Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
What happened in Meron today?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 12:13 pm
Did people truly manage to get in to Reb Shimon?

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 12:14 pm
I saw a short clip showing people dancing inside.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 12:18 pm

Last edited by shabbatiscoming on Tue, May 12 2020, 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 12:18 pm
I'm hearing snips here and there. I want to hear what happened? Did mishtara just give up?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 12:24 pm
I see men, women and kids moving about in the background of the live feed! What's going on???

etky

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 12:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I see men, women and kids moving about in the background of the live feed! What's going on???

Complete and utter chaos.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 12:31 pm
etky wrote:
Complete and utter chaos.

Hearing the heart piercing cries "Reb Shimon, Reb Shimon," as they broke open the welded locked gates to kever rashbi was heart wrenching!

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 6:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hearing the heart piercing cries "Reb Shimon, Reb Shimon," as they broke open the welded locked gates to kever rashbi was heart wrenching!

My eyes welled up reading your comment 😢
Heard they broke in through side entrance. Guards lost control

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 8:20 pm
It was chutz l'derech hatevah, with such a huge police presence, how did this happen? Reb Shimon himself opened the door for the mevakshim!

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 8:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It was chutz l'derech hatevah, with such a huge police presence, how did this happen? Reb Shimon himself opened the door for the mevakshim!

Scratching Head
Popcorn anyone?

Optione

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 8:25 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Scratching Head
Popcorn anyone?

Whether or not you agree with the previous posts, I wonder if this comment is uncalled for.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 8:40 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Scratching Head
Popcorn anyone?

Excuse me, I am crying my eye balls out here at home and you have the audacity to call popcorn? Have you ever been to Rashbi Lag Baomer and davened and pleaded in the kever? Do you even comprehend the matzav this year at all?

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 8:44 pm
As heartbreaking as it is to not be able to go, every year there are thousands who don't go for whatever reasons AND on top of that, it was NOT ALLOWED for people to be there this year. Are we really saying that Rashbi wanted people to do that? Break the law? Hurt the police? make A chilul hashem? Seriously?

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 8:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Excuse me, I am crying my eye balls out here at home and you have the audacity to call popcorn? Have you ever been to Rashbi Lag Baomer and davened and pleaded in the kever? Do you even comprehend the matzav this year at all?

If I'm right, she's waiting for the SD bashers to pipe up. And then the arguments starting all over again, as in every CV related thread Banging head

amother
Azure

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yes, I have been there more than once. There is utter chaos and pushing and shoving on the day of Lag Bomer mixed in with deafening music. I don't know how you can cry your heart out in such huge pushing crowds, with cries of HATZALA every other minute. Pray tell me, how you can say Tehillim with kavana. Im talking about normal Lag Bomer, not today....

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:23 pm
Okay haven't watched the videos but I'll bite. Jews are not supposed to engage in idolatry. We don't pray TO tzadikkim at kvarim which is avodah zara. Maybe we hope that davening near a kever, their neshama will intercede to Hashem on our behalf. Maybe we go because their inspiration strengthens our own tefilos.

But frum yidden believe hashem can hear our tefilos anywhere. We don't NEED to be by kivrei tzadikkim, we're not davening to a tzadik. Again, I'm not watching these videos, and I'm not going to be inspired by people calling out to a Tzadik for help, because that is avodah zara. I feel for their plight if their desperate and wish them a yeshua, and maybe in their tzaar they're doing things that aren't ideal. But one shouldn't be violating the Torah and putting other's lives at risk for this when they can daven to Hashem from their own home. It seems idolatrous.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:25 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Yes, I have been there more than once. There is utter chaos and pushing and shoving on the day of Lag Bomer mixed in with deafening music. I don't know how you can cry your heart out in such huge pushing crowds, with cries of HATZALA every other minute. Pray tell me, how you can say Tehillim with kavana. Im talking about normal Lag Bomer, not today....

I was never there but I have family, including my husband, who go whenever it's they can. I know so many who go religiously every year or every so often and talk HIGH about the atmosphere! So it's either you haven't been there enough times or simply don't connect...sorry. Though maybe I will agree that it doesn't talk to all women out there. I would love to go for to see the matzev lol but I can see myself shedding tears too

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:30 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Okay haven't watched the videos but I'll bite. Jews are not supposed to engage in idolatry. We don't pray TO tzadikkim at kvarim which is avodah zara. Maybe we hope that davening near a kever, their neshama will intercede to Hashem on our behalf. Maybe we go because their inspiration strengthens our own tefilos.

But frum yidden believe hashem can hear our tefilos anywhere. We don't NEED to be by kivrei tzadikkim, we're not davening to a tzadik. Again, I'm not watching these videos, and I'm not going to be inspired by people calling out to a Tzadik for help, because that is avodah zara. I feel for their plight if their desperate and wish them a yeshua, and maybe in their tzaar they're doing things that aren't ideal. But one shouldn't be violating the Torah and putting other's lives at risk for this when they can daven to Hashem from their own home. It seems idolatrous.

You brought it out very nice. But talking about risking lives, I do think EVERYONE there is risking. It's not like, we both went and only I risked your life, you risked mine too. I shall believe they all knew their lives are being risked and were okay with it. So no problem really.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:32 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
You brought it out very nice. But talking about risking lives, I do think EVERYONE there is risking. It's not like, we both went and only I risked your life, you risked mine too. I shall believe they all knew their lives are being risked and were okay with it. So no problem really.

I wouldn't say that there's no problem with risking your own life

liveandlove.ima

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 9:33 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:

The act of going to a tzadik's kever to plea is NOT AVODAH ZARA. believing that ONLY HE will help is.... of course we're praying that REB SHIMON ask HASHEM for yeshous.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note