Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Making a small wedding during Covid19
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 10:24 pm
How? Where? When? Who?

Help please.

Looking for an outdoor area that is pretty and able to be set up with tables and a dance floor and mechitza.
Will a caterer be willing to do it? Will a musician and photographer be able to come? If everyone stays spread out and wears masks can this work?
I’m talking just immediate family but it’s almost 100 people.
Can you recommend a place in the tristate area or thereabout for anytime after shavuos?

My4Jewels

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 10:29 pm
I don’t get it are we allowed I’m the tri state area to have gatherings of 100 people yet? I believe we are still under stay at home orders except for essentials like groceries and medicine .. did I miss something ?

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 10:36 pm
My sister is marrying off in around 3 weeks I think, hall didn't cancel yet. No clue if she has backup plans, but I would believe so.
Also my sil got married in a house, 2 weeks before pesach, nothing fancy so don't ask what where when lol but photographer came after wedding, 9pm.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 10:46 pm
I believe you can do it in PA for under 100 people (NY and NJ it’s still illegal). Call Greenwald Caterers they may have a venue.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:06 pm
My4Jewels wrote:
I don’t get it are we allowed I’m the tri state area to have gatherings of 100 people yet? I believe we are still under stay at home orders except for essentials like groceries and medicine .. did I miss something ?

No you didn't miss anything. But please stop! It's enough nerve-wracking and stressed as is, no need to make it more!

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:10 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I believe you can do it in PA for under 100 people (NY and NJ it’s still illegal). Call Greenwald Caterers they may have a venue.

this. ppl are going to pa. May still have to do under 100. So not all immediate family comes. There are very expensive options - like bushkill inn - or cheaper options in philly hotels.

In nj its not worth it. Even in private backyards ppl are calling the police on 20 ppl - or even kallah and photographer. And police just give tickets to everyone. so ppl are going out of state.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:37 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
this. ppl are going to pa. May still have to do under 100. So not all immediate family comes. There are very expensive options - like bushkill inn - or cheaper options in philly hotels.

In nj its not worth it. Even in private backyards ppl are calling the police on 20 ppl - or even kallah and photographer. And police just give tickets to everyone. so ppl are going out of state.

Can u post any cheaper smaller options in pa that u know of
I know someone looking

Thanks so much

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:37 pm
3 regions in upstate NY are on course to open this weekend. Have you contacted anyone there such as the type of farms that can be rented out for weddings?

My4Jewels

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:51 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
No you didn't miss anything. But please stop! It's enough nerve-wracking and stressed as is, no need to make it more!

Stop what?

Asking if we are allowed to do something? Asking if I’m missing something? Sorry not really sure what you mean. Make it more? I actually don’t know what you mean.

rae

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:52 pm
Greenwald caterer has a venue set up in pa. It’s a complete package wedding. He’s based out of Lakewood. I heard he’s being very reasonable.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:56 pm
https://scarsdale10583.com/sec.....dding

Whatever you do, lay low, and don't break the law. It's not worth it. (besides that it's not safe since people can get sick) .

I'm not saying it's not possible to make a wedding. Just suggesting you go into it knowing what the rules are.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 12:04 am
2 weddings were in monsey today but not sure where
Some smaller halls are hosting weddings in bklyn and some schools are allowing their members to use the lunchtooms

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 12:11 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:

Some smaller halls are hosting weddings in bklyn and some schools are allowing their members to use the lunchtooms

Can u post detials? My brother is engaged and looking for small place for summer that would allow them to book tentatively. Obviously they would have to reconsider based on the situation as they get closer.

ideally they would want someplace with outdoor are in case indoor is not allowed at last minute.

Brooklyn area preffered

Thank u very much

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 12:48 am
The outdoor weddings I have seen went as follows

Pianist (or dj) one person wearing masks and gloves in the furthest corner.

Immediate family only. No kids.

Two waiters gloved and masked, tables spread about 8-10 ft apart with a max of 3/4 people per table.

Dancing with ropes and for the chuppah, chairs set out with 8 ft between.
Beautifully small intimate and of course zoom cameras and live hook up for everyone else.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 6:52 am
HonesttoGod wrote:
The outdoor weddings I have seen went as follows

Pianist (or dj) one person wearing masks and gloves in the furthest corner.

Immediate family only. No kids.

Two waiters gloved and masked, tables spread about 8-10 ft apart with a max of 3/4 people per table.

Dancing with ropes and for the chuppah, chairs set out with 8 ft between.
Beautifully small intimate and of course zoom cameras and live hook up for everyone else.

This is also what I’ve seen. One of my friends had a backyard wedding and it was gorgeous!

watergirl

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 7:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How? Where? When? Who?

Help please.

Looking for an outdoor area that is pretty and able to be set up with tables and a dance floor and mechitza.
Will a caterer be willing to do it? Will a musician and photographer be able to come? If everyone stays spread out and wears masks can this work?
I’m talking just immediate family but it’s almost 100 people.
Can you recommend a place in the tristate area or thereabout for anytime after shavuos?

Side note - immediate family = parents, siblings, children. So unless the chasson and kallah each have 40 siblings and/or kids from prior marriages, its impossible to have 100 members if immediate family. That classification does not include grandparents, brother/sisters in law, nephews/nieces (children of siblings). This couple would have an easier time limiting it to true immediate family. Just the parents and siblings and if its a second marriage then kids from that marriage. No spouses, no kids, you get the point.

DrMom

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 7:44 am
Here in Israel we are now allowed to have outdoor weddings of up to 50 people, but with SD.
Next week it will be up to 100 people, and I think indoor weddings will be allowed.

I don't think dancing is allowed yet.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:36 am
rae wrote:
Greenwald caterer has a venue set up in pa. It’s a complete package wedding. He’s based out of Lakewood. I heard he’s being very reasonable.

Besides bushkill his wedding last night didn’t happen.
Someone called the local police. They said the know about it and it’s legal.
Then that person called the health deapartment who didn’t let it go.

I hope that guy is proud of himself /sarcasm alert.

shanie5

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 3:29 pm
Gatherings in Pennsylvania venues are 10 people. so I can't see what people are describing as legal. I spoke to someone in the business this past week. Its 10 people. Not 50, not 100. On may 18, they MAY up it to 25 people.
Please don't bring your simcha to us illegally.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 3:36 pm
my sister is getting married in June. Right now the plan is to do a "Drive By" Wedding and thechuppah will be in my parents' front yard and guests can drive by and watch from the cars. My mother is trying to figure out music and sound. If you've been to similar weddings in your communities, are they using a 1 man band, a 5 piece band or just recorded music? Since she is saving money on all other parts of the wedding, she wants this to be festive (but not over the top).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics