Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Lab/new jersey please help!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:24 am
hi, my dd needs to have her blood drawn every 6 months due to her medical condition. however she is autistic and anxiety makes it really hard to draw and she freaks out and doesn't let anyone do it. I am looking for someone in new jersey that is good with children and with autistic children or highly anxious children and my guess is that all children are difficult.

I used to go to Howell they had someone there and she isn't there anymore. I dont know where to go now. as my doctor office doesn't know and shanik office also doesn't. I already asked.

it would be a huge mitzva to help out a scared little girl and her mommy who is very lost. and doesn't know where to turn. my option is going to the hospital but that would make anxiety go to the roof and I cant traumatize her. she is already from all the blood work and from trying so many places.

please please anyone if you have any experience with anyone help me out. thank you!

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:28 am
We've had the best experiences at pediatric hospitals/facilities. If that's not an option, you can try getting something, I think it's called buzzy bee or something like that. We've never used it but ppl have been very happy with it. Good luck!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:32 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
We've had the best experiences at pediatric hospitals/facilities. If that's not an option, you can try getting something, I think it's called buzzy bee or something like that. We've never used it but ppl have been very happy with it. Good luck!

which pediatric hospital /facility do you recommend I dont even know where to start looking? thank you

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:44 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:

if your child is highly anxious did you go to the hospital and have someone different draw blood every time? cuz that would not be good for my dd. im wondering hwo you dealt with this? buzzy bee might be something to think about but I think someone patient and good with kids can get it done without the extra stuff. please help me with your experience thank you!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 8:20 pm
bump

amother
Blue

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:44 pm
I don't know where you are located but the girl in LabCorp on second street in Lakewood is really gentle and good with kids even babies
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics