Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Very tznius clothing - online or EY

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 8:31 am
I'm looking for some more 'traditional', perhaps chassidishe style, clothing which is very tznius online. Does such a thing exist? Simple, high neckline (I usually have some kind of collar), very loose fit, don't see the curves of the chest and rear, muted colors, calf length...

Alternatively recommendations for shops in Bnei Brak or Yerushalayim (although Bnei Brak, specifically Rabbi Akiva, has been a difficult place to find more traditional clothing lately. Lots of bright colors and tight pencil skirts.

Many thanks and please only useful comments

Rappel

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:12 am
I recently shopped at a store called Ayelet Hashahar, Rechov Meah Shearim 33 in Yerushalayim, on the recommendation of another poster here. Haredi clothing, exquisitely beautiful and tsniyut, and Vered the shopkeeper was lovely. The clothing is well-made, washes well, and is very comfortable. I bought basic cotton button downs and skirts with an adjustable waistband, but they also had clothing with lovely ruffles and waists, vests, dresses, slips - anything you need. All button downs are 80 shekels, skirts 150, and I believe it was all made here in Israel. I plan on being a return customer.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:18 am
Rappel wrote:
I recently shopped at a store called Ayelet Hashahar, Rechov Meah Shearim 33 in Yerushalayim, on the recommendation of another poster here. Haredi clothing, exquisitely beautiful and tsniyut, and Vered the shopkeeper was lovely. The clothing is well-made, washes well, and is very comfortable. I bought basic cotton button downs and skirts with an adjustable waistband, but they also had clothing with lovely ruffles and waists, vests, dresses, slips - anything you need. All button downs are 80 shekels, skirts 150, and I believe it was all made here in Israel. I plan on being a return customer.

Sounds ideal! Many thanks for the recommendation!

Rappel

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:56 am
Just a correction: I meant to write lace, not waist. The shirts are tailored, but not close fitting.

Iymnok

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 10:42 am
Dd just got some beautiful dresses in the Ramot mall.
I’ll post the catalog.
Http://Mazalhazut.com/catalog

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:22 am
Iymnok wrote:
I’ll post the catalog.

Are the models all really tall or are the dresses a bit short? Sometimes it's hard to tell from looking at pics. In general I'm looking for really not fitted and mid-calf.

flmommy

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:31 am
Iymnok wrote:
I’ll post the catalog.

Wow, love nothing like this in the US.

finallyamommy

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:37 am
Rappel wrote:

I'm so glad it worked out for you! I was wondering if they are open. I've been trying to call them.

Rappel

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 1:36 pm
finallyamommy wrote:
I'm so glad it worked out for you! I was wondering if they are open. I've been trying to call them.

They are open, but warning! Bring cash or a check with you. They don't have a working credit card machine.

Iymnok

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 1:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are the models all really tall or are the dresses a bit short? Sometimes it's hard to tell from looking at pics. In general I'm looking for really not fitted and mid-calf.

I think tall. DD is nearly 12 and they are mid-calf on her. Most have deep hems for lengthening.
It looks like they don’t have larger sizes, so when I get out there, I’m not sure I’ll be successful.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 2:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I'm 5'7", and I could never wear those dresses. They would be way too short for me. The modern style is to have the hem just an inch below the knee, as long as you stand perfectly still and don't move a muscle.

I also thought it was funny that they showed the black ruffled "double covering" on some of the models, even though the models had very long hair/sheitels. I get that they are trying to reach a certain market, but they kind of missed the specifics. LOL

I heard about a place in Bnei Brak that has longer skirts that can be hemmed to your measurements, and they sell vests and blouses to match. I'm going to go there as soon as I have a bit of money saved up.

just me!!

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 5:23 am
There are plenty of such stores in Bnei brak and jerusalem. That is, if you know where to shop. You can Pm me if you want more info.
You can find catalogues on this website; http://haredimnet.co.il/forum......ouers
You have to create a username if you want to see any of the women's clothing catalogues.

Good luck!

LovesHashem

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 5:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

In general with women's models they tend to be on the taller side.
When shopping online it will usually say how tall a model is. If you don't look at her height it can make some of the skirts labeled "midi" look awfully short.

Nadja

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:00 pm
Koshercasual.com. Is in Beit Shemesh, they have online and a store.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics