lightweight, good looking, it can literally fit a seven year old so it's got great longevity. Bassinet is optional as the infant insert works just fine. It's compact enough for travel too. There are actually two single models - snap ultra trend and snap 4 strend, both of which I've tried so you can pm me if you want more details about the differences. I love this stroller and get so many compliments on it. Good luck with your search!

challahchallah

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 10:49 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
I had the 2016 model, I think that one may have needed to be separated, they made a lot of changes in 2017. I got the bassinet because the seat is officially 3 month +, but I see they also have an infant insert that may work better for some people.

Oh, yeah, I have a post 2017 (but pre v2.0) version. I did use the infant insert, which I liked because it doesn’t take up any space and I liked having my baby securely fastened in.

Re: wheels. I’ve not had any issues. My friend who walks everywhere had hers wear out after ~4 years, but Uppababy sent her replacement ones for free even though her stroller was long out of warranty.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 11:56 pm
The Cruz is basically comparable to the Vista imho except that it's more compact. I actually don't understand why someone would opt for the Vista if they can get the Cruz.

flowerpower

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 12:00 am
Uppa baby Cruz fits the description.

Winterb

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 12:01 am
I just read about a stroller called the mockingbird. Looks just like the uppababy but priced ate about $350. I think it’s cheaper cause it ships direct to consumer. It supposedly gets great reviews. I’ve never seen it in person but it might be worth looking into.

flowerpower

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 12:01 am
lamplighter wrote:
anyone have issues with their cruz wheels? Im reading that they wear out easily.
I live in Brooklyn. I walk everywhere.

#alsostrollershopping

Dainty baby has an Uppababy employee come twice a year. They change the wheels. That’s what I’m told.

alwayscooking

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 12:04 am
Why dont u try Buggaboo 4 less they sell gently used bugaboo and may have in ur price range. Bshah tova
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics