Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Send back to school? (Israel)

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 5:49 am
Wondering if sending children to school at this stage is more anxiety provoking (for the child) than staying home.

For those who have sent back, what are you hearing from your children? Are the rules and regulations very stressful for the kids?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 6:16 am
I would assume its individual to each child :/
I know, not helpful. But you could get many different answers. Just pointing that out.
Good luck either way.

DrMom

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 6:53 am
I don't know anybody who is overly-anxious about it. I think they pick up on their parents' feelings. If the parents are rational and calm, the kids usually are too.

ora_43

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 7:47 am
No. Or at least, no more than staying home. Life isn't going to be normal either way.

From what I see the schools are doing a good job explaining it to kids in an age-appropriate way. Anyway, most kids are used to a whole bunch of new safety measures (hand-washing, sanitizing, etc), so this is just one more thing.

mochamix18

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 7:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wondering if sending children to school at this stage is more anxiety provoking (for the child) than staying home.

For those who have sent back, what are you hearing from your children? Are the rules and regulations very stressful for the kids?

Just sent my ds back to gan today. He was one of 5 or 6 kids that went for his group. He was thrilled to go back even with all the new rules. He explained to me very well what is expected of the children and didn’t seem anxious at all. He had a coloring packet in his bag of the rules. My DS is 5 and has only a 7 month old sister so has been very isolated with no playmates at during the last two months just to give a little background.

mochamix18

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 7:52 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I would assume its individual to each child :/
I know, not helpful. But you could get many different answers. Just pointing that out.
Good luck either way.

Also very true

Iymnok

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 8:07 am
DS went today, half the class was there. They are 6, so no masks except in the chatzer. Only the rebbi and his assistant had on masks. He expected it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics