Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Leave my job?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:15 am
Have any of you quit since having to start working from home? It's been 2 months and I'm completely unraveling. Things will fall apart if I leave but my boss isn't being unrealistic

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Have any of you quit since having to start working from home? It's been 2 months and I'm completely unraveling. Things will fall apart if I leave but my boss isn't being unrealistic

Can you financially afford to quit?

computergirl

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I love working from home! Snood all day Smile
What specifically is the problem? is it that your job is too hard to do from home? or having the kids on top of you? or something else

DrMom

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:19 am
Are you planning on looking for another job afterwards?

Now is not the best time for job searching. If I were you, I'd hang in there until you can physically go back to the office.

Notsobusy

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:29 am
If you cant work because your kids are home you probably qualify for paid family leave. You wont make your full salary but at least you will be getting some of it and still have a job.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:37 am
My office isn't set up for remote work so there's so little communication and so much work being done wrong and over and over. My husband is working too, semi home and semi out of the house. I have little toddlers. Life is chaos and I just can't hold it together anymore. My boss is demanding normally but now it's just out of hand. A big factor is that she doesn't have young kids home at all so she can focus completely on work.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:41 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Can you financially afford to quit?

Yes, I mean more money is always a help and we are saving for a house. But I'm not paying for childcare so it's not a major financial loss. I'm just nervous I'm doing something impulsive and potentially ruining my reputation

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes, I mean more money is always a help and we are saving for a house. But I'm not paying for childcare so it's not a major financial loss. I'm just nervous I'm doing something impulsive and potentially ruining my reputation

I don't think a move like this would be considered impulsive or ruin your reputation. But you need to consider that the economy will be in the dumps for a good time now, and you may have difficulty finding a new job.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:51 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
I don't think a move like this would be considered impulsive or ruin your reputation. But you need to consider that the economy will be in the dumps for a good time now, and you may have difficulty finding a new job.

I just don't know what to do. Talking to my boss is like talking to a wall (except she can be rather mean) and I can't keep this up anymore

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 12:50 pm
I'm in the process of quitting one of my jobs. It's impossible to keep up with both my jobs while my kids are home, and I wasn't ending up doing my hours anyway, so I figuredi might as well quit one and try to get unemployment for my reduced hours. What will be will be, but it's not fair to anybody for me to continue like this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics